Bacon in Ghouland (Part 1)

That Stupid Idiot

 

          Telling Baekhyun to calm down is useless because the boy thinks the whole thing is a lie, a big sham to get his hopes up only to crush them just for the heck of it — he's had that kind of experience, thanks to the wonderful bunch of friends he has. If it weren't for them, Baekhyun wouldn't be in a crisp tux with shiny polished black shoes (the fancy kind!) right now; if it weren't for them, Baekhyun wouldn't have wasted two hours styling his floppy hair that refused to cooperate; if it weren't for them, Baekhyun wouldn't be running his hands through his perfectly styled hair because he's just so damn nervous; if it weren't for them, Baekhyun wouldn't be loosening and tightening his tie every two minutes or so because he's baking under the scorching sun while other guys are wearing wifebeaters and khakis, unlike the fancy shmancy Baekhyun. 

 

And if it weren't for the eleven lovely boys, Baekhyun wouldn't have embarrassed himself in front of his date who's wearing a plain tee with shorts and worn out flip-flops. Forget the whole thing being a sham, Baekhyun wishes the whole thing is just a nightmare, or even a prank. Anything to make it seem like he didn't overdress for the completely wrong reason. 

 

The girl, on the other hand, has the look of both amusement and boredom as she crosses her arms and arches an eyebrow at the sweaty piece of fancy shmancy mess that is Baekhyun. Baekhyun's mind races as he thinks of a legit reason as to why he's so dressed up, but comes up with nothing and just coughs awkwardly and mutters about getting pranked. None of that matters though, because Baekhyun's legs give away, unsure if it's from the lack of sleep, his nerves or just because of the bloody fire ball called the sun. 

 

He wakes up some significant time later in a dainty air conditioned room with an ice pack on his head. His clothes don't cling to his body like he thought they would but then he realises that he's not even wearing any clothes. His boxers are still intact but his fancy pants have somehow morphed into a pair of slacks and Baekhyun isn't sure if he should feel grateful for the change or uneasy because someone could've taken advantage of his beautiful body.

 

"Relax, you're still a ." Baekhyun turns his head and sees his master sitting next to him, looking rather amused. "Sadly."

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and all sense of awkwardness and uncertainty leaves him instantly — he doesn't even know why he was so worked up about it. Baekhyun knows that she isn't one to judge people based on a one-off occasion — tease, maybe, but she doesn't use it against the person for very long. That's exactly why Baekhyun fell for her anyway. 

 

"Really now? That's too bad. You missed your chance to touch these abs," Baekhyun teases, winking at her jokingly. The girl snorts and waves him away, poking his tummy in the process, making Baekhyun blush. 

 

"Abs, huh? Flab's more like it." The girl smirks and Baekhyun is torn between blushing more and wiping that smirk off her face.

 

"Shut up." Baekhyun swats her prodding finger away. So much for playing it cool. "What happened to my tux?"

 

"In the wash. You sweat like a dog," the girl deadpans and Baekhyun doesn't object, but instead asks her what she thinks about him in a tux. The answer comes as 'ridiculous', though him secretly hoped for a word of praise. 

 

"So what are we gonna do now?" Baekhyun sits up and crosses his legs, peering at the girl like a kid. 

 

The girl shrugs as she looks around Baekhyun's room. It's a masterpiece alright; clothes and homework strewn everywhere. "We've been duped. At least, that's what it looks like. No one's picking up their phones and apparently it's because I'm such a 'terrible master'—"

 

"But you are," Baekhyun points out. 

 

"Shut up." The girl pinches his cheek and continues her explanation, with Baekhyun pouting like a sad little puppy. "Anyway, I'm supposed to spend more time with you to make up for it; something about it being animal abuse if I don't. Oh, and Suho said you have the tickets to wherever we're going."

 

Baekhyun silently curses Sehun and Suho for not mentioning anything to him. He rings them up anyway, and Suho being the awfully classy and cliched he is tells Baekhyun that they're going to the amusement park and have a romantic stroll on the beach on the way to a fancy dinner on a seemingly expensive cruise ship. Sehun is obviously too cheap to even supply them with the means of transport so that can only mean walking. Baekhyun then fills the girl in quickly, changes into casual clothes (Baekhyun has been to the girl's house enough times to have some of his own there for emergencies) and they breeze off to their destination.

 

The journey is filled with their endless bickering about nonsensical things, from how stupid Baekhyun's hair looks when it's gelled and parted in the centre, and how it's impossible to go somewhere fancy at 9 in the morning in the middle of summer, and even how the girl being a terrible master is a total lie because torturing Baekhyun is like her job; she's destined to do so. 

 

 

 

          Baekhyun has butterflies in his stomach and he's pretty sure it's not because he's sitting next to his 12-year-long-crush but rather because the freaking roller coaster is killing him with its speed and loops and oh boy he's gonna puke. Baekhyun has always thought of himself as fearless — he is, just not in this context. He partially blames the fact that he's supposed to look cool sitting next to his crush and that screeching a zillion octaves higher than a girl is definitely not normal. He didn't mind it when he went with the guys because the heck, he competes with Chen to see who can squeak a higher note. But now, Baekhyun needs to be manly and having a screech worse than a banshee's is hardly anything for a man to be proud of. Luckily, the girl doesn't seem to mind and even goes ahead and clutches Baekhyun's hand in the midst of her adrenaline, since the roller coaster is the kind that leaves your legs dangling in mid-air and goes at the speed of Tao at a Gucci sale. Ignoring the fact that his hands look kinda bluish — which can't be good — Baekhyun is satisfied and happy to be in his happy little haven as blood gets cut off from the rest of his hand. 

 

They venture to all the thrill rides in the park, ranging from the wet themed rides to the ridiculous rides that bring you up and then promptly drop you like it's no big deal and even the indoor roller coasters with built in toy guns for you to shoot the ugly, plastic monsters with. They top it off with ice cream afterwards because screaming your lungs off 10 rides is really no joke. To ease whatever nonexistent tension Baekhyun's paranoid mind thinks there is, he goes and steals a bite from the girl's ice cream, earning him a good whack to the head. 

 

"Ew, I don't want your germs to be in my precious food!"

 

"What are you, five? You still owe me two scoops of strawberry ice cream, if you happen to forget," Baekhyun counters. 

 

"That was years ago! And germs are everywhere, but I really don't want yours in particular." The girl makes a face and backs away from Baekhyun slowly, as if remembering that he has some terminal disease on him. "I'll be cursed to be the most annoying person on Earth and be doomed to look 'perfect'."

 

"Being me is awesome, okay." Baekhyun leans over once more and gets another quick taste of the vanilla ice cream. "And choco-vanilla is like, the best creation ever. Here, I'll even give you a free sample." 

 

Baekhyun shoves his double chocolate-chip ice cream into the girl's face and (unintentionally) smears the tip of her nose with it, then cracks up at his 'accidental' of genius until a frozen ball of white cream is flung onto his face. This time a girl's laughter rings out and as Baekhyun scrambles off the ground to get his revenge, he can't help but think that things are perfect like this: them being weird and kinda childish and lost in their own world, bickering and having silly food fights and just doing everything they did as kids, with the exception of romantic feelings being present this time. He didn't think the girl would actually go with the stupid excuse given by Suho and Sehun, but just for a bit, maybe being the immature fools they are is exactly what Baekhyun has been looking forward to all this time. 

 

Their chase leads them to stumble across a haunted house, one that's so far back in the corner and so neglected that the cobwebs and old dusty wood look completely natural its abandoned corner of the amusement park, and to top it all off, the operators look bored out of their minds, probably not expecting a single customer. Baekhyun and the girl exchange glances. The girl is afraid of the dark and Baekhyun would scream at anything that pops up randomly, even though he brushes it off as 'screaming just for the heck of it'. Just as the girl turns away and mutters something about being hungry, Baekhyun grabs her hand and grins at her wickedly. It isn't everyday he gets the upper hand, and Baekhyun decides to relish this moment for as long as possible. Punches and whatever punishment can be dealt with later; right now is his time to shine as a reliable and amazing manly tough guy. Dragging the stubborn girl who refuses to even take a glance inside the haunted house, he walks over to the operators and inquires about the ride. 

 

"Oh, it's just your typical haunted house, only it has two parts: a roller coaster and a maze. The maze is more like an escape room really, but because we don't offer any assistance, no one wants to challenge it and well, this place has been pretty much lifeless ever since. The roller coaster hasn't been used in years so it'll be creaky, but it'll support at least the both of you, I think."

 

The mention of 'escape room' catches the girl's attention and she fixes her gaze on the operators, avoiding her eyes to look at the eerily dark roller-coaster-escape-room-haunted-house. "Then why don't you change your rules and y'know, help?"

 

The two operators look at the girl as if she just asked the colour of the sky. "Uh, because that would ruin all the fun?"

 

"Oh."

 

Glancing at the girl once more, Baekhyun tells the operators that they're up for the challenge, despite the girl's countless protests. One way or another, Baekhyun manages to get the girl seated into the front row (they're the only people there after all) and buckle her up all nice and safe (if you ignore the seat that looks like it could give out any moment). Just as they're about to set off, the second operator, the one that hadn't uttered a single word, gives them a subtle beforehand knowledge.

 

"By the way, the other reason no one ever comes here is because we lost our first group of customers and they were never found, even after they tore down this place. Surprisingly, the whole thing got rebuilt overnight, though it sounds completely wacky considering that signs of reconstruction was never seen or heard, including the lack of manpower to do the job so quickly, but no one questioned that; they just kept away. We're only staying here because we need cash, so, knock yourself out, yeah?" And before any of the information can sink in, the first operator pulls the trigger, plunging them into the roller coaster at high speed, their shrill screams trailing behind them as echoes. 

 


 

I really wanted to write more but then I don't think I can capture how terrible the rie is in like a week?

I'm just lazy and stupid okay sorry

Anyway I'll be on hiatus until October :'(

oh but I'll prolly pocrastinate so on't worry too much lol

DO NOT UNSUBSCRIBE I AM NOT DEAD I WILL BE BACK I JUST NEEDA WERK ON MY Y CHINESE SOBS I HOPE I DON'T FAIL

kay i know you dont wanna learn about mai lyfe so bai

 

Edit: I'm closing the poll 2 days in advance because I won't be here for a while, hence hiatus, but I wanted to let you guys know that majority said 'yes', so the girl shall be called 

한새린

Han Sae Rin

I don't want this fic to go downhill because of the baekhyun and taeyeon news so I shall ignore all that in this fic. It will go on as planned and you can still imagine the girl as yourself, as this is an aimed baekhyunxreader fic