First Day Of ‘Slavery’

That Stupid Idiot

I stare at Baekhyun as if he’s an idiot – he’s definitely proven himself to be one - and burst out into fits of laughter. He looks at me with a confused look on his face, scratching his head as he tries to figure out why I’m reacting this way.

 

          “B-Baek,” I say, trying to catch my breath as it comes out as short gasps. “Any sane person would know how much of diva you are. You need a freaking helper just to your books and you’re going to be my slave? Ha! I’d like to see that!” Baekhyun frowns and crosses his arms pouting. Aigoo, the aegyo king is coming out.

 

          “Nu-uh,” he retorts like a kid, even sticking out his tongue at me for counter measures. “I can so be a slave. In fact, I’ll be the best pet/slave ever!” he boasts, puffing out his chest with a smug smile on his face. A smirk appears on my face and I chuckle evilly.

 

          “Oh really, now? Alright then, bacon. I accept your challenge.” Baekhyun’s smug grin widens. I should fix that. “You do know that this means you can’t complain, nor defy me and you must, at all costs, do exactly as I say to the point where you’ll take me seriously even if I say ‘eat dust bunnies’.” Baekhyun’s smile fades away as if he just noticed the fact that I’m the one he’s going to serve for the next eleven months.

 

          “O-oh. Really?” Baekhyun laughs nervously and I join him with my own sarcastic one. “I thought being your pet meant you would dote on me 24/7,” he answers dumbly. I frown at first but smile again as I find a great way to retort to that.

 

          “Don’t you know that my pet fishes never last more than a week?” All the energy drains out of Baekhyun as he thinks back to all the times he’s ever been mean to me, his face contorting into a more horrifying expression with each memory.

 

          “I’m screwed, aren’t I?” he asks whimpers. I give him a sweet smile and say, “Say good bye to your rep…..again. Officially, this time.”

 

 

 

“Baekhyun-ah, I have algebra next; get my books for me.”

 

          “Baek~ Give me your biology notes.”

 

          “Baekkie! I’m gonna be late! Carry me there!”

 

          “Bacon, I’m starving! Go fetch me something from the cafeteria in 2 minutes; I have history next. Oh, and get me some sweets while you’re at it.”

 

          “Psst, Baek. I’m bored. Entertain me.” Baekhyun hits his head repeatedly on the table, groaning in response. It’s English now, one of the few classes I share with Baekhyun and some of the other guys. Baekhyun sits in front of me while Chanyeol and Chen sit on either side of me. The both of them snicker as I’ve already told them about the ‘contract’ between me and Baekhyun.

 

          “Why couldn’t the chicken cross the road?” Baekhyun asks after a while of thinking. I do an imitation of Sehun – aka my ‘wtf-are-you-doing’ face.

 

          “Bacon, you’re about as good as telling jokes as Sehun is at smiling happily.” The two boys on either side of me chuckle but Baekhyun looks less than amused.

 

          “Well, what do you want?” My eyes twinkle with excitement as he asks the question I’ve been dying to hear.

 

          “I thought you’d never ask,” I answer smugly and Baekhyun groans, knowing that whatever awaits him cannot be good. “Get everybody’s attention and do a girl group dance, then sit down as if nothing happened.” Baekhyun stares at me with horror written all over his face as I high-five both Chen and Chanyeol.

 

          “Are you serious? I can’t do that. I’m-“

 

          “My beloved little pet that will obey his master,” I finish for him, smirking as I did. “Contract, Baek. Contract.” Baekhyun frowns even more and a cease appears between his eyebrows.

 

          “Aww, don’t worry, Baekhyun. You can always do the chicken dance,” Chen suggests helpfully.

 

          “Or ballet.” Chen and I crack up silently as we give our thumbs up to Chanyeol. Baekhyun doesn’t appreciate our thoughts and just complains under his breath, but he does however stick to his word and obeys my command. He stands up abruptly, making sure that the chair squeaks along the tiles of the floor. All eyes are on him instantly, including our English teacher who adores him to no end.

 

          “Yes, Mr. Byun? Do you have a problem?” Baekhyun doesn’t answer but takes in a deep breath and starts singing a small part of Kara’s ‘Step’, just before the first chorus. He taps his foot to the rhythm, getting into the beat, and when he finally reaches the chorus, he starts dancing – and I mean really, really dancing, not just moving his body side to side like in a slow dance. He executes every hip and body movement perfectly, even towards the end of the chorus, he shakes his according to the dance without hesitation. Everyone gapes and stares at him speechless. When he finishes, he takes a small bow, sits down and starts packing his stuff up, then grabs my wrist and drags me out of class, just in time as the bell rings, signalling the end of school.

 

          “What a way to end the first week of school,” I mutter to myself. Baekhyun grunts beside me, stuffing my books into my locker. I didn’t even need to tell him to do that for me. I’m really starting to enjoy this pet/slave thing!

 

          “Shut up,” Baekhyun whines. Whispers and giggles ring throughout the hallways, no doubt about Baekhyun’s little performance back there. A silly grin settles on my face and I decide to reward the bacon a little bit.

 

          “You’re free to go now, Baek.” Baekhyun stops what he’s doing and stares at me blankly.

 

          “What? Why? I thought you have homework?” I shake my head at his slowness. How is he the top student in school again?

 

          “Idiot, it’s a reward. Go hang out with the guys or something. I’ll go get Luhan hyung or Xiumin hyung to help me.” I know it’s weird but I prefer calling them ‘hyung’ over ‘oppa’. ‘Oppa’ sounds really flirty and just…just not my style. The guys got used to it overtime so it’s not really a big deal now.

 

          As I turn to walk away, Baekhyun grabs my hand and pulls me back. “No,” he says firmly. “I will tutor you. I’m the best, after all.” I roll my eyes at his overconfidence.

 

          “Then what’s wrong with getting the hyungs to help me? I’m sure they can do algebra and biology. They’re 2 years older than us, Baek.” I argue back. Baekhyun, however, refuses to listen to reason and tightens his hold on me.

 

          “Just let me help,” he insists, already taking my books away from me. “We can do it at Sehun’s place and hang out later. It’s not fun when you’re not there.” I roll my eyes.

 

          “Riiight. Because Sehun is no fun to tease.” Baekhyun shrugs and grabs a hold of my hand with his free one, his other one holding onto both our homework. Well, mine, mostly since a ‘genius’ like him gets excused of extra work. Lucky bastard.

 

          As much as I would like to question the hand holding thing – which is something new for me and Baekhyun – I’m observant enough to notice all the fangirls glaring at me and our hands. In any case, I’m safer if I’m attached to Baekhyun. Most of the girls don’t dare come closer than a five meter radius of Baek because apparently, his aura is too strong or some bull like that.

 

          For now, this is a leash. A leash for a hyperactive dog. A leash that involves skin contact and thumb and also the occasional gentle squeezes.

 

          It’s definitely not holding hands, I swear.