Definitely Not A Date

That Stupid Idiot


Since the ingenious bacon decided that studying him will be the most effective thing, he didn’t bother to think about what comes after successfully dragging me away: transport. Neither of us have a car; I walk to school while Baekhyun usually rides with the guys. Right now, they’re probably already halfway to Sehun’s place. After all, we didn’t wait up for Chanyeol and Chen. What are the odds of them waiting for us anyway?

 

          “Pabo.” I hit him on the head, causing him to wince.

 

          “Ow...” he whines and turns to glare at me. “What was that for? I have a fragile brain, mind you.” I snort and roll my eyes.

 

          “Yeah, sure. So what does your genius brain say we do now? Walk? Sehun’s house is a fifteen minutes’ drive away.” Baekhyun looks up at the sky, thinking thoughtfully as his hand is still clasped over mine. It’s just a leash, I remind myself. Don’t over think.

 

          “How are you with people?” I furrow my brows and look at Baekhyun weirdly.

 

          “Um...what does this have to do with our transport?” He ignores my not-answer and continues to drag me, heading in an unfamiliar direction. I don’t usually go anywhere after school unless it’s the library or the guys’ houses’ so my sense of direction is probably worse than Baek’s any day.

 

          After a quick five minute walk, we reach a bus stop just in time as a bus arrives. We board it immediately despite how packed it is. Baekhyun and I are squished together as the bus lurches forward, making our attached hands get squashed by our bodies, and I look down embarrassed. I’m not that used to skin ship of any kind so this is pretty awkward for me. Baekhyun doesn't seem to mind and just looks out for our next stop, unconsciously doing the thumb thing.

 

          A number of passengers get off at the next stop but the bus is still filled to the brim. As it starts moving again, I feel a hand on my thigh, and I feel like puking and want nothing more than to move as far away as possible. But I can’t even move my arm in this case because of how packed the bus is. The hand trails up my thigh slowly, giving me the chills. The worst part is that I can’t even turn around to snap at the ert. There’s one thing I’m sure of though: It’s definitely not Baekhyun. I don’t even know why I considered him as a suspect in the first place but I’m sure it’s not him. The hand is old, wrinkly and just disgusting on all levels.

 

          I unconsciously whimper when the feeling of the hand on me becomes unbearable. This is absolutely hell. Is this karma for ruining Baekhyun’s reputation? Really? Isn’t this a bit too extreme?

 

          Maybe Baekhyun notices my discomfort or maybe he just feels uncomfortable in that spot but what happens afterwards I am eternally grateful to him for. The doors open as the bus reaches another stop. This time, a huge wave shuffles to move out. Baekhyun takes this opportunity to move away from that spot. He pulls me with him to the front and lets me lean against the pole while he stands over me protectively. I breathe a sigh of relief as the creepy old ert doesn’t seem to be persistent.

 

          “Thanks, Baek.” He looks at me sceptically.

 

          “What for?” I shake my head, too lazy to answer. I rest my head against his chest, causing him to tense up. “U-uhm...wh-what-“

 

          “Just tell me when we reach. I'm tired.” I stifle a yawn and snuggle into Baekhyun’s warm chest. He doesn’t say anymore and relaxes, humming lightly to me as he gives my hand a small squeeze. I smile and drift off immediately, thinking about how useful this pet/slave thing actually is.

 

 

 

“Right, so explain to us again how you used up two hours on the bus when it’s just a fifteen minutes drive?" Chen muses looking at the both of us and I roll my eyes and look away. I’m tempted to blame it all on bacon since he fell asleep when he was supposed to wake me up because thanks to that, we missed the stop and had to wait for the bus to make a full round to come back to our stop. I want to blame it all on him but then again, Baek saved me earlier. Who knows what could’ve happened if he didn’t move us?

 

          “Yah, enough of this. I have to help this idiot,” Baekhyun flicks my forehead lightly, “with her homework. So excuse you.” Baekhyun places our books on the table as the others scoot over, leaving space for the both of us.

 

          “Whatever you say, bacon,” Chanyeol teases. “We'll be playing games upstairs. Come up when you guys are done.” And with that, we are left alone to work on boring maths questions.

 

          “I hate algebra,” I mutter and rub my eyes a few times, trying to get the sleep off me. Baekhyun stares at me for a while. “What?”

 

          “Are you still tired? I can do your homework for you. I’m your slave, after all,” he states rather obviously. I know I can push everything to him but l guess he deserves a reward.

 

          “It’s fine, Baek. I’m not totally brainless, you know?” Baekhyun gives me a look that says he doesn’t believe me. I frown and Baekhyun starts his work. I start working on algebra and find it so utterly boring, I start nodding off right after I read the first question. I use my fingers and struggle to keep awake but to no avail.

 

          Maybe just five minutes wouldn't hurt...

 

          Before I can rethink what I’ve decided on, I let my eyes shut down and let my head fall on the table with a ‘thump’. Hopefully my drool won’t stain my work.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

I’m almost done with my geography assignment when I hear a ‘thump’ to my left. I turn my head to find the silly girl asleep again. I blink a few times before chuckling. She looks like an angel when she’s asleep - that foul mouth of hers doesn’t work when she’s asleep. Thank God.

 

          I fold my hands and lay my head in them as I stare at her angelic face. Her slightly chubby cheeks that I would just love to pinch and poke at all day long, her smooth skin and of course, those irresistible lips. I gulp and shake my head. No weird ideas allowed, I lecture myself.

 

          A small smile forms on my face as I push a piece of hair back from her adorable face. She’s had a rough day, even though it was me who did all her work. Gently, I lift her face up and slip her homework out from under her. I’m not really strong like XiuMin hyung or buff like Chanyeol so it's probably better if I leave her sleeping here. I rethink it over and decide that it's not really good for her back.

 

          I draw in a deep breath and give myself a prep talk. Carrying her on my back in school was kind of like hell, but that’s just my back strength. I’m more confident with my arms. I slip one of my arms under her knees and wrap the other one around her shoulders, then breathe in deeply and lift her up. Surprisingly, she feels a lot lighter in my arms. In fact, having her in my arms like this almost feels like second nature to me.

 

          I place her on the sofa gently and she cuddles into the soft pillows immediately. I chuckle and poke her cheek softly. She’s so cute no matter what she does. I stare at her for a few more moments, making sure she’s still fast asleep before turning to go back to work.

 

 

 

 

 

          I really hope this plan works.