Bacon in Ghouland (Part 2)

That Stupid Idiot

         

          Baekhyun comes to the conclusion that he will lose his sense of touch entirely by the end of the day because his whole arm is literally dead thanks to Saerin’s abnormal human strength. And if that isn’t bad enough, Saerin’s high pitched screams and his own are giving him a migraine but that’s not the important thing right now because Baekhyun swears that he sees fire at the end of the seemingly bottomless abyss and decides that dying as a burnt piece of bacon really isn't as flattering as he thought it'd be. Screwing his eyes shut tightly, he prays to the heavens and hopes beyond hope that a miracle will happen and that they'd come out of the death trap unscathed and unharmed. And the last thing that Baekhyun remembers before the fire engulfs him is that if he ever gets to see either Suho or Sehun in the afterlife, he will strangle them to the after-afterlife (if such a thing even exists). 

 

There is a loud crash and the sound of several cans rattling — to which Baekhyun is sure that it’s coming from his bones — as well as an audible groan from his right which he barely registers because it feels like his whole body is being crushed by a double decker bus with a fat cow munching on a huge banana split on top.  Don’t ask him how that’s possible — his head feels as if it’s being pounded by a sledgehammer and nothing makes sense. Things get even weirder when he manages to crack an eye open and sees not one, but twelve actual cows that are happily eating kimchi in front of him, their faces eerily similar to his punch-worthy friends. Plus Saerin. 

 

Baekhyun screams. 

 

A whack lands on the back of his head rather sharply and he turns to where Saerin presumably is, and wants nothing more than to hide behind her because those cows are now playing mah-jong with cigarettes sticking out from both their nostrils. At least, that’s what he intended until he sees Saerin’s face and screams again because good grief she looks like a hybrid between a Venus flytrap and a bulldog with Siwon’s moustache as an attractive, additional feature. He gets another slap and everything looks like a series of colours like that in a kaleidoscope before he refocuses and sees the face of the girl he loves.  

 

“Stop screeching, geez. My head’s already pounding from the stupid roller coaster crash,” Saerin groans out as she massages her nape, eyes panning across the absurd place where they came to. It seems to be part of the ride, because the roller coaster - or what's left of it, anyways - is parked in a wooden, mouldy lump right before a wall with the painting of a creepy clown, which is weird because that thing wasn't there before. Tearing her eyes away from the wall-that-seemed-to-have-appeared-out-of-nowhere, Saerin takes in the rest of the surroundings as Baekhyun inches closer to her, his whimpers evident as he cowers by her side. The place looks like it came out of a fairytale storybook — Snow White, to be precise. The sides of the area are lined with trees, which trunks are dark grey and have creepy faces on them. They can’t find any form of light source but it gives the place a soft lime green glow, creating oddly shaped shadows on the ground. Then there’s also the typical “ghost’ whine, the spooky ‘ooohhh’ kind and not to mention the cliched yellow cat eyes peering at them from the dark, staring them down as if they were their next meal. 

 

Saerin thinks the whole thing is bogus. 

 

“What is this, some childish prank? First the Alice in Wonderland thing and now Snow White?” Then something clicks in her head and things start to make sense to her — slightly. 

 

“I swear if this is another one of those idiots’plans, I oughtta-”

 

And Baekhyun chooses that moment to scream something so ridiculous, Saerin has to stare blankly at him for fifteen minutes to let it register. 

 

“CHEN YOU FAT COW STOP EATING ICE CREAM THROUGH YOUR NOSTRILS AND PUT MY WAFFLES DOWN.”

 

 

 

          Baekhyun is absolutely terrified. 

 

He doesn’t know why Saerin isn’t scared of all this and has the boldness to snort at their predicament because Baekhyun’s about to pee his pants and he’s the manly one in this relationship, not Saerin. 

 

And it’s for a perfectly good reason, too. But right now is not the time to list out the numerous reasons why because they’re stuck in the middle of a forest which came from who-knows-where inside a roller-coaster-slash-maze — which probably isn’t even real because Baekhyun is pretty sure that this so called ride is just a hoax to lure unsuspecting people in order to feed the horde of cannibals that have taken over the underground society or whatever you call it. It sounds stupid, but that was probably the only possible explanation for such weirdness in an otherwise normal amusement park. 

 

While Baekhyun is occupied with his train of thoughts in a curled up ball position, Saerin promptly decides to just walk along the path of the creepy forest since she actually wants to get out as fast as humanely possible. She doesn’t intend to live here with Baekhyun for the rest of her life - goodness, no - so she figures she might as well get a head start before they viciously tear each other apart due to hunger. 

 

The gravel crunches under her feet but Saerin ignores all that, even as Baekhyun runs up to catch up to her because he doesn’t want to be left alone next to the wreckage that was the roller coaster. He tries to muster up the courage to at least look manly but well, he only accomplishes walking properly instead of cowering like a scared child. Unbeknownst to him, Baekhyun is actually walking a tad behind Saerin, his legs shaking just the slightest bit but evident enough for Saerin to notice. She sighs, wonders for the trillionth time if their genders were secretly swapped in the past, then promptly grabs his hand, entwining their fingers together as she gives Baekhyun a reassuring squeeze, refusing to meet his eyes as she concentrates on finding a way out of this Weirdoland. 

 

Baekhyun’s feelings are suddenly all over the place. His face is flushed, his mouth agape, opening and closing like a fish out of water because he doesn't know how to respond, his shoulders stiff in fear that his hands would turn clammy and make Saerin drop his hand. He really, really, really doesn't want her to let go (ever) because it’s just so warm and reassuring in this dark, cold and weird place. Not knowing what else to do, Baekhyun just looks down, mentally kicking himself for his own incompetence. His eyes unconsciously trail to their laced hands, the warmth once again spreading to his ears until he notices something he didn’t notice before — and it’s how Saerin is trembling just the slightest bit. Her hand is in Baekhyun’s, holding his tightly, giving him squeezes every now and then to comfort them both; but if you see past that and look, really look at her, you’d see that she is indeed shaking, and it isn’t from the cold. Her steps seem more wobbly than before, uncertainty in them though she still refuses to let Baekhyun see her face. That’s when Baekhyun’s mind brings him back to a distant memory, one of when they were about six. 

 

Being the silly little children that they were, they started to procrastinate when it was time to do the group project. It was late at night and they were all gathered in Baekhyun’s room, rummaging through his belongings to see if they could unveil any secrets. A bright idea popped into the little bacon's mind as he got thoroughly annoyed at his friends who literally touched everything he owned. Reaching for the light switch, he flipped it and the lights went out immediately. Every sound in his room ceased and he grabbed for his torch which he had on the nightstand below the switch. Grinning madly, he went in for Saerin, wanting to scare her. He only managed to place a hand on her shoulder before the poor girl jumped up and screamed, her head butting Baekhyun right in the chin. Needless to say, they were all chided that day and group projects were always done in school. And ever since then, Saerin had been deathly afraid of the dark, the incident with Baekhyun intensifying it by a hundred fold. 

 

Baekhyun instantly feels guilty as the memory fades away. The lights surrounding them are getting dimmer, and Saerin’s trembling is more evident than before. Biting his bottom lip, Baekhyun decides to do something completely out of character, which may or may not result in him earning a slap with the slightest chance of getting a possible smile of gratitude. 

 

He stops the both of them in their tracks, causing Saerin to gasp, as if being jolted out of her reverie. Ever so tenderly, Baekhyun cups her face and slowly turns it to face him, though she immediately looks downwards, still refusing to face Baekhyun. She probably doesn’t want to me to see her weak, Baekhyun thinks, and he can’t help but pout a little. He then pulls her closer, resting his forehead on her crown, inhaling her scent. He feels Saerin stiffen under this motion, but she doesn’t pull away, just fists his shirt tightly, not saying anything as she continues to shiver in fear, Baekhyun feeling more and more pangs of guilt hit him like a boulder with each shake. 

 

“I’m sorry,” he mutters at last, voice muffled by her hair. “I shouldn’t have forced you in here. But…” Baekhyun sighs. He feels sorry, but at the same time, extremely frustrated because Saerin is still reluctant to rely on him, even when it’s obvious that she’s scared. Shifting his hands to wrap them around her shoulders, he pulls her close and hugs her tightly as he the back of her head soothingly. 

 

“Even if I look like this, I’m still a guy, you know. You should rely on me more, during times like these.” Still in a rather sulky mood, Baekhyun lifts his head and hits hers lightly with his chin, his pout as evident as ever in the dim glow of the horrid looking, twisted trees. “Idiot.”

 

A small chuckle erupts from below him, and his pout smooths into a smile of his own as he feels Saerin doing the same. She wraps her arms around his torso, giving Baekhyun a quick, tight squeeze as she mumbles a quick “thanks” which he barely catches. She then pulls away slightly, turning her head to face the dark road ahead of them as she gulps. “W-we... We should get going.” Without another word, they hold onto each other’s hands, their hearts thundering below their ribs as they walk side by side, bracing themselves for the unspeakable horrors that await them. 

 

The darkness engulfs them both and they squeeze their eyes shut, scooting closer to each other in fear of getting separated. All is silent and then suddenly, an ear piercing scream resounds, followed by a higher pitched one. They sound more distant with each passing second, until they become nothing more than faint echoes. 

 

Silence ensues. 

 

 

 


 

Yes...hi, I'm back 

coughsafterlikeayearormorecoughs /slapped

I'M SO SORRY I KEPT YOU GUYS WAITING

but tbh i lost my sticky notes on my laptop which contained my plots of this story... and i fogot what i wanted to write so ._.

i had it all planned out- i was gonna end in 30 chapter with spin offs!!

but well.. i guess God had other plans in store for me 

so here's to hoping my brain can think of better ideas than 2014 me! 

p/s i will try to update more often before i forget again lol