s i x

Because To Me, It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything is a complete blur.

 

Blood stains Soojung’s dress, hands and legs but none of that is relevant to her at the moment. She’s currently seated outside the operating room along with the rest of their friends who haven’t budged since arriving. Zitao feels like shooting himself since he was the one at the wheel with Junmyeon and Kris who are trying to calm him down. Tears ache to be released but for some reason they become stuck at the rim of her eyes. She wants to scream and wake up from this nightmare but it all feels too real yet she’s unable to comprehend that just a mere few hours ago, they were dancing in the moonlight, wishing to stay together forever.

 

“He’ll be okay.”

Soojung slowly turns to the owner of the voice and Sehun seats himself next to Soojung after covering her up with his jacket before taking her stained hands into his own blood stained ones.

“Will he?” she questions quietly. “Will he be okay?”

Sehun squeezes her hand. “He will,” he assures. “Now, go wash off the blood around you.”

Putting an arm around her shoulder, he holds her up and motions for one of the girls to come help her. Kris’s long time girlfriend—Arisu—takes over and he watches them vanish behind a corner before sitting back down.

 

Soojung ends up entering the bathroom alone after telling Arisu she’ll be fine by herself and once inside, she catches her reflection in the mirror. Blood stains are everywhere and the terrifying moment returns to her.

 

“Jongin-ah!”

Ignoring the fact that she was in a dress and heels, Soojung shoves everyone aside as she literally jumps out of the car to get to Jongin. Sehun jumps out a split second later followed by Minseok and Junmyeon but due to his agility, Minseok reaches Jongin first and proceeds to pat the younger one in the face.

“Jongin-ah!” Minseok calls and Soojung falls to her knees right on the other side of him. “Yah, Kim Jongin! Sehun-ah,” Minseok shouts, grabbing Sehun’s wrist. “Call 119.”

Sehun nods before slipping out his phone.

“Jongin, Jongin-ah,” Soojung calls, reaching out to shake him but Minseok pushes her hands away.

“Don’t move him!” Minseok says. “He hit his head, don’t move him.”

 

Red tints the water and Soojung watches silently as the color begins to fade from her hands.

 

Lights are flashing and she can’t stand to watch EMT lift Jongin onto the stretcher. She jumps in immediately once he’s put inside the ambulance and Sehun promises to meet her at the hospital before they close the door on them. Her heart is racing yet she still answers questions being asked about Jongin without any hesitation. His hand is warm in hers and she prays the whole entire way to the hospital for God to not take away her angel yet.

 

She tosses the last towel into the trash after cleaning her legs and sighs before ultimately deciding to wash off what was left of her makeup as well. Her eyes are tired and red and almost lifeless.

 

When she returns, Zitao is calmed but still sitting alone at the end of the hall with his head down. She knows he’s still blaming himself so she takes a seat next to him and places a comforting hand on top of his.  With regretful eyes, Zitao glances up at Soojung from behind his licorice bangs when he feels her warm touch.  

“It wasn’t your fault,” Soojung tells him with a small smile. “Don’t blame yourself.”

Zitao sighs and lowers his eyes. “I’m sorry, Soojung-ah.”

“It was an accident,” Soojung says calmly with a warm smile. “Everything will be okay.”

After some hesitation, Zitao eventually gives her a slight nod with a hint of a smile to make Soojung feel a bit better.

 

Once the operation is over, the doctors reveal that Jongin might not be completely the same. He has suffered some damage to his brain and the only way to find out if he’s still the same is when he wakes up. Soojung wasn’t quite sure how to react to the news but more than anything, she was glad he was still here.

 

Soojung is quiet as she sits next to Jongin. His head is wrapped in bandages and he has tubes connected to him along with various needles in his arms that connect to endless machines beeping around him. His hair was shaved for the procedure and sure, Soojung’s going to miss it but that’s nothing compared to wanting him to be alright. Her hand clutches his tightly and for the first time ever since meeting him, Soojung feels so alone and vulnerable.

 

After a while Minseok enters quietly so he doesn’t wake up the others who also stayed the night and Soojung glances up at him. Being the calm one he usually is, Minseok gives her a small comforting smile as he slips into the empty seat next to her.

“I left a voicemail for his parents,” he sighs heavily. “I had Sehun and Seulgi go grab you a set of new clothes to change into as well.”

“Thanks Oppa,” she says with a tired smile and Minseok nods.

“Get some rest,” Minseok suggests with a gentle voice. “He won’t be waking up anytime soon.”

He her head gently and she sighs quietly with her gazed turned back to Jongin.

 

Soojung can’t quite tell what time it is but she is awaken when the doors to the room slide open with a loud bang and just like her, the few in the room all wake up to Jongin’s mother storming into the room. His mother, a high class woman donning nothing but the most expensive jewels darts to his side opposite of Soojung and almosts throws herself over his comatose body meanwhile Jongin’s father, a stern looking man who is just an aged version of Jongin, follows after calmly.

“Oh my dear son!” His mother cries with everyone else in the room on their toes. Jongin never talked much about his parents since they were so against his desire to dance instead of taking over their business.

“Omonim, abonim,” Junmyeon calls, walking up next to a nervous Soojung.

“Junmyeon-ah,” Jongin’s mother chokes through tears. “What happened?”

Everyone has their heads down low as Junmyeon begins to explain. “We were being careless and Jongin fell out of the car, resulting in this. We were intoxicated at the time as well.”

“How can you all be so careless!” She spits and Soojung winces while everyone else has almost zero to no reaction. “Look at Jongin now, he’s lying in a hospital bed. What can you do?!”

“Yeobo,” Mr. Kim calls, wrapping an arm around his wife to calm her down. “It wasn’t their fault, don’t blame them.”

“This is why I said to send him away, they’re useless,” she mutters and Soojung turns to Junmyeon who just closes his eyes. It’s obvious he’s heard these words many times before.

“And who is this?” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter