f o u r

Because To Me, It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting at her usual table, Soojung was deeply concentrated on finishing the rough cut for Jongin and Jongdae’s commercial when the bell to the door rings. In comes Jongin, rubbing his palms together as the cold has bitten his cheeks and nose red and he jolts towards his girlfriend who hasn’t seem to notice him yet.

“Hey Gorgeous,” he says, sliding right into her. “It’s so cold!” He presses his hands against her cheeks and Soojung squeals, swatting his hands away while he just laughs at her.

“Yah!” She hisses with him tossing himself over her shoulder to peek at her work.

“It doesn’t need to be perfect,” Jongin comments  after a glance at her complex screen of editing work.

“Who says it doesn’t,” Jongdae snaps as he sets down Jongin’s drink on the table. “I need to get a good grade on this.”

Soojung chuckles while Jongin pouts cutely with his chin on her shoulder. “Don’t worry Oppa, it won’t be anything less than perfect.”

“Better not,” Jongdae growls cutely as he slaps Jongin on the shoulder. “Yah, calm down on the PDA will you?”

“Why don’t you try when you get a girlfriend this hot,” Jongin teases and Jongdae slaps him in the shoulder once more before darting off, leaving Soojung speechless and embarrassed.

 

They work on the commercial for another fifteen minutes before Jongin starts to get bored. He begins playing with her hair then proceeds to massage her neck until he results in tickling her to get her attention.

“Kim Jongin!” She hisses with a snicker, pulling away from him. “Keep your hands to yourself.”

“Let’s go do something,” he pleads cutely. “It is Friday after all.”

“What do you want to do? It’s so cold out,” she frowns after a glance outside.

“I don’t know,” he shrugs. “Let’s just go out.”

 

Five minutes later and they’re bidding goodnight to a bitter Jongdae who reminds them once again to not up on the commercial.

“Give me your bag,” Jongin says and takes her backpack away from her before she could even answer. He tosses it onto his back then takes her hand into his bigger ones.

“What did you usually do on Fridays before me?” Soojung asks while wrapping her arms around his waist to stay warmer.

Jongin smirks with one arm thrown over her shoulder. “Do you really want me to answer that?”

She shrugs with her gaze solely on him. “Why? Come on, tell me.”

He snickers and pulls her closer. “Well, I obviously did lots of partying. Hangovers every weekend, it was horrible. I’d never remember anything and I would have someone else retell my weekend to me.”

“Why’d you stop?” She continues, shivering slightly from the cold.

“Well,” Jongin begins. “I found someone to occupy me on the weekends, making me want to remember them forever and I couldn’t wait for Fridays to come along so I could meet her at the café, making convos over our caramel macchiatos. Those were the best weekends ever.”

Soojung smiles as her heart races. Her faces burns from blushing but it’s too cold for him to notice anyway.

 

They decide to stop at her dorm to drop off her bag before deciding on what to do next. Jongin tells her he’ll just wait outside since she won’t take long so Soojung darts in as quickly as possible. As the heavy glass door closes behind her, Jongin glances up to coincidentally catch the first puffs of snowflakes. A smile grows on his lips and he closes his eyes to catch the first droplets landing on his cheek.

“What are you doing?” Soojung asks as she skips out of the dorm hall.

His lids open and he quickly grabs her hand. “It’s snowing, the first snowfall.”

She glances up to the sky and her smile matches his. “It’s so pretty!”

 

It’s as if someone had pulled the scene right out of a romance film. Under the lamp posts, they jumped around like little kids, circling the dried out water fountain as they tried to catch the snowflakes in their hands.

“You know what they say about the first snowfall right?” Jongin asks as he stops to watch the snow fall.

Soojung stops as well, knowing very well of how meaningful the moment is supposed to be. “Do you believe in that?”

She skips over to him and he immediately wraps her up with his warmth. “I would like to hope that it’s true.” She tilts her head back to get a better look at him and he looks down to meet her gaze. “I pray for it to be true,” he says softly, arms wrapping her tightly against him.

She can only smile in return and knowing her shy personality, it’s enough for him. Just having her is more than enough for him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter