o n e

Because To Me, It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They meet again on a Friday evening.

 

Sitting in the corner of her favorite campus café, Soojung’s casually sipping from her mug of a nice and warm caramel macchiato while sinking into a Sarah Dessen love story. Beside her, the sun is setting with a pastel sky palate, complementing the rich gold and copper leaves of autumn.

 

It’s a Friday evening so the café is fairly empty since everyone else is getting their party hats on. The barista—a senior who goes by Minseok—takes the seat across from her and sets down his coffee pot.

 

“Staying in again?” He teases though already knowing Soojung’s unique character.

“What would you do if your girlfriend commits suicide after making love only for you to find out by law officials that she was pregnant?” Soojung asks instead of answering his question.

“Not the answer I was quite expecting,” Minseok chuckles and Soojung sets her book down to take another sip from her mug. “How were your exams?”

She shrugs with pursed lips and mug in her cupped hands. “They went pretty well. What about yours?”

He gives her a one sided shrug. “Swell. Now I just have one and a half semesters left and I am done!”   

Soojung sets her mug down before propping her chin in her palm. “That’s going to be a bummer. You’re the only person who knows how to make my drinks just the way I like them.”

Minseok chuckles as he sits up. “Jongdae will be here, you’ll be fine. Anyways,” he sighs and rises from his seat. “Why don’t you go out for a change, it’s really nice out today.”

Soojung shrugs and turns to catch the setting sun. “Nah, I like watching the sunset from here. It’s why I chose this seat.”

He smiles and ruffles her hair. “Alrighty, well there’s a batch of fresh cookies coming out, you want one?”

“Won’t you get in trouble?” She asks innocently and he shakes his head.

“It’ll be on me, besides you always keep me company on Friday evenings,” he says and she nods before he returns back behind the counter.

 

Minutes passed and Minseok returns to the counter when he hears the bell to the entrance ding. He’s surprised to see his customer but his customer hasn’t even noticed him yet. Instead, his gaze is set upon the dark haired beauty who has her nose stuck in a book.

 

“Jongin? What the heck are you doing here?” Minseok asks with a welcoming smile and his new customer finally notices him.

“Wassup Hyung,” he says, still reluctant to turn away from the beauty. “I’ll have what she’s having.”

He points to Soojung and Minseok raises a brow. “Are you sick? And how many times have I told you that coffee doesn’t actually help with hangovers.”

Jongin shushes him with a wave. “I’m sober, just get me what she’s having, okay?”

 

A light tapping on the table alerts Soojung but she doesn’t glance up from her book.

“You can just leave it there, Oppa,” she says but she gets no response. Furrowing her brows, she turns away from her book to find Kim Jongin gazing down on her, motioning to the empty seat across from her.

“May I?” He asks gently.

Her head screams no her lips decline the idea. “Sure.”

Jongin grins and slides into the seat. “Thanks!” He slips off his leather jacket and sets it down next to him before turning to Soojung.

 

The silence is enough to swallow them whole but Soojung is lost in the way her heart is reacting while reminding herself to breathe. There’s something about him that is making her body betray everything she’s ever known and believed in.

“I’m Kim Jongin, by the way,” he says and extends a hand out.

Her eyes travels from his hands to his face before she meets him halfway. “I’m Jung Soojung.”

“We’ve met before,” he says and she gives him a slight tilt of her head. “Well, not like an official meeting but I remember you.”

“Library guy,” she recalls casually with a small smile. “I recognize you.”

Jongin chuckles with a hand rubbing the back of his neck. That’s a definite first, Library guy.

 

Minseok comes by with Jongin’s drink as well as Soojung’s free cookie and shoots her a wink before turning away on Soojung’s cute pout. Jongin, on the other hand is too fascinated by Soojung to even notice the little tease.

 

He likes the way the sun’s light is glistening on her skin, the way her hair falls effortlessly over her shoulders and how her eyes hold such innocence but with a hint of mystery behind them.

 

“So, do you come here a lot?” Jongin asks, he’s never really done some real talking before.

She gives him a small shrug. “Um, enough for them to memorize my order,” she says and he chuckles. “You?”

“First time,” he raises his mug. “I have a Hyung who works here and he insists I come try the cookies,” Jongin smiles and Soojung finds herself smiling along. “But as you can tell, I kind of forgot about the cookie.”

She chuckles and Jongin’s grin grows.

“You can try mine,” Soojung offers nicely, sliding the plate closer to him. “They are really good.”

She breaks the large chocolate chip cookie in half and hands one side to him. He hesitates for a moment and she holds her breath as she reaches out to take the other side. Their fingers brush slightly  but it’s enough to send electricity jolting through their bodies.

“Thanks,” he says and all she can do is nod.

 

He’s electrifying and so beautiful and the attraction is so strong that she hates herself. She’s been in relationships and even fell in love once but she’s never felt so strongly about someone so soon. He’s different.

 

As the time passes, she completely loses her guard. Shy chuckles turn into full on laughing behind her hand and squinty eye smiles. Their eyes never lose sight of the other’s and the space between them has definitely grown smaller.

 

Minseok on the other hand,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter