e p i l o g u e

Because To Me, It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mom,

 

I'm getting married today to the love of my life. As I thought of you today and wished for you to be here, I saw a rainbow. You are here. It's going to be a long time before we meet again but when we do, I can't wait to tell you everything about this beautiful human I feel in love with. He is everything I can't be and I am everything he isn't. Now I understand why Dad refuses to get remarried because when I see the way Jongin looks at me, it's a lot like the way Dad use to look at you when you were still here. Even now when he thinks of you, his eyes soften and a beautiful smile comes to his face. Each time you love is different but there will always be that one person who will always have your heart and even if they are no longer there, you will always continue to unconditionally love them, flaws and all.

 

Mom, this boy broke my heart in every humanly way possible. I cried and became that girl. I became the girl who couldn't move on, the girl who didn't want to accept the current reality and the girl who just couldn't let go and as I thought to myself at how unfortunate I was, I didn't realize he was lost in a world I had left behind. Although he had left me first, he was left to pick up these pieces he couldn't comprehend to only fall in love in love again with a girl who was no longer there. Still, he loved me and I loved him.

 

I'd do it a hundred times over, knowing it will always be him at the end. And I know he will do the same for me in a heartbeat.

 

He makes me feel beautiful and he always tells me I'm beautiful as he looks me in the eye. I can't describe the way he makes me feel. And as badly as he broke my heart, he loves me twice as much. I can't imagine a world without him.

 

Mom was it you, did you bring him to me? Knowing that you sent him a few rainbows, I know you did. Thank you. Today, I'm getting married. Please continue to watch and guide us. Thank you, Mom, for giving me strength during those hard times. Thank you for sending me those obnoxious boys I now call brothers and all those beautiful sisters you couldn't give me. Thank you for not leaving me alone in this big world.

 

Today as I close a chapter and start a new one, I think of you and carry you along with me to my new chapter. Thank you, Mom. I love you and I will see you again.


 

Love,

Jung Soojung



 

Soojung opens her eyes slowly and she's swaying gently with Jongin during their first dance with all eyes on them. His forehead is against hers and he's smiling warmly.

"What's going on in that pretty head of yours, Love," he says and she smiles back at him.

"I thought of my mom," Soojung replies with his hand on her waist pulling her closer to him. "I thanked her, for bring you to me all those times."

Jongin's smile grows wider. "Funny you say that," he leans in closer. "I thanked her for bringing you to me despite always breaking your heart."

Soojung gives him a little smirk. "Who would have thought I would come to marry that untamable playboy."

Jongin snickers lightly. "I was anything but an untamable playboy, more of a loser pretending he was one of the cool kids."

"That, I agree on," Soojung giggles against his neck when he tickles her for her unexpected response.

 

Sometime later, Sehun steals Soojung away for a dance. She fixes his hair back into place and Sehun smiles warmly at her.

"Was it all worth it, the tears and all?" He asks and Soojung eventually nods. "Are you happy now?"

A smile spreads on her lips and he grins with a hand patting her head gently. "Then I'm glad."

Sehun always speaks right to the point so this makes Soojung grin wider than anything. He doesn't say much but he was with her every step of the way, protecting her and giving her strength to overcome it all.

"For everything that you've done for us, I'll call you Oppa," Soojung says and Sehun laughs out loud as he twirls her. "But just for tonight."

 

A year goes by within a blink of eye and the couple is no longer living in their old apartment as they have upgraded to a condo in a quiet neighborhood of Gangnam. It's another one of their lazy Sundays and Jongin was just barely waking up when Soojung slips back into the bed, wrapping her arms around his bare torso with Leo waking up at the foot of their bed.

"Where'd you go?" Jongin groans, unable to open his eyes still but able to wrap her up in his arms. "I was beginning to miss you."

Leo decides to join in on the cuddling, Jongin's face until he wakes up.

"Leo," he grunts and wraps one arm around Leo. "Daddy just wants alone time with Mommy, must you always try to barge in."

Soojung laughs with her cheek pressed against his chest and a hand scratching Leo behind the ear.

"What are you going to do Leo," Soojung sighs. "What are you going to do when your little brother or sister arrives, you'll have to share Mommy and Daddy."

Jongin yawns before Soojung's odd choice of words hit him. "When? Arrives?"

    

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter