Chapter X

Dancing has Love

(Kara's POV)

*ring ring ring*

"Hmmm...." I mumbled through my sleep. I was awakened by the ringing of my phone. Lazily, I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said as I yawned.

"Are you still sleeping? Come on it's 9 am and I need someone to help me in my dress." the other line spoke.

"Airi?! Aish...fine fine...I'm up." I replied to her. My legs were now on the floor but my body was slowly rising from the bed.

"Good, well.....I'll meet you up in the mall near yours alright?" she said.

"Sure sure, what time?" I asked her still half asleep.

"9:30, which means, you've got exactly 30 minutes to get yourself here." she answered.

"Okay, I'll be there. Bye." Then I hung up.

Lazily, I went to the bathroom and took a quick warm shower. After then I changed to my clothes.

nana from after school Pictures, Images and Photos

I went outside my room to find Minki watching stuff in the tv.

"Hey where are you going?" he asked as he faced me.

"Just with Airi, she needs help on what to wear that's all." I answered him.

"Oh well, have fun....have some breakfast first." he said.

"Sure, I'll just get a bread and I'll leave okay?" I said.

"Okay."

I got my bread and went outside going to the mall. It wasn't that far thank goodness. I was looking for Airi and there I saw her looking as awesome as ever.

"You know, you're pretty good with fashion, I don't see why you really need me here." I said as I walked up to her.

"Not with that attitude again, come on, let's just think that this is like a bonding between us alright?" she said to me as we went inside the mall.

"Okay, but trust me, I'm so not like you when it comes to this." I whined at her.

"Really? well, now that I see you..." she looked at me from head to toe. "...it's impossible you're not good in fashion, I mean look at you, you look awesome." she complimented me.

"Sure sure, thanks for that." I said. 

"So...let's go.....it's shopping time!" she said as she grabbed my arms and pulled me to every store we can find. 

It was really tiring, she keeps on nagging me and nagging me of what's best this or this or that. But nevertheless, we found a good dress for her tomorrow. We took our break and went to a restaurant. We ate there and talked about our shopping/ bonding time. She really is a talker. Well at least she is, that way I won't be in an awkward situation.

"So, how about we buy you a dress?" she suddenly told me.

"What?" I was drinking my iced tea when she said that. Good thing I already drank the juice  or else I would've spilled it.

"What? Come on, for me." she said as she looked at me (yet again) with that puppy-eyed pout. "Please~~" she cooed to me.

"Why do you have to do that to me?" i said to her.

"Which one? my puppy eyed pout or me buying you a dress." she asked me.

"I can just talk to you about the puppy eyed pout another day.....well...the dress....why?" I asked her.

"Well, you see.....I really want you to wear a dress, I just want to see how you look on it." she explained to me.

"That's kind of a lame excuse....." I told her.

"Oh, whatever but still.....at least wear a dress.....you might see SNSD and Super Junior there." she continued.

"I'll think about it, but sure, let's buy, I might as well." i said giving up.

"Yey! Let's go." With that we paid out bill and went to a store.

"Alright, you sit here while I go around and pick for you." she said, but as I was going to say something she disappeared living me in a daze.

"She really does want me badly in a dress." I murmured.

Minutes passed and there I saw her, a handful of dresses on her arms.

"Here, try all of this, come on." she said as she shoved every dress to my arms and dragging me from behind going to the changing room. 

I closed the door and looked at which dress I should try on first.

"Oh and don't forget to show me every dress you wear when you come out." Airi said.

I just rolled my eyes and tried on the dresses. Every dress I wore I had to show it to her and all the comments were:

"Too revealing....."

"Too short...."

"Too long........"

"Can you even breath there?"

"Too big......"

"Too dark......"

Seriously I was getting tired with all this trying on of dresses. It was finally down with the last dress. I tried it on.

"Hey Airi....you know, this is the last dress I'm going to wear." I called out to her.

"Oh okay, wow....if that dress doesn't work, We are so going through every store in the mall." she called back.

I imagined the major exhaustion of that. I really didn't want that to happen. I wore the last dress and sure enough I was hoping it was the one. I went outside and looked at Airi who was looking through magazines.

"Well?" I signaled her to say I was done.

She looked up.

"OMO!!!!!.........THAT'S IT....THIS IS IT.....THIS IS REALLY THE ONE!...

 

".....we'll take it...."Airi said as she looked at the saleslady.

"Of course, this way please." the saleslady said and led Airi to the counter.

I really was lost after that. So I just went inside again in the room and changed my clothes. After I walked out of the room I went to Airi as she was paying. 

"You know, it's okay if you don't pay, I have money here...see?" I said as I reached out for my wallet.

"No no....I really want to treat you now." she said.

"But --" I was cut off.

"No buts missy, I pay and you stay quiet." she ordered me.

"Alright." I felt defeated but then thankful I had a friend like her.

It was getting late so we had to head to my apartment. We arrived there seeing Minki dancing to some random song."

"Looks like someone's busy doing their own thing." I said.

Apparently, Minki heard me and looked at me.."

"Oh, you're back." he said as he turned the music off.

"Yup, and just like you, we're exhausted." I said as I slumped myself on the couch.

"Well she was, but I just think it's just a regular thing for me." Airi said as she settled her things on the table.

"Well, do you guys want dinner?" he asked us."

"Sure....I need to energize myself." I said.

"Alright then, dinner's coming up." Minki said as he went to the kitchen.

"Well, I guess I'll go settle the dress in my closet." I said as I walked up."

"You bought a dress?" Minki suddenly popped his head by the wall that was separating the kitchen and the living room.

"As a matter of fact yes, she did and she's going to wear it for tomorrow." Airi said looking at me.

"But I'm still deciding if I should." I told her and Minki.

"But you will, even if I have to force you into wearing it." she assured me.

She was starting to scare me. I put my dress in the closet and I headed outside. We were eating dinner and it was time to sleep. Airi bid her farewells and both Minki and me went to bed. I was going to my bed when I remembered the dress. Again, I opened the closet and looked at the dress. It was beautiful for real but I was still not adjusting in wearing dresses in public.

"I'm so not wearing you tomorrow." with that I closed the closet and went to  bed.