LuHan

As One

How did this happen? Where did you guys come from? Seriously?

 


 

 

 

Luhan was born and grew up in China. He comes from a poor family in Beijing. His father becomes alcoholic after losing his job so his mother left them with another man. After he finished high school he work on minimum wage as clerk of a warehouse. His father would often beat him and took away his salary. It was at that time that a lot of his countrymen leave the country to find better opportunities abroad. With a little savings and a spark of hope he decided to leave the country. What’s the reason to stay anyway?

He knew it’ll be difficult going on a foreign country but it’ll be worth a shot anyway. Even if he don’t know how to speak the language, even if he don’t know what awaits him he’s still firm on his decision to leave.

Being an illegal immigrant was hard. Hiding by day and doing odd jobs by night. He has been doing this for 3 years now and sometimes he just wanted to give up because he’s too tired to run and hide over and over again. But you can’t just simply throw away it away just like that.

Luhan was cleaning motel rooms when Yixing called him. Yixing was the first friend he made when he entered South Korea. He’s also Chinese and helped Luhan in settling in. They met on their work as chamber maid for cheap motels around the area.

“Luhan, they searched the house today. I’ll be better if you stay away for a meantime. The government seem stricter this time. They caught three in our vicinity earlier today.” It wasn’t the first time he heard about the news of unlicensed individual being arrested, deported and banned forever. It was going on for months since the change in presidency, the government was keener to catch them. Luhan can feel it’s just a matter of time before they found him.

“I understand. Thanks for the warning”

“Stay safe okay. And don’t over work yourself, at least eat on time. Call me when you need anything.”

“Okay. You too” he hung up. Luhan closed his eyes. What will happened to him? Yixing won’t be able to help him. They’ve just received their permanent visa last month and Luhan knows it took all the pennies they have for legal purposes. Also they’ve done so much for him already he can’t always depend on them all the time.

That night Yifan called him. Yifan was Yixing partner for years. They met after Yifan sustained injuries from his work as a drug dealer. Yixing found him unconscious with deep cut along his abdomen and nursed him back to health. After that Yifan vow never to returned with his illegal job. Like Luhan and Yixing, Yifan takes little job from delivering newspaper in the morning and driving large cargos for hardware’s occasionally. Yifan wasn’t particularly closed with Luhan, but he do care for him because he was Yixing’s only friend. Yifan directed him to the sole place he never knew he would set foot in his life.

 

xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo

 

 

 “Zhoumi gege” Luhan said nervously. After a day of thinking, he followed Yifan’s words.

“I see you’re here.” Zhoumi said with obvious mirth. He is a Chinese immigrant that owns a bar/club downtown. His club caters mostly to wealthy people. From politicians to businessman to celebrities his club seen it all. Even the police don’t cross the line when it comes to him and his club. He has a variety of workers that his patrons can choose from. Most smuggled individual comes to him for easy money as he is the only hope they have.

“What can I do for you little deer?” he continue browsing his folder.

“Yifan had advised me to come to you” Luhan spoke carefully.

“Of course it has to be Yifan” Zhoumi said smile suddenly disappeared from his face. Zhoumi’s younger half-brother is Henry. Henry and Yifan went to South Korea together illegally. Zhoumi also has a thing for Yifan that’s why he financed their entrance to the country but Yifan does not reciprocate his feelings.  

“Let’s stop playing the innocent game here shall we? Are you working full time or part time only?” Zhoumi change the topic immediately. There’s only one reason why people like Luhan come to him.

“I… the thing is…” Luhan begin.

“Oh I know!” Zhoumi said like there’s an invincible light bulb above his head.

“Huh?” Zhoumi then opened his drawer and pulled out a clipboard.

“Someone called us yesterday and he was looking for a guy who look closely like a girl. He said something about a party before the wedding, he talk so fast I really didn’t get half of what he’s trying to say, seem like he’s on crack or something. I can give this to you as you seem to fit the description perfectly. He offered quite sum of money for this but I can raise it more since it’s a last minute request.” Zhoumi exclaimed happily.

“The pay you’ll receive can cover your application papers. This is a good opportunity I’m telling you. You know it’s not everyday client are willing to pay the price you wanted.” Zhoumi encouraged him as Luhan looked very uncertain.

Luhan just nodded his head staring at the floor.

“Great! I’ll call you for the details once I settled the deal”

 

 

xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo

 

 

The promise of money.

‘It’s just one night. One night only. I don’t have to do this again just this time for my papers. After this no more running or hiding’. Luhan repeated these words in his head over and over again.

“You can eat if you want to. There’s food over there.” Baekhyun the one that fetch him from the reception area told him.

“I’m jealous of Sehun. You’re such a pretty little thing. I want to adopt you, then you can use my surname there’s too many Parks in this country already. Mine is unique.”

“Haven’t we talked about the surname thing already?” Chanyeol stopped drinking from his bottle to look at Baekhyun.

 “Still. I love my unique surname. Can I apply some eyeliner in his eyes?” Baekhyun quickly tried to change the subject.

“Baekhyun he’s not a Barbie doll.”

“But he looked like a doll.” He proceed to open his leather man purse and pulled out his collection of pencils. “This won’t take long.” He said eying his colored pencils.

“Why ask when you’ll do it anyway”

“Because you’re older. And you’ll be the man of the house soon if I won’t change my mind that is.”

“Just be quick!” Cahnyeol surrender, when it comes to Baekhyun he was not allowed to win.

“There! Perfect! This is dark blue it open your eyes more.” Baekhyun explained like the expert he is.

“Are you nervous?” Luhan can only nod.

“Don’t worry he’s good looking so you don’t have to closed your eyes.” Baekhyun whispered and winked at him before he stood up.

“Baek, do really need to say that?” Chanyeol hissed at Baekhyun’s comment.

“What? It’s true. So I expect you to treat him right okay.” Luhan just gaped at Baekhyun.

“Good. We’ll be back in a couple of hours, enjoy yourself while we’re away.” Baekhyun said pulling Chanyeol with him.

“Don’t go anywhere, we’ll be back. No one should see you. Got it?” Chanyeol managed to say just before the door closed completely.

 

 

xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo

 

 

True enough, there’s plenty of food stored in the cabinet. Mostly just chips, breads and cold macaroni salad. The refrigerators have some alcoholic beverages and juices. Luhan decide to eat since free food does not fall from the sky. He even thought of keeping some in his bag Baekhyun said he can have anything right? He don’t have much of an appetite as he felt like he’s on a death row. He open a can of beer hoping it’ll settle the butterflies in his stomach. He was in the bathroom when he heard voices outside so he pressed his ears to listen. Chanyeol warned him not to show himself to anyone so he can’t just come out. Baekhyun then knock lightly on the door and say something like an encouragement. When he heard the door closed he take a deep breath and enter the unknown.

 

 

 

 

When Luhan wake up the sun was already high. He immediately gather his discarded garments and arrange his self. After making sure he got all his things together he looked at the sleeping figure on the bed. It’s only this time that he can take a good look at the man he shared the night with. Last night was blurred because he’s too nervous added by the fact that the only source of light was faint gleam emitted by the moon.  Baekhyun wasn’t lying he was indeed handsome. He’s probably younger than him. Unconsciously he reached out to touch the man’s inviting lips. The man shifted and Luhan panicked he hastily jumped out of the bed and exit the room.

“Oh hey! Good morning!” It was Baekhyun wearing pajamas clutching a bag of bread. 

“Good morning” Luhan replied.

“I was waiting for you. Here take this.” Baekhyun gave him a white envelope and it doesn’t take a genius to know what’s inside.

“I’m already paid” Luhan said looking at the well fed envelope.

“It’s a bonus. Take it it’s for you.”

“Thank you” Luhan bowed to Baekhyun. Baekhyun handed him his bagel.

“You’re welcome.” Baekhyun beamed at him and escorted him outside. He even hailed a cab for Luhan. Luhan don’t want to take taxi going home as it’s a little costly but he can’t say no to Baekhyun, not after giving him a ‘bonus’.

When Luhan was finally inside the motel he’s renting for the day he opened the white envelope. There lies a wad of cash. Never in his life has he hold such amount of money. He felt so lucky the people he met were good individuals.

Little does he know that I’ll take more than the amount of money to cover what was about to come.

 

 

xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo

 

 

The first time he learned about his pregnancy he was so confused. How can somebody expect him to feed another mouth when he himself can barely get by?

 

Its no secret that Yixing wanted to have a child of his own. But he isn’t as lucky (?) as Luhan. His male womb isn’t as developed as Luhan. When Luhan confessed to him Yixing cried. He thought it’s a blessing from up above something he can’t have no matter how much he wanted to. He convinced Luhan not to abort it. Male pregnancy is still considered rare. Usually a male carrier can only have three child as the most. It was already seldom to have a two child for male carrier.

Yixing promised to help out Luhan throughout his pregnancy. Thankfully all his papers were approved and finalized, and the fear of being deported was now erased. Yixing convinced Yifan to move in a two bedroom apartment to have Luhan with them. At first Yifan was furious because the only way to pay for rent on a larger apartment is to work nonstop. And Yifan was sure Yixing would work his off 24/7. Yifan was so angry that all Yixing can think about was Luhan. Yixing then explained his side, that Luhan needs them most now that he’s pregnant. Upon the mention of pregnancy Yifan shut up. It’s a sensitive topic for Yixing and he knows that. Yifan doesn’t really wanted a child but it was Yixing’s ultimate wish to have a child in his arms. And Yixing happiness is also his.

It takes a lot of effort, sacrifices and understanding. Male pregnancy are often sensitive. Luhan has to stop his job during the 5th month. Yixing takes another job to cover for Luhan. Yifan albeit Yixings assurance was not happy about how things turn out. Yixing has been saving his salary for Luhan’s daily need, checkups and medicine he’s also open a personal saving account in preparation for the child’s delivery. Whether he liked it or not he has to share some of his hard earned cash to Yixing’s savings. Not only that, he was not allowed to smoke inside their apartment and if he smoke he needs to stay an hour outdoor to shake all the bad elements from smoking. But he endure all of this mainly because of Yixing partly because he felt guilty because he’s the one that pushed Luhan to where he is now.

Yixing had asked Luhan about the baby’s father but Luhan just cried every time. He thought maybe the hormones were affecting his emotion also he don’t want to bother Luhan so much about a memory his friend might not ready to share. He believe that Luhan will come by and open up to him at the right time.

Luhan knows that the man he had slept with is a wealthy man. Judging from the luxurious villa they rented to the dress shirts they were wearing. 

“It’s him…” Luhan said one afternoon when the two of them are just alone.

“What’s that Lu?” Yixing asked putting down the basin of hot water and towel on the sink.

“Him. Yixing.” Luhan said eyes glistering on the excess newspaper that Yifan brought from work that morning. He was running a hand in his stomach.

“This one?” Yixing read the article. It was a congratulatory ad from the broad newspaper on the Lifestyle section. ‘Friends and family welcome the newly wed from their European honeymoon’ ‘Mr. Mrs. Oh’. Rich jerk Yixing muttered under his breath.

“But how? Luhan, he’s married. He was out of the country for what… “Yixing scanned the paper again and said “six months… And your six months…” Yixing cover his mouth with his hand as he finally understand.

“This is bad” Yixing has no words in this.

“It doesn’t have to be.” Luhan said biting his lip.

“I decided the day I’ll keep my little Haowen that I’ll never bother them. Yixing, I knew about the wedding. I saw it from the same newspaper. I don’t want to go to him. He does not know, he does not need to know. What will he do to my baby if he found out? I’m just a commoner and he’s a person drowning in money. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier. I was scared.” Luhan put his hands on his face, he’s sobbing and shaking. Yixing was also scared, lately Luhan had been an emotional wrecked.

“Don’t worry we’ll make sure our little cherry grew up just like his baba.” Yixing said giving his friend a comforting hug.

“T-than-ks Yi-xing” Luhan said in between sob. Yixing shake his head.

“No. really. What will I do without you?” Luhan said sincerely to his one true friend.

“Save the tears for the baby okay? It won’t be long now. We can make it through. You have to be stronger for Haowen.” ‘at least for the baby’ Yixing wanted to add. The same day Yixing then learned how everything happened as Luhan tell the tale. Fom Yifan’s phone call all the way to making it home with enormous amount of cash. Yixing do not blame Yifan completely, but he shared to him about Luhan’s circumstances hoping that he’ll be kinder and sympathize with Luhan.

 

 

xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo

 

 

Luhan felt guilty because he can’t do anything to help them with the finances. They practically pay for everything. Luhan know Yifan wasn’t thrilled about it but what can he do?

After Haowen turned two Luhan decided to live separately with a promised to Yixing that he can still looked after Haowen. He wanted to give the couple a privacy Yifan had been longing since day one. Living with Yifan wasn’t also his ideal environment in raising a child. Yifan still hold some tie to his former drug cartel. There are even few instances where they drink inside the house without Yixing knowledge of course.

 

Luhan tried to have a serious relationship. He did.

He’s still young and beautiful besides he figured out that Haowen might need a father figure in the future. But he failed to find a perfect partner.

His first try was when Haowen was 2 year old. It didn’t worked out as the man likes Luhan and Luhan alone. So Luhan ended their relationship. To Luhan there’s no competition when it comes to his son. The second when Haowen was four the man accepted Haowen and would like to take the responsibility of raising Haowen as his own but Haowen doesn’t like him. Luhan accepted his fate of raising Haowen all on his own. Maybe all his baby need was him.

 

When Haowen started attending formal schooling Luhan wonders if his real father was just like him.

Sometimes Haowen would come home with bruised on his checks or arms and Luhan wonders what trait of Haowne’s were his. Luhan stays away from trouble but his son seemed to find it all the time. He enjoy to playing sports while Haowen choses to color his book or draw pictures in his notebook. He easily make friends but Haowen seem rather aloof and distant from others. He hates studying but Haowen was naturally good with numbers and language. He pity his son because he could not afford a good education he deserved. When Haowen was chosen to represent the class in poetry and math Luhan has no choice but to refuse because the completion will be held in Busan. The delegates shall shoulder the expenses including transportation, food and costume. He thank the good heavens because his son understand their situation and made no big deal about it when Luhan talked to him about not joining. But still Luhan felt useless… if only… if only…

 

 

xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo

 

 

Yixing comes home with Haowen one day. When he checked their small refrigerator he found out that their running out of supply. He left Haowen in the house knowing that Yifan might come home anytime and he forgot to bring his keys again.

Yifan was a little drunk when he comes home. He sit across Haowen in their little dining table. Haowen distanced himself from the foul smelling man. Yifan looked offended by the five years olds gesture, he’s already having a bad day and this kid is annoying the hell out of him.

“Your baba is a big fool” Yifan sounding bored and unamused. He grab a newspaper he left that morning and starts scanning it.

Even if Haowen wanted to defend his baba he can’t get to open his mouth partly because he’s scared of Yifan. Yifan isn’t fond of kids in general and Haowen learned that first hand when Yifan scolded him when he played with the newspaper he needs to deliver.

“A huge idiot” Yifan then grab the newspaper from the table.

“What do we have here huh?” Yifan said sounding amused this time. He’d seen the paper that morning, he’s actually intending Yixing to see it as well.

“Oh won’t you look at this. I bet this man is earning millions while we speak and yet look at his bastard right here, can’t even afford a decent clothes for himself. Oh the irony.” Yifan’s laugh has no humor in it.

“If I was Luhan I’ll go to this son-of-gun, a million worth of gun that is. And I’ll compute every single penny spent raising you including the interest. After that I’ll leave like a king. I’ll even buy those pesky rats on the side walk who keeps mocking me.”  Yifan stated with sheer disdain

Haowen couldn’t understand his Yifan gege but he hold his toque.

“You don’t get it do you?” Haowen slightly shake his head

“This jerk right here --- is your father” Yifan pointed his finger directly at the picture. He then throw the newspaper in Haowen’s direction. Haowen picked it up and stared at the picture. Even when Luhan arrived to fetch him he stay rooted in the place clutching the newspaper. That night he demanded Luhan for answers. He cried when Luhan says nothing about the topic. Luhan was tired, he was standing all day and now he’s having a head ache. Haowen was no help with his hard head. So Luhan grab the newspaper and throw it outside. Haowen was still crying but he immediately ran after the paper.

Yifan confessed to Yixing saying he’s sorry and he didn’t mean it since his tipsy and he’s talking to a child so he didn’t thought that Haowen would take his words seriously. Yifan got a cold shoulder from Yixing for about a month.

 

 

xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo

 

 

Months after, everything thing seems back to normal. Haowen stop pestering Luhan with questions so he thought the boy already forgot. It was a typical day, Haowen was scribbling with his notebook when Yifan arrived.

“Where’s Yixing?” Yifan asked the boy.

“He said he’s just going to help the grandma next door to clean her window.  He said when he comes back he’ll cook you something.” Haowen then grab something from his school back pack.

“” Yifan whispered he didn’t want Yixing to scold him again about his language whenever the brat is around.

“What are you hiding?” Yifan said noticing Haowen.

Haowen then showed Yifan what’s on his little hands. A packed cigarette. His favorite brand of cigarette. Yifan like to smoke but cigarettes is a little expensive and he haven’t got one for almost a week.

“Thanks Kiddo. I don’t know you were thoughtful.” But before Yifan’s hand reached the packed of his beloved cigarette Haowen pulled it behind his back and stepped away from Yifan.

“Where did you get that? Mind if you share some with me?” Yifan said trying to hide his irritation. He don’t want to startle Haowen not when the kid has a tight grip on his weakness.

Haowen save all his money to buy a pack of cigarette. He asked one of his classmates that owns a small grocery store downtown. Haowen make a deal that if he managed to buy one then he’ll do all his assignments till the end of the school year. It wasn’t easy to gather the money, Luhan work on a grocery himself so he seldom gave Haowen money only food that was sold on discounts after 9.

“Bring me to papa first” Haowen told Yifan with no emotion.

“Haha! If I haven’t seen Luhan gave birth to you with my own two eyes I won’t believe you’re his son.”

“I’ll give it to you if you take me to papa” Haowen repeated his condition.

“Look kid, I know your intelligent one but its worthless to chase something out of your reached.” Yifan then put his hand in Haowen’s direction gesturing the child to hand him the cigarret. Haowen made no movement so Yifan put down his hand. Yifan rub the side of his face with his hands before he speak again.

“I don’t know where he is and even if we know we couldn’t just go there and say ‘oh hello this smart wants to see you because apparently he’s your son?’. You can’t do that. I bet you father has tons of body guard that are way taller and bulkier than me. They’ll beat me up before we can reach your father.” Yifan tried to explain.

“I just want to see him… I promise I’ll be a good boy. I’ll stay quite. I’ll behave, if you say run I’ll run as fast as I can. If you say hide I’ll hide. You know I’m good in hiding.” Haowen frowned what if his uncle Fan is right? Then there’s no way he can ever meet his real father.

“I probably shouldn’t say this but… he’s already married. You’re smart you get that right? He doesn’t even know your Baba at all, just like your Baba knowing nothing about him. Forget the school’s teaching about happy ever after. You should know this better, children aren’t born just out of love. Because if they were, then there’s no me and you having this conversation right now.”

Haowen blinked at him. Yifan raised one of his eyebrow as if asking ‘I make sense right?’ He then pulled out his hand asking for his precious cigarette. But instead of giving Yifan the cigarette Haowen take another step back and another.

“Cigarette smoking is bad for your health. You’re just going to kill yourself” Haowen said, reciting perfectly Yixing’s reminder to Yifan every time. He turn around and ran outside the door. Probably seeking refuge in Yixing’s side.

“This brat! Come back here!” Yifan can’t believe what the brat did to him.

“YAH!!!!”

 

 

xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo

 

 

Looking back Luhan do not regret having Haowen. Haowen is the closest thing to heaven he could have.

When Luhan arrived to Yixing’s home Haowen was sulking. It was rare for the child to do so. Usually he’s expressionless even if he’s provoked.

“Hey baby, what’s wrong?” Luhan asked and give his baby boy a peck on the cheek. Haowen say nothing.

“Lu, I need to talk to you” Yixing said from behind.

“He found him…”

“What?”

“Haowen saw his real father today. I was shocked when I saw him in flesh for the first time. Haowen called him papa but thankfully he does not know. I think he’s safe but Haowen was wailing throughout the entire walk.”

“Sorry Lu, it’s our fault if I haven’t told Yifan th-”

“It’s okay Xing. I don’t think he’ll look for us anytime now. Like you said he know nothing and no adult would believe a child’s words.” Luhan said but at the back of his mind he can’t help think about the possibilities.

 

xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxo

 

 

Just when he thought everything would go back to normal how wrong he was.

“Haowen are you already there?” Luhan received sms from Yixing urging him to go home.

 “Sorry, I thought I can fetch you today I was about to when Yixing sent a message” Luhan closed the door and placed his keys on his bag.

“Baba! Papa’s here!” Haowen said after running to give him a welcome kissed.

“Haowen how many times do I have to tell you? You don’t have a papa” Luhan lost count of how many times he scolded Haowen about this issue.

A stranger comes out of the door. Luhan felt like the world suddenly stopped from revolving. He knew that face. He look more mature now but really nothing much change.

“Can we talk?” Sehun told him. Luhan open his mouth to say NO. But he can’t move a muscle from shocked, internally he was debating whether to call Yixing or asked for help from their neighbor. His sight fall to Haowen who was ogling them curiously.

“Haowen go to the bedroom and closed the door.” Luhan told Haowen. Haowen frowned at him but obeyed Luhan.

“I-I don’t think – there’s anything that we should talk about. It’s all a misunderstanding” Luhan said not meeting the not so stranger guest.

“Look -”

“Luhan!” Haowen shouted from the door. Luhan glared at him sending him warning and it was received as Haowen immediately closed the bedroom door.

 “Luhan, I just wanted to talk. I see no harm in that, except if you’re hiding something”

“I-I’m not hiding anything. Clearly Mr. you’re the one mistaken. Please don’t waste your time just because of my son’s beliefs, he’s just a child. He tends to believe in fantasy, happy endings and whatnot. See we don’t even know each other’s name.” Luhan almost whispered, he can hear his voice shivering. 

“I’m Sehun. Nice to meet you Luhan. Now if you’re so innocent then you’ll sit with me and talk. If you convince that you’re telling the truth, I’ll stay away and I swear not to show my face ever again.” Sehun said oddly too calm for a situation like this. A thousand of thought flying in Luhan’s mind at that very second.

If bad comes to worse there’s a high possibility of losing Haowen. Lying won’t take him anywhere other than jail. And he never dreamt of sharing bed with criminals. Running away won’t be a good idea either. If he denied and they left to another town far from Seoul, Sehun can find them in no time. If it end up in court how can he support the finances that goes with it? Hiring a lawyer can cost so much. Where will he get the money?

In the end it was sure a lost case. What can a minimum wage earner like him do versus a multi-millionaire business man? None. He surrender. Because if you’re poor you couldn’t even afford a piece of pride. 

That’s when he gave up. He do what a poor man can only do… he knelt and begged.

“I know you have a family of your own. Please. Don’t take him away from me he’s the only one I got.” Luhan couldn’t stop the tears flowing out of his eyes even if he wants to. He wants this man to see he’s a strong person but he failed miserably.

“How?” Sehun said crouching down to meet his gaze. He knew Sehun understand what he’s saying. Kneeling down means he admit it.

“S-seven ye-years ago. Par-ty” Luhan told Sehun. There’s so much explaining to do but he can’t right now with his chest was aching so badly.

He didn’t notice Haowen was already in his side so he embrace his son.

“Why did you make baba cry?” Haowen was looking at Sehun now, his arms wrapped around his Baba protectively.

“No. He didn’t anything to baba. You know how emotional Baba is.” Luhan said with a bitter smile to his son. No he can’t lose his most precious baby boy. Not to anyone, not even from his own father. He can’t… please don’t let it be.

“It’s not like you knew anyway” Luhan told to Sehun.

He calmed down after a while. He lost track of time. It might be past dinner and he hadn’t cooked anything. Oh well there’s always instant noodles. And how can he eat in this situation?

“It’s already late I think you should go now” He finally spoke.

“I think I disturb you enough today so why don’t I take you out for dinner?” Sehun offered them. 

“Really? We’re going to eat outside?” Haowen looked excited so he just go with the flow.

He was thnking about Yixing. Could Yixing know Sehun was there? Was that the reason why he asked Luhan to come back home? Why would he do such thing? Didn’t he think about how this might result? They can lose Haowen anytime now. Why?

The next thing he knew they were sitting inside a fast food restaurant. Haowen liked the toys they offer for free that includes a burger and a drink.

“I’ll drive you home after we finished.” Sehun said pushing the tray with food to Luhan.

“You don’t have to” truthfully Luhan just wanted to call it a day, go home and rest.

“I needed to. There’s something I still need to do, besides it’s not that late” Sehun simly stated.

“I don’t like tomatoes, they’re sour and have those yucky seeds.” Haowen said sticking out his toque his burger.

It’s unreal to see how both of them pluck out the tomatoes on the same manner. He just sigh.

“You won’t grow up if you continue being picky.” Luhan said dryly.

“Baba can have it if he wants” Haowen pushed the plate into his side, and Luhan found Sehun’s smile for the very first time.

 

 

 


 

 

Oh about the toy part I would like to think that this is an extension of my experience in the orphanage where it open my eyes on a different perspective. The gum was real, they added something in it so that it won’t harden but only for a couple of hours, ‘m not so sure. I think they were improvising a clay because of those clay commercials they see on TV.

So sorry I can’t reply to your messages but I read all of them over and over again. I feel so shy to reply bcoz I don’t think I deserve your kind words. *Bow.