Them

As One

This is crap...


 

 

Sehun drives back home a little late. Before he goes home he went to the Han River to clear his aching head. So much had happen in past 6 hours, it’s still hard to digest that he’s already a father but finds it surprising that he welcomes the new information rather quickly.

He got home late. His wife was already sleeping on their queen size bed. Usually he’ll wake up with empty bed and comes back with a sleeping wife. It has been this way ever since Jinri take a position in his company. His father owns a luxury airline but contrary to earlier prediction of inheriting it, he founded his own company. Unlike his father’s company, he targeted the general masses, offering low price fair for travellers. It all started with few domestic flights around South Korea but now it expanded throughout Asian countries. Thus he received entrepreneur of the year award for being successful at young age. Something that hes thankful for now that its has been the key for his son to find him.

After changing into more comfortable clothes he joins his wife on the bed. Jinri looks like a baby when she sleeps. And Sehun thinks Jinri is most beautiful when she sleeps.

“I’m so lucky for having you. You know that right?” Sehun knows Jinri won’t hear him but he says it anyways. There’s an impending storm in their life and he’s not confident if they can pull it through together.

Morning came faster than Sehun expected. He barely gets a wink of sleep but he got up early so he can catch her wife before she leaves for work. He found Jinri in the kitchen spreading some butter on her toast.

“Hey honey. You’re early today, do you have a meeting?” Sehun walk to her wife and give her a peck on the lips.

“Breakfast?” Jinri said letting Sehun take the first bite. Jinri giggles and wipe the excess butter on Sehun’s lips.

“I’ll make coffee. Wait for me on the table.” Jinri said as she handed the plate with toasted breads to Sehun.

Sehun went to the dining table to wait for Jinri. When Jinri lay down his coffee she starts talking about her very good friend Victoria who will be married soon. He’s not a judgmental person and he’s not really close with Victoria, but this is like her third marriage. The man is Korean this time and it will be held in Bali. Jinri wanted both of them to attend and have a small vacation while at it. But right now he doesn’t really seem to care and Jinri takes notice of his unusual silence.

“Is there a problem?” Sehun look at her wife torn between two options. One, confessing the truth and face her wrath now or two, tell her later on a more romantic set up so that Jinri wouldn’t hurt that much. Oh how Sehun wanted to die at this very moment.

“Jinri… I don’t know how to tell this to you but… Promise me that whatever happen you’ll stay beside me” Sehun said slowly and Jinri notice his eyes turning glassy.

“Sehun you’re making me nervous” Jinri said brows knitted together because of anxiety seeing his husband like this.

“Me too” Sehun then move to Jinri’s front and knell on the floor taking Jinri’s hands with his as he slowly told the whole story.

When Sehun stop explaining, Jinri is still quiet. Too quiet and Sehun hates it the most. After a while Jinri faced him and said:

“What should we do then?” Sehun breathe again. He smiles because he married the right person all along. She has always been the matured understanding person he known from the beginning.

“I’m your wife. Remember were partners in life.” She said like she knew what’s going on his mind.

And they share a tender kiss as a reminder of their vow. Their on this together no matter what.  Sehun thought.

 

xoxoxoxo

 

“Why did you do that Xing?” Luhan spat out when he saw Yixing walking towards their home. He sent a quick text message to Yixing to meet him early in the morning the next day.

“Now now Lu” Yixing said walking still 5 meters away from the fuming Luhan.

“Aren’t you thinking? Do you know what this could lead to?” Luhan knows Yixing knew exactly what he was talking about. They were outside the tenement because Haowen might hear them if they talk inside the apartment. It’s still early and there are not a lot of people during this time.

“A better life…?” Yixing said which make Luhan crossed his arms and glare at Yixing

“For Haowen?” Yixing immediately continue

“A better life without me” Luhan retort

“Look Lu, it’s just that… isn’t it unfair for Haowen not knowing his real father? Honestly you weren’t there so you won’t know how pitiful Haowen look. I was there I saw it in his eyes, how he crave for his father.

I know you don’t have a good experience growing up with your father and you feel like you never needed him but Haowen is Haowen. You are you. You always say Haowen is very different from you. He’s an intelligent kid and sooner or later he’ll find his way to his father. He needed his father Lu.”

Luhan tears start to fall. “I’m scared Xing. I’m really scared. What if he takes away Haowen. They have money what do I have?” Luhan wiped away his tears, they’re outside his neighbor might see him crying and he doesn’t want to be their gossip main star.

“Where is Haowen?”

“Inside the house...” Luhan said feeling little. Why does Yixing always make sense?

Yixing sign. “I don’t think Mr. Oh is that kind of a person. Give him a chance. It’s too early to judge I barely talked to him but I think he’s not like that.” Luhan hiccupped. They stayed silent for a minute. Luhan is about to talk again when his landlady came walking with grocery bags in hand.

“Oh hi Luhan and to your Chinese friend.” She greets them happily which make Luhan confused. She makes it obvious how she doesn’t like them and to mention he never fail to delay the payments, adding woods into the fire. Something is definitely off.

“Mrs. Cho, about the rent, you see-“ Luhan start

“Oh that, yeah who is he?”

“huh?” Luhan said confuse

“Yesterday night there’s this man he handed me money says it’s for the rent and walks away. Is he your new employer or something?” Mrs. Cho ask

“He’s-” the father of my son? Is that how he supposed to phrase it?

“Well I need to cook breakfast see you around.” With that Mrs. Cho walks into her house.

“At least Mr. Oh seems responsible.” Yixing whisper into his ear and Luhan scowl at him and give him a withering glare. Yixing is not yet forgiven for giving away Haowen and making sense out of this whole ordeal.

 

xoxoxoxo

 

“Jongin! Open up!” Sehun knocks repeatedly after giving up pressing the doorbell.

“Good morning” said the person that opens the door. For a moment Sehun thought he’s in the wrong building.

“Come on in.” the small figure make a way so he can come inside, so Sehun take hesitant steps.

 “Who is it?” Jongin shouts from the bedroom

“Se-Sehun?” Jongin was drying his hair with towels when he sees Sehun standing at the door.

“Hey man” Sehun awkwardly raised one hand at Jongin.

“I guess I need to go now. Your coffee is the table”

“Wait, I’ll get your car” Jongin walk towards the smaller male.

“Nah, I’m fine. I leave you two.”

“Is that… Minseok? As in then Kim Minseok”

“Kim Jongin!”

“That is Kim Minseok alright!”

“Kim Minseok!”

“I heard you the first time okay!”

“He’s Minseok. Chen’s ex, who if I’m not mistaken he’s still in love with.”

“He’s here not there meaning he chose me.”

“I can’t believe you. May I remind you that we almost lost Chen because of him”

“Why are you blaming Chen’s recklessness to him? He didn’t ask Chen to get wasted and drive his ing car in such a wee hour”

“You’re so defensive. How come I didn’t know about this? When did this happen. I’m surprised you even knew him”

“I met him when Chen got too drunk and I have no choice but to take him home. Thanks to your stag party. I know you’ll judge me so I didn’t tell you. But Chanyeol and Kyungsoo knows because of Chanyeol’s little demon- I mean diva.”

“Again? Seriously what’s with that day!”

“What?... Well enough about that. Isn’t it too early especially for you to come out at this time. Did something happen?”

“Jongin… I don’t know what I should do” Sehun suddenly had a half heart confessing to his so called best friend.

“What are you talking about?” Sehun wished he just recorded his conversation with Jinri.

“Does Jinri know?”

“Yeah, talked to her already”

“and what did she say?”

“She’s fine with it. She said its already there what else can we do anyways.”

“You guys are taking this well. Like really well”

 “Jongin… honestly im not mad. Im confused yes but somehow… I feel... I don’t know…”

“So you’re not here to blame me? I mean if there’s anyone to blame its Chanyeol and Baekhyun. It’s their entire fault this happened.” Jongin defend himself.

“No. I’m not blaming anyone.” Relief washes Jongin’s face as he takes a seat next to Sehun.

“Well like you say it’s already there. Just be responsible and be there from now on.”

“I know that already.” Sehun said somewhat feeling lighter after confessing.

“Relationships are complicated man”

 

xoxoxoxo

 

 

Few days past by and Luhan thought Sehun will never show his face again. When one day he comes home to an empty house, his first thought was:

‘OMG! We were robbed! Help! Help!’ He immediately fished out his phone and dial Yixing’s number with shaking hands. He can’t believe that even with such state someone would take interest with what little they have. But he stopped when he saw a note plastered on the bathroom door of all places!

I pick up Haowen from School. Please go to the address I’ve written at the back.

-Sehun

 

Immediately Luhan called a cab a deed he thought won’t be possible knowing how stingy he is. But money isn’t the issue now, Sehun got Haowen. They might be on a law office, a DNA testing center or the police station reporting Luhan.

But of all the horrible places he thought, he did not expect to be inside an exclusive subdivision. He figures that one out when the security refused to let them in. After sometime of conformation i.d inspection and a phone call they were able to enter the subdivision. Now he stood of a huge gate wondering what to do next. He reread the paper for the nth time hesitating to ring the bell. Finally he pressed the doorbell and a woman in uniform came and opens the gate for him.

“Are you Luhan?” He nodded to the smiling woman.

“Come on in.” The woman entered the door and he followed.

“Baba!” Haowen ran into his arms as soon as he enters the door.

“My baby” Luhan hold Haowen tight because finally he can breathe again.

“Welcome”

“Sehun” Now that Luhan inside, he scanned the whole place with his eyes. The interior of the house was painted with soft color of beige and flesh. The furniture’s were mostly white but it complemented the marble floor. Everything seems earth tone and easy on the eyes.

“This is your new home. I hope you like it.” Sehun said simply. Luhan was speechless. He did not see this coming. Or maybe he did but nothing as grand as this. He thought maybe Sehun would pay their rent monthly send financial support for Haowen and that’s it. Sehun’s a family man after all but not their family.

“If you don’t like something just tell me. I choose everything according to my idea of a…family house, so I don’t know if I’ll suit your taste but feel free to rearrange and throw anything away. It’s yours now. ” Sehun said handling Luhan set of keys and Luhan can read the small labels that were plastered on each.

“Please don’t say I don’t need to do this. It’s the least I can do.” Sehun said sincerely with a hint of pity in his tone. Pity to as to what Luhan won’t know.

“Oh by the way these are Jinah and Junbin they’re the maid I hire to help around. There’s also Jinah’s husband Sangsoon, he’s the driver and the gardener. They’ll be living with you from now on. They have separate quarter at the back you can check that out later if you want.”

“Baba come with me papa said I can have my own room.” Haowen look so excited tugging Luhan by the hand upstairs. When they reached the 2nd floor Luhan gaped at the glass wall overlooking some kind of a river and greenery outside.

“Baba here!” Haowen peeked at the door and gesture to Luhan to come over.

Haowen bedroom is larger than their previous house, the wall paper were like that of the sky with occasional clouds. Half of his room were occupied by new toys some even on boxes, tag prices still attached to them. 

“Look baba! It has a bed!” Haowen start jumping on the bed sending some plushies out the bed. Of course it’s the first time Haowen has a bed.

It reminded him of his shortcoming as a father to Haowen.

“You like your room that much?” said Sehun who stood at the back of Luhan.

“Yes papa!” Haowen stop bouncing and ran to Sehun and wrap his arms around Sehun’s waist and Sehun didn’t even think for a second as he carried Haowen in his arms.

“We should show baba his bedroom” he said to Haowen

“Baba your room is opposite mine” Haowen said smiling looking so comfortable in Sehun’s arms. Luhan picked the key that was labeled main bedroom. If he thinks Haowen room was huge he didn’t know a perfect word to fit such magnificent room. The room has its own living room with a gigantic golden chandelier with crystal balls. The bed could fit four people at the same time. It has a veranda that sits a woven swing and a love seat with small table. There are 2 smaller doors inside so he looks at the keys. There’s main bathroom and a walk in closet’s labels.

“How was it?” Sehun asked and Luhan closed his mouth blushing that Sehun caught him.

“It’s too much”

“You don’t like it?”

“No no of course not. It’s just that you really didn’t have to do it.”

“But I wanted to and I needed to. So why not?” Sehun said and Luhan looked at his son still in Sehun’s arms and frowned. Haowen’s head was on Sehun’s shoulder like the kid could fall asleep there any minute. It’s amazing how Sehun accepted them immediately. He slightly wondered if his wife knew about this; Sehun burning so much money for them and most importantly about Haowen.

 

xoxoxoxo

 

“Are you busy?”Luhan said as Yixing picked up his call.

“Just having a coffee break, wait are you crying?”

“No” stifle “it’s just that…” Luhan said obviously tearing up.

“Where are you? You want me to there?” said Yixing worriedly

“I’m on the bathroom. My bathroom Xing” He repeated

“Okay?”

“Sehun gave us a house. It’s really really huge Xing! And now I’m sitting close to the bathtub in my bedroom… Do you remember that one time when the Asian games were held here in Korea. They hire us to this 5 star hotel to clean room because they were running out of chamber maids.

“Yeah, how can I forgot? Someone poop on the tiles. Ughhh! Those filthy rich people they got so much money that they thought even their dung cost something.” Yixing said and Luhan can almost see his friend scowling at the thought.”

Yeah that time. Do you remember when we were cleaning one of their presidential suite? The bathroom made the biggest impression for me.”

“Because you always bathe in cold water and its larger than both our apartment.” Yixing said quickly

 “and you know what Xing… it has hot water ready to use you just have to tap the red button” Stifle “… and Xing it produces bubbles” Luhan started crying again even if he didn’t wanted to but he can’t help it.

“Oh you… I should go there and experience that thing! Let’s have bathtub party!” Yixing suggested joyfully. He knew Luhan was really happy right now thus the tears came flowing.

“We have a pool outside Xing!” Luhan said laughing while wiping his tears with his sleeve.

“Really? I already like Mr. Oh. Tell me your address.” Yixing order Luhan and his friend just cackle at him.

“Oh, I’m going to give you some duvet and you can bring home my T.V!”

“I’ll go there staring after work. Tell your maid to make extra dinner.”

 

xoxoxoxo

 

They were shopping for some toys at a well-known shopping mall with Sehun. Sehun thought they lack severely on basic aspects. They spent the whole morning rummaging and fitting new clothes and shoes for both Haowen and Luhan. Luhan and Sehun have little arguments every now and then as old habits are hard to break. Luhan always insisting on getting at least 1-2 size larger for Haowen and Sehun dismissed him saying they ‘can always buy new one if it does not fit anymore’. But Luhan grew up with tight budget find this way over the top, every time Sehun throw a new item on their cart Luhan can’t help himself looking at the tag calculating the total for the items, he gave up when it reached 1000 dollars and Sehun keep adding more. Also he has been itching to ask Sehun why they need to buy Haowen 8 pairs of shoe with the same design just different colors. Haowen has been unresponsive throughout the sopping, occasionally nodding so they just decided majority of the time.  Earlier they already bought 12 pairs, after paying, Sehun saw Haowen eyeing a pair of snickers so immediately ask the sales lady to bring all colors to them. Luhan just sigh. They went to the 5th floor for gadget hunting. He bought both Luhan and Haowen the latest smartphones, a tablet PC and a new desktop computer. Luhan insist that he does not need a very expensive phone most especially as huge as that, how is he going to keep that on his pocket? More over Haowen is just 6, he can’t even grasp it with one hand and it’s not like he needed something as fancy as that when all he needed a phone is for calling. After listening to Luhan’s explanation they opted for a different choice. Smaller but nevertheless the amount is exorbitant as well at least for Luhan.

After filling up their stomach with great food they rested a bit. They didn’t talk much it’s still awkward it has been 10 days but there’s still that wall between them. Sehun announced that will go toy shopping and instantly Haowen’s interest perked up. Haowen learning to use some color techniques with his newly purchased brushed and coloring materials guided by professionals so they leave him for a moment to check out other merchandise for kids. And Luhan wonder if Sehun knew the word enough. Luhan stopped walking when he saw a familiar face walking opposite them.

“What?” Sehun ask as he almost bumped into Luhan. Sehun follow his gazed and alas a very pregnant Baekhyun who busy talking with very disinterested looking Kyungsoo was walking in their direction followed by Chanyeol who was pushing  two carts full of products. Without saying a word they turned their back and ready to walk as far as they can.

“Honey look who I found!” Baekhyun yelled from across the aisle. The duo stops on their ground. Kyunsoo and Baekhyun make their way to Luhan and Sehun immediately.

“Hey guys! Are you also shopping?” Baekhyun said excitedly

“Hi. It nice seeing you again… you look-“ ‘plump’ he badly wanted to say but everyone in the room stops breathing and all attention was on him like this is a matter of life and death.

“-good in dark blue eyeliner” everyone starts to breathe again and Baekhyun smiled at him.

“Of course, you even remember. I’m so proud of you. What are you guys doing here? Oh, are you already planning for a 2nd child?” Baekhyun joked while rubbing his tummy. Both flushed at the sudden jabbed.

“Baek!” Kyunsoo whispered both eyes ready to pop out.

“What?” He walks towards Luhan and inspect the cart.

“Oh this brand is a good but I know a better one.” Beakhyun said lifting several small boxes for inspection. They knew about Sehun’s situation. Kai accidentally spilled out while they were hanging outside the office and of course Chanyeol never learned to keep anything from his bossy husband. And Baekhyun is still the Baekhyun from seven years ago so he called an urgent meeting with his ‘friends’.

“I’m Do Kyungsoo, I haven’t able to meet you before. I raised Sehun when he was younger.” Kyunsoo extended his arms to shake Luhan’s and give him a warm smile.

“Really now?” Sehun said unimpressed.

“Yes. Back when he was still young and not a brat we have now.” Kyungsoo frowned at Sehun.

Meeting Sehun’s friend was nice. It was easy talking with them they never left him out and he feel comfortable with their presence. He found out that Baekhyun and Chanyeol had a 5 year old son making his current bundle their 2nd child. Baekhyun was still the Baekhyun from 7 years ago only pregnant. Kyungsoo was like a mother always checking the plates if they still have enough food or their cups were all refilled. Also he was engaged and already counting down the months for his wedding.  They exchange numbers and Baekhyun seem so thrilled having him, already making up plans for their next get together. Baekhyun suggested transferring Haowen to his son school. This topic was already brought out by Sehun himself and frankly it’s still all to Haowen’s decision of he wants to leave his current school.

 

 

 


I think this is what they call filler… I've written this long time ago. i havent checked this so i might edit it later.

Oh and I need help please please please. Any kind soul out there? If anyone of you is a wattpad user that knew how the website work please please please kindly P.M me I have a few questions. Thank you.