Chapter two

Angelfall

~CHAPTER TWO~

Untitled4-1.jpg



Sehun’s injuries were almost healed but he still didn‘t get used to the whole new thing. He was like a human now. He needed to sleep, eat, he felt cold and pain. It made him feel so vulnerable and Sehun hated it. There were many doctors cheking up on him continuously, but Jongin was the most frequent one. He was stupid, Sehun thought and recalled all the lame jokes Jongin told him, but at least he was harmless.

„Hi Sehun,“ said a familiar voice. He didn’t need to look to know the owner. Sehun nodded his head, not bothering to waste his precious words on this creature. Jongin sighed after being practically ignored, but he still managed to keep his smile. That made Sehun think Jongin was even more stupid.

Jongin got quite used to the stone face and sassy attitude Sehun constantly had, though he wished the latter would open up to him. Sehun attracted him for an obscure reason and Jongin was aware of the fact. Maybe that’s why he tried to light up the boy countlessly, but failed miserably each and every time (but at least Sehun sometimes laughed at how embarrassing Jongin was).

„I have a good news for you.“ The doctor said gaily. „You’re almost recovered!“

Sehun, on the other hand, wasn’t so excited. Not at all. „And?“

His face was still and Joning grinned. „Then you can go home.“

There was a slight change in Sehun’s expression for a split of a second which Jongin couldn’t define. Sehun bit on his bottom lip.

Home. Luhan…

Jongin just now remembered they still didn’t find out who Sehun was or where he was from. At first the doctors believed that the pacient suffered from a post-traumatic shock, which could explain his temporary memory loss. However that option was no longer available since his memories would’ve been restored by now. Jongin felt stupid. So stupid. He put on a forced smile again and laughed unnaturally. „I-I’m sorry. I can be an idiot sometimes.“

Sehun raised both of his eyebrows, not saying anything. He clearly did not disagree with the statement and that made Jongin even more nervous. „Do you have a place to stay? At some friend’s or so?“

„Do I look like someone who has friends?“  

Jongin was taken aback by the patient’s reaction. He shrugged. There was an uncomfortable heavy silence for a moment which Jongin broke as the first one. „I must go now. Try to rest, I’ll tell someone to bring you food.“

„Not that nasty porridge again,“ Sehun almost whined in distaste. It was the first and only food he got to eat here in hospital and his entire human career. It made him annoyed. One of the little emotions that Sehun actually showed and Jongin thought it was cute.

„I’m sorry,“ he laughed, clearly amused and ruffled Sehun‘s hair before leaving the room. Sehun didn’t know if he either hated or tiny of bit liked it.
 

Untitled3-2.jpg


Sehun rarely went to the shared corridor, but when he did, he swore he’d never do that again. And a few days later, he always found himself stepping out of the room once again.

He sat on one of the many benches and observed the other beings around.  People all in white – doctors he noted, nurses and lastly humans wering that ridiculous pyjamas indentical with his. There was this nasty smell everywhere he went which Jongin told him was an older form of antiseptic called iodoform, basically a compound of carbon, hydrogen and iodine to eliminate any harmful bacteria. If the bacteria won’t kill patients, Sehun thought, then this smell will, sooner or later. He was sitting there for a while now, when someone sat beside him but Sehun paid minimal attention to it, if any.

„It’s a nice day, huh?“

No reaction.

„I said it’s a nice day.“ The voice repeated as nicely as it sounded for the first time and Sehun couldn’t help but to roll his eyes. He nodded, clearly not planning to develop this one-sided conversation. However the latter either didn’t get it or just pretended not to understand.

 „Hey, what’s with that judging look?“ A soft laugh came out from the same thin lips. „I’m Yixing.“

Sehun had an urge to say ‚who asked you‘ but only nodded again, continueing with his plan which required heavy ignorance. Sehun was pretty good at it but Yixing didn’t seem to be offended at the slightest. There were so many other places to sit and this stranger, Yixing, must’ve decided to sit next to him. It irked Sehun so bad.

„And you?“

„Sehun.“

Then there was silence. A while passed and the Angel wondered if Yixing gave up already. He peeked furtively and saw Yixing staring at a wall, his gaze undefined and expression blank. Sehun was satisfied. That meant Yixing was not interested in him anymore. He would have smiled triumphantly if it wasn’t for the same annoyingly soft voice speaking up again.

„I see that you were injured. That’s a very strange place to be wounded.“

So the pads could be seen, Sehun deduced and aimlessly ran his finger across one of them. That’s where his wings used to be. Sehun’s eyes traveled up to the latter’s face for a hint of suspicion, but Yixing only smiled before speaking up again. „Really strange place. I’m here because of a suicide attempt.“

Sehun frowned and Yixing saw, but his genuine smile was still there.

„Why would you want to kill yourself?“

„Because of love.“

Sehun’s frown got even deeper as he stared at the latter in disbelief. He knew people were stupid of all kinds, but this… He has never imagined humans ending their grotty life for the sake of love. Afterall, life is all they really have.

„Taking your life for…love? You’re crazy!“ Sehun was confused. He hated being confused. He got up abruptly and gave Yixing a weird disturbed look before rushing back to his room. He swore he would never come back here again.

„I know.“

Untitled3-2.jpg

Jongin was standing in front of the door, in a good amount of oxygen in his lungs. He couldn’t believe he actually did it, but didn’t regret it nonetheless. He cleared up his throat and stepped in. As expected, Sehun was lying on his hospital bed, basically not doing anything. He was staring out of the window and one could say he was in his own dimension. Not that it was something strange when it came to Sehun. He did not look up and Jongin wasn’t surprised.

„Bored much?“

 Sehun, as always only now, after a while looked at Jonging. He still did not get used to the terrible food, nor he still did not get used to the sleepiness he experienced everynight. However he did get used to Jongin.

„No, I’m having fun.“ The sarcasm in his voice coudn’t be missed. Jongin laughed.

„You know, you’re almost fully recovered… And our job ends here. We need to make space for other patients-“

Sehun didn’t need to hear the rest to know where this was going. „You’re kicking me out.“ He said coldly without a single hitch. After all, he was not even surprised.

„No- I mean yes but- no, that’s not what I wanted to say.“ Jongin, on the other hand, stuttered and Sehun lifted both of his brows in expectation. Jongin chose his words carefully. „We do need this room but because you don’t have a place to stay, I came to terms with my boss that maybe… maybe you could stay in my apartment until the police indentifies you and all that complicated stuff.“

Sehun kept quiet and it made Jongin even more nervous.

„Of course only if you want, I’m not forcing you to-“

„Sure.“

Jongin stopped babbling and now only watched Sehun, who looked absolutely calm. Almost like he expected it and his stone expression wasn’t absent. Jongin gulped.

„Okay.