Chapter one

Angelfall


~CHAPTER ONE~
Untitled4-1.jpg




Some people believe there’s something in between the Earth and stars. Something mystic that cannot be explained. That odd creatures live in that sphere. Creatures that are different from us, humans. We got used to call them angels.

But at that time, those angels were only speculations.

...

 „Have you ever thought of how does it feel to be one of them?“ The two boys were now standing next to each other, observing. Both of them having almost the same expression. Undefined, blank, cold.  Luhan spoke up first.

No.“ The other one responded without a single doubt.

„Sehun-“

„And don’t even think of it,“ Luhan got cut off even before he got to say anything. „This is the first, yet the last time I’m telling you. There’s nothing good down there, only misery and pain. People are selfish and fake, nothing else.“   

Sehun was so sure. Humans‘ life had almost no value to him. Afterall, vast majority of his missions requiered Sehun to interact with them. He was experienced. 

„Is that so?“ The boy looked down again, not impressed. He knew Sehun hated human beings, but Luhan was still curious. Sure one of their first duties was to read and learn about humans. People live on the Earth and Angels above them. There where he was, was always day and no freedom allowed. Only duties and missions.

„By the way,“ Luhan glanced the younger. „I heard Lord wants to see you. And I also heard he’s furiously mad because of your last mission.“ He offered him a worried face and with a blink of an eye, disappeared.

Sehun, stading there all alone, gulped. He knew he not only failed. It was even worse.  

He was now standing in front of a huge and heavy wooden entrance. With a deep breath the Angel knocked on the door and walked in. „My Lord…“ He said while kneeling down on the floor, his head low.

„Sehun,“ A deep, husky voice could be heard. „You know why you are here, don’t you?“

He nodded.

„Good. I’m not gonna ask you about the reasons why. You failed and surely you know what follows next.“

„But Lord, I had no other-“ He tried to defend himself, but it was all in vain.

„SEHUN! How dare you talk back to me?! I gave you that mission because I trusted you! I was sure that you would complete it well!“

Sehun fell silent. The Highest took a deep breath and calmed down. „You know the consequences.“

The latter slowly closed his eyes and waited for the verdict.

„Give me your wings.“ He said sternly and let out a sigh, that was most likely too tiny to be heard. Sehun was one of his favorite and though he never said it out loud, everyone knew. „You will from on now be down, on the Earth, until I say you can come back.“

He stunned, his eyes fully opened now. There was nothing worse that could happen. Nothing. He clenched his fists tightly and answered: „Yes, my Lord.“
 

Untitled3-2.jpg


Sehun woke up in an unfamiliar room. It was probably daytime according to the outside weather that could be seen through a window. Walls around were all white and blank and there was a nasty smell, which Sehun couldn’t define. Where am I?

 „Oh, I see that you’re awake. Hi.“

Sehun’s eyes shot from the window to the source of the voice. The man who stood there was dressed all in white. His tanned skin and dark orbs contrasted with the clothes. Actually, he was the opposite of Sehun, whose skin was pale and hair blonde.

The man must’ve noticed Sehun’s intense stare, because he shifted uncomfortably and another „hi“ came out from his mouth. However, it was more of a question now, probably making sure Sehun paid attention.

„Where am I? And who are you?“

 „Oh, I haven’t introduced myself yet. My name is Kim Jongin and I’m a doctor.“ He said with a sheepish smile as he scratched the back of his head. Looks crassly, his voice deep yet soft in contrast, has a nice smile. Human. noted Sehun in his head.

„Sehun,“ he answered nonchalantly.

He tried to sit up now, but some vicious power attacked him and kept him down, Sehun was sure of that. He groaned. 

The doctor, Jongin, rushed to his side and helped him to lay down again. Sehun still managed to touch his back when he realized one thing: his wings were gone. His fingers sensed something butch under the bandage instead and it hurt when Sehun pressed onto it.

He bit his lip bitterly and remembered the moment right before he was sent to Earth to pay for his failure.

„I will be watching you,“ Luhan said on the edge of tears, his voice shaking. Sehun knew Luhan would cry after he was escorted away and Luhan knew that even if Sehun was hurt or scared, his pride wouldn’t let him show it. They were best friends, after all.
Sehun almost rolled his eyes as it was his habit and waved with a small „bye“. He didn’t need turn around to know that Luhan was watching him with his face wet until his silhouette disappeared.

 Sehun almost smiled, but he was brought back by a loud familiar voice. He didn’t need to guess twice to know his owner. This time Jongin didn’t look so silly, but a lot more serious to be exact.

„Are you even listening to me?“

Sehun blinked once, twice and then carefully nodded. Jongin didn’t seem to buy it, but didn’t question him.

„You must be careful! Don’t make abrupt moves because it will hurt a lot, since your wounds are deep and it also woudn‘t do good to… “ Jongin was still talking, probably some information about his injuries, but Sehun was out of this world again. He stopped listening when he heard word hurt. He had heard the term before, but it was a long time ago already. He wanted to be sure.

„You mean hurt like… Pain?“

Jongin stopped his own monolog and stared at him with confushion written in his face. There was a silence for a good couple of seconds before Jongin came back to his senses.

Sehun was still waiting for the answer, his face stone hard again.

„Y-Yeah…“ The doctor breathed with his brows knitted and fell silent again. He did not see this coming.

Sehun, on the other hand, seemed fine with his enquiry, as if it was common to be asked. His fingers once again found the spacious crust on one of his shoulder blades and pressed.
A wave of pain ran through his entire body. Sehun frowned.  So this is what pain feels like.

„Don’t do that and it will heal.“ Jongin sounded more naturally now. „Now, you didn’t have any ID card with you on, when the police found you in the central park.“ He paused for a bit and then contunied. „What is your last name, Sehun?“

Sehun didn’t know what place was the latter talking about, but what he definitely knew was that Angels used only names given by their Lord and neither of them consisted a surname. Sehun kept quiet.

„Look, Sehun, I don’t have any bad intentions.“ Jongin gave the pale boy a kind reassuring look. He tried again. „Do you know where do you live or how did you came to those injuries?“

Sehun gazed the ceiling and lied. „I don’t know…“ The truth was he was capturing the area far above it. Jongin however didn’t pay attention to Sehun’s actions like he did to his answer.

„But the concussion tests came out negative…“ He mumbled more to himself and then shook his head, probably  to clear it. „I will see you soon,“ Jongin said out of nowhere and offered Sehun a smile. He didn’t seem to react.

Right in front of the door, the man in white turned around. „Oh and are you hungry?“

Before Sehun could even think about what does hungry mean, his tummy rumbled. Jongin laughed heartily and exited the room.

„I’ll tell nurse to bring you food.“