When the cat's away the mice will play

Finally

The weekend could not have arrived sooner for Kyuhyun or Zhou Mi. The plan was to meet up for coffee in the morning, spend the day at an arcade then they were all going to a party that Siwon and his older brother Heechul were throwing. When news spread that the new (and very attractive) exchange student was going to be there, the guest list increased to almost 100. Heechul and Siwons parents were loaded and everybody knew it. Their mansion on the outskirts of town made it a perfect place for parties, which the brothers threw every time their parents were out of town. And that happened a lot.

The day was going great. Everyone was getting along and having fun. Kyuhyun was unashamedly flirting with Zhou Mi, who promptly ignored him, focusing instead on Donghae. But that was in no way a deterrent to Kyuhyun, it just made him try harder. Eunhyuk however, did notice the tall Chinaman getting close to his boyfriend. But Donghae’s constant kisses and hugs were enough to make him calm down and forget about it. It was at the party that night that things got a little strange. Changmin had stolen is older brothers I.D and gotten a tonne of alcohol on top of what Siwon and Heechul already had.

“Does Yunho-hyung know?” Changmin scoffed at Kyuhyun. They’d been friends since they started school since they were in the same classes. Changmin’s older brother Yunho was friends with Donghae and Eunhyuk as well. 

“Probably, but if I get caught he won’t know anything about it,” They laughed and joined the rest of the group. There were a lot of people from school but a few were Heechuls friends. His cousin Kangin was there too. He was meant to be ‘supervising’ the boys while their parents were away but everyone knew he was making out with his boyfriend Leeteuk in the upstairs bathroom. Eunhyuk didn’t drink so he was the designated driver. Donghae however, felt it was important to make sure Zhou Mi enjoyed his first party, which in his mind meant getting wasted.

“Donghae-ah slow down! That’s you’re 5th beer in under an hour,” Eunhyuk warned his boyfriend as he took another swig of beer before passing the bottle over to Zhou mi.

“Relax Hyukjae, we’re just having fun,” Donghae’s pet name for Eunhyuk was Hyukjae. It was actually his real name but he didn’t like it, so he made everyone call him Eunhyuk instead. So far, Donghae was the only one allowed to call him that.

“I can see that babe,” Eunhyuk chuckled as Donghae all but fell onto his lap. “Just be careful ok?”

“Yes Umma,” Donghae gave Eunhyuk a cheeky grin before he pulled the smaller man into a passionate, but drunk kiss.

“Don’t call me that if you’re going to kiss me! That’s gross Hae!” Donghae just laughed and kissed his boyfriend again, leaving Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi to talk. Kyuhyun had been drinking but nothing near the amount that Zhou Mi and Donghae had. He pulled the stumbling Chinese man into the seat next to him and gave him a glass of water.

“Having fun?” Zhou Mi nodded, but looked around him through the swarm of people.

“Yeah, but I need to pee where’s the bathroom?” Kyuhyun got up to take him upstairs, but Donghae leapt off Eunhyuks lap and grabbed the taller man’s hand.

“I’ll take you!” He started off before Eunhyuks pained voice stopped him

“Donghae I’m sure Kyuhyun can show him,” Donghae turned to face his boyfriend, but in his drunken state didn’t notice the agonizing look Eunhyuk had on his face.

“It’s ok, I need to go too,” And he dragged a still stumbling Zhou Mi off to the stairs, which was awkward given his extreme height difference to everyone else in the room.

Kyuhyun had only ever met one person taller and that was his friend Kris from Canada. He’d gone to Canada for a holiday and met Henry and his older brother Kris. They were originally from China but had moved to Canada. Kris was a giant, at least 6 foot 4, Zhou Mi wasn’t quite that tall, but he was taller than Kyuhyun at least. Eunhyuk slumped into a chair behind him and got Kyuhyuns attention again.

“Relax hyung. Donghae-hyung isn’t going to do anything.”

When Donghae and Zhou Mi came back nothing seemed strange so Eunhyuk let it go. It wasn’t until they returned to school that he got suspicious of what had happened that night.

“Hey Eunhyuk-oppa, I heard about your boyfriend. I’m sorry I always thought you guys were so close,” Yuri was a friend of Eunhyuks from childhood, they didn’t speak as much now though, much less when Eunhyuk had no clue what she was talking about.

“What do you mean Yuri?” She looked at him with a confused expression.

“You mean you haven’t heard?” He shook his head and she looked at him sadly. “Everyone’s been talking about how Donghae-oppa hooked up with the new guy from China at Heechul-oppa’s party.”

Eunhyuks blood ran cold. He wasn’t usually the jealous type, but this new guy had really gotten under his skin. He’d told Donghae the night before that he was feeling this way but Donghae had sent him a text that was now Eunhyuks screen saver on his phone. There’s only YOU and ME. Just you and me in our little world <3’ and now he found out that only 24 hours before that, Donghae had hooked up with someone he’d only met three days earlier. Yuri had seen the look on Eunhyuks face and figured it was best to leave him alone. Donghae however, had the opposite reaction. He saw his boyfriend siting alone looking like the world had crashed around him, and rushed to his side.

“Eunhyuk? Baby are you ok?” Eunhyuk turned to face him with a look that could have cut steel.

“Did you hook up with Zhou Mi at Siwons party?” Donghae’s eyes looked like that of a deer as he struggled to find his words.

“Wha- Hyuk what are you-?”

“Did you? Cause apparently everyone’s been talking about it!”

“Who told you that?”

“That doesn’t matter. Did you hook up with him or not?”

“No I didn’t! Hyukkie that place was makeout central that night, it was probably someone else that looked like us,” Eunhyuk calmed down enough to let Donghae slide his hand around the back of the smaller man’s neck and pull him closer. He put a hand to Eunhyuks strong chest and pushed him down onto grass and whispered in his ear. “I told you. It’s only you. It will only ever be you,” He stole a loving kiss before staring deep into Eunhyuks eyes, drawing a smile from the man underneath him.

“I’m sorry Hae,” Eunhyuk whispered into his boyfriend’s neck.

“I love you,” Was his only reply.