"Are you sure you're ok?"

Finally

It’s disgusting, I mean everyone can see. Don’t they have any dignity?” Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk had taken to sitting with Sungmin, who was in Eunhyuks class. He wasn’t necessarily close to the pair but none of their other friends were willing to take a side between Donghae and Eunhyuk. They were currently watching a makeout session between Zhou Mi and Donghae.

“You and Donghae-ah used to do that you know?” Sungmin realised the mistake he’d made when he had a pair of angry eyes met his own. “But that was nothing like what they’re doing,” The eyes retreated, satisfied with their friends backpedalling. Luckily their attention was drawn to the small person walking past them wearing a long sleeved jumper, even though it was the middle of summer.

“Ryeowook-ssi, how can you be wearing a jumper? It’s a million degrees today,” Ryeowook wiped the sweat off his brow as Eunhyuk spoke to him, but refused to look the older man in the eyes. He motioned to his arm mumbling about hurting it the other day and not wanting to draw attention to himself because of the bandage. But before anyone could ask any questions, he ran out of site.

“Well that was weird,” Kyuhyun ignored Eunhyuk’s comment and watched as his friend ran into the toilet block, assuming no one was watching him.

“Um guys I’ll be back in a sec, I wanna see if he’s ok,” The other two nodded at him and Kyuhyun left, but not before Eunhyuk pulled him into a hard kiss, bruising his lips.

Kyuhyun ran after his friend, making it to the bathroom just as Ryeowook was finishing washing his face, his eyes were red but Kyuhyun assumed it was because of the water. The man at the sink gasped and stumbled when he saw Kyuhyun standing in the doorway. Kyuhyun grabbed Ryeowooks arm as he fell, thankfully the doorway was about a step from the sink.

“Wow, you ok?” Ryeowook winced as Kyuhyun grabbed his arm, making the younger of the two drop his wrist immediately. “Oh right sorry. What did you do to it?”

“I um...fell over the other day playing basketball with my brother,” Ryeowook mumbled, although pretty pleased with his quick thinking.

“You have a brother? What’s his name?”

“Jongwoon. But he’s a really good singer so I call him Yesung,” Ryeowook smiled sadly thinking about his hyung who is always so good to him, and how much he takes that for granted.

“Master of the vocal chords, cute. Can you sing?” Ryeowook shakes his head at the taller man.

“No not really, Yesung-hyung is much better than me,” Kyuhyun smiles at his friend, not believing him.

“Maybe you can show me sometime?” Ryeowook shyly shrugs and looks down. “Alright, well I should go to class. Are you sure you’re ok?” The small man nods at Kyuhyun. “Ok. I’ll see you later.”

Ryeowook lets out a breath of air when Kyuhyun leaves, thankful that he didn’t see his arm. He cursed himself when he saw blood seeping through the thin fabric of his sweater.

--------

“Hey Kibum was Ryeowook in class?” Kyuhyun corned his friend after the last class of the day. He’d waited outside Ryeowook’s biology class to talk to him and make sure he was ok, but Kibum was the last person to come out, and he hadn’t seem Ryeowook yet.

“No Kyuhyun, I didn’t see him. Sorry.” Kyuhyun nodded and let Kibum pass, leaving him alone in the deserted hallway. That didn’t make sense, Ryeowook wasn’t the sort to skip class, and he was here at lunch. Suddenly a door closed behind him and a voice called his name.

“Kyuhyun? What are you doing here?” Shindong, one of the seniors who ran the after school study hall, called to him from down the hall. Kyuhyun bowed at the older man and grabbed his bag off the floor.

“Sorry Shindong-ssi, I was daydreaming,” Kyuhyun turned to leave but remembered that Ryeowook was a part of Shindong’s study group. “Oh Shindong-ssi?” the older man turned at his name.

“Please Kyuhyun call me hyung,” Kyuhyun nodded at the senior and continued.

“Hyung, do you know where Ryeowook-ssi is? I saw him at lunch but he wasn’t in class just now,” Shindong looks through his notes for the role he took before study hall.

“Ryeowook-ah went home today after lunch, his brother picked him up.”

“Oh ok, thank you hyung.” Kyuhyun bowed again and left. That was weird. Ryeowook hadn’t mentioned anything about leaving. Not even when the subject of his brother was brought up. When Kyuhyun reached the front gate, Eunhyuk was waiting for him by his car, so any concerns of Ryeowook were pushed aside until later. Much much later.