It's jut a nose bleed

Finally

What was meant to be a quick makeout in front of Donghae and Zhou Mi ended up going a lot further than anyone thought it would. Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun sat together at breaks in clear view of everyone, including Zhou Mi and Donghae. The lingering touches and swift pecks seemed sweet to everyone else, but what everyone didn’t know was that they were reserved solely for the eyes of Zhou Mi and Donghae. Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun could tell everyone that it was real, but they could never delude themselves into thinking it was anything more than pretending. An attempt to strike jealously into the hearts of their previous counterparts, well in Eunhyuks case anyway. Kyuhyun never got as far as he would’ve liked with Zhou Mi, but seeing Zhou Mi move on with someone else was enough to make him just as angry as Eunhyuk. Unfortunately for them, not everyone knew that.

---

It had been a week since the breakup and reuniting of different couples when Zhou Mi heard a muffled cry from the bathrooms. He tried opening the stall door but there was something behind it, propping it closed.

“Hello? Who’s in there? Are you ok?” When he got no response he started to get really worried. “Please open the door,” Again no response. Just more crying. The person behind the door took a few shaky breaths before the spoke extremely quietly, leaving Zhou Mi struggling to understand the Korean.

“Don’t worry I’m fine. Please go away,” He didn’t recognise the voice, so it wasn’t anyone Zhou Mi knew. There was no more crying after that so Zhou Mi figured it ok to leave, satisfied that the person was somewhat ok. He didn’t hear the heavy sobs that racked the small person’s body after he shut the door. Nor did he see that boy bring the sharp razor to his wrist or the harsh intake of breath that followed.

---

‘I heard it was upstairs’

‘It was in the boys’

‘There was blood everywhere’

‘They’re trying to say it was a nosebleed’

‘No one went to the nurse’

‘Do you think it was on purpose?’

It hadn’t taken long to get around the campus that there was a heap of blood in the boy’s bathroom. Rumours started immediately as to what happened and whose it was. No one knew the truth because there was no one there when they found it. It had been bothering Zhou Mi since he found out because he was sure that the person he heard crying was the one that had lost the blood, he just didn’t know how. No matter how though he was feeling responsible.

“Zhou Mi are you ok?” His lesson with Hangeng had been going for 20 minutes and he’s only heard a quarter of what his teacher was saying.

“Sorry Gege, what did you say?”

“I said are you ok? You’ve been out of it all afternoon,” Zhou Mi sighed and looked at his almost empty book.

“That thing in the bathroom has been messing with me all day.”

“It was a nosebleed Zhou Mi, there’s nothing to worry about,” Hangeng gave him a teacher look, meaning he wasn’t meant to reply to it, but Zhou Mi had to tell someone about what he heard.

“When I went in there today there was someone in there crying. I asked them to open the door but they wouldn’t. They told me they were fine and asked me to leave them alone. They stopped crying so I left, but now I’m thinking I shouldn’t have left,” Zhou Mi’s grave look told Hangeng that the new student was taking on responsibility for someone he didn’t know and someone that he had tried to help.

“Zhou Mi no matter what happened you cannot blame yourself. You’ve been here for what? Just over a month? You’re still settling in, you can’t blame yourself for things like this.”

“But Gege I was there. I could have done something, but I just left,” sensing his student was on the verge of tears Hangeng turned the conversation around.

“Maybe you can still help? Did you recognise who it was?”

“No. He was speaking Korean really quietly so I barely understood him,” Well so much for making Zhou Mi feel better.

“Look don’t worry, I’m sure they’ll figure what happened. You did what you could Zhou Mi, that’s all anyone will ask of you,” It was then that Donghae turned up to take Zhou Mi home. They didn’t even hide their relationship anymore, making Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun even more determined to get to them. As far as Donghae was concerned it was good thing that Eunhyuk had moved on, he guessed that it wasn’t entirely real but he was glad that he could at least pretend his ex was happy. Even if it was just to try and make him miserable.