Walking on shaky ground

Finally

Weeks passed and Eunhyuk forgot all about the party that night. But other things were starting to worry him. Almost every time he asked Donghae if he wanted to hang out, the other man would say he was busy, or he had homework or study, or his parents had planned something already. He tried not to be suspicious, but when Kyuhyun told him that Zhou Mi was doing the same thing, it’s safe to say he got pretty pissed off.

He was home studying one night after another rejection from Donghae when he got a message from Siwon that had a video attached. Everyone knew that the mansion had cameras inside, but Siwon and Heechul always promised that they delete the footage before their parents get home. Siwons message worried Eunhyuk a lot.

‘Hey Eunhyuk. I was looking through the computer when I found this. It’s security footage from the night of the party. I thought you might want to see it.’

When he opened the video Eunhyuk almost fell of his chair. It was security footage alright. Of one of the many upstairs bathrooms in the mansion. What surprised Eunhyuk was that it was only a 5 minute clip, normally the security footage is hours long from those parties. But that wasn’t the part that hurt him. In the video was clearly his boyfriend and the tall exchange student. Donghae had lied to him about hooking up with Zhou Mi that night. He didn’t know why but he forced himself to watch the entire video of the man he loved making out with someone who was virtually a stranger. Siwons computer must have shown that Eunhyuk had watched the video because he got another message.

‘I’m sorry. For some reason it wasn’t deleted.’

And another less than a minute later.

I’m here if you want to talk.’

Eunhyuk knew why the footage had been cropped and left on the computer. Heechul had never liked Eunhyuk, he always thought he wasn’t good enough for Donghae. He only got invited to the parties because Heechul and Donghae used to be good friends, and to be honest those boys just wanted people to fill their house that would talk about the parties for weeks to come. He’d clearly left it there knowing his younger brother always had a soft spot for Eunhyuk and would show him. Eunhyuk ignored Siwons offer on condolences in favour of forwarding the message to Kyuhyun. He knew it was a childish move, but he couldn’t handle being the only one pissed off because of it. He also knew what a it made him to purposely make Kyuhyun angry just to make himself feel better. But hey someone should understand how he’s feeling right?

Eunhyuk couldn’t remember ever feeling angrier in his life. He knew he should be hurt, upset, heartbroken, all the things that go with a breakup, but he didn’t. He felt angry and pissed and above all vengeful. Not only that Donghae had cheated on him but that he’d lied about it. The fact that he could say to his face that he was the only one, not 48 hours after making out with another person. He sent Donghae a text. ‘I need to talk to you tomorrow’ Despite what he thought would happen he got a reply in less than 2 minutes. ‘Sure babe <3 Miss you xx’ Eunhyuk was fuming. How could Donghae pretend that nothing was wrong? Despite feeling so angry Eunhyuk still ran over in his mind what he was going to say to Donghae about 50 times.

The next morning Eunhyuk was waiting, but not in his usual spot. He waited inside his car until Donghae drove up, he shouldn’t have been surprised, but Zhou Mi was in the car. It took all the strength he had not to pull the lanky man out of the car and beat the stupid smile off his face. But as much as he hated both Zhou Mi and Donghae at the moment, he didn’t want to hurt either of them. He couldn’t bring himself to do it. He did however lose his temper a little when he saw them step out of the car laughing. He slammed the door shut getting their attention.

“Oh hey babe,” Donghae smiled as he walked over to where Eunhyuk was standing. “What did you need to talk to me about?”

“You know damn well what I have to talk to you about!” Well there went his attempt at being civil.

“Um I’ll see you in class Donghae,” Zhou Mi tried to slink away but he stopped dead in his tracks when Eunhyuks glare was him.

“No. You can stay right there, I’m not done yet.”

“Eunhyuk stop it! You’re being rude!”

“I’m being rude? Don’t you dare talk to me about being rude!”

“Please Eunhyuk stop it what are you talking about?” Donghae looked like he was about to cry, making Eunhyuk’s mission here even harder.

“I know Donghae. I know about the party and what happened,” Donghaes face went into shock as it dawned on him what had happened

“Hyukkie I…..I’m so sorry. I...I was drunk I didn’t…I didn’t know what I was doing,” Donghae was fumbling over his words as he took a step closer with every fault. But every time he did, Eunhyuk would take a step back.

“I’m sorry too Hae. I’m sorry I wasn’t good enough for you,” he turned away, biting back tears as he walked away from the one thing that he loved.

“Hyukjae please wait I -”

“No! You lost the right to call me that a long time ago!” Eunhyuk hadn’t meant to snap, but he couldn’t help it. That name was filled with memories of their relationship. If he wanted to end it he had to forget everything. He stormed off in whatever direction was opposite to Zhou Mi and Donghae, unfortunately that was the direction of Kyuhyun and surprisingly Ryeowook.

“Hyung what’s wrong?” Kyuhyun grabbed Eunhyuks arm as he passed, only to be shaken off by the older man. Kyuhyun glanced to where he had come from and saw Zhou Mi holding Donghae and his hair softly. Having seen the video Kyuhyun saw no reason as to why Donghae should be crying. He was the one who had cheated, he lied and it was him who broke Eunhyuks trust. Granted Kyuhyun was a little biased, being as pissed off at the tall China-man as he was, his judgement was certainly not at its best.

“Hey Wook I’ll see you later ok?” Kyuhyun barely even glanced at the smaller man next to him to see the small nod Ryeowook gave before he took off down the hall after Eunhyuk.

“Hyung wait!” When he got no reply he forced himself to run faster to catch Eunhyuk, grabbing his arm and pulling the small man to face him. “Jesus will you stop for a minute!”

“What Kyuhyun? What do you want?” Eunhyuk all but shouted at his friend. He didn’t want to hurt Kyuhyun but he was not in the mood for chit chat or Kyuhyuns attempts at condolences.

“I wanted to know if you were ok.”

“You were there Kyuhyun! Do I look like I’m ok?” The silent tears Eunhyuk had been holding back spilled from his eyes and dripped down his chin. He felt himself pulled into a tight hug by his dongsaeng, which confused him; Kyuhyun had never been one to show much affection before.

“I know, I’m sorry,” Eunhyuk let his own arms wind around Kyuhyuns waist and pulled him in tighter, burying his face in the taller man’s chest.

“I’m just so angry at him Kyu,” He was whimpering by now, sobs wracking his small body. He glanced up and over Kyuhyuns shoulder, checking who the voices he heard belonged to.

He froze when he saw that Zhou Mi and Donghae were headed his way. He prayed they hadn’t seen him yet as a ridiculous idea took over his body. Eunhyuk slid his hand around Kyuhyuns neck and pulled the younger’s face down to meet his own. Without thinking or acknowledging the surprised look on Kyuhyuns face, he forced him into a fierce kiss. He heard the surprised gasp from Kyuhyun, which was muffled by Eunhyuks mouth, as well as the gasp from the end of the hall and the quiet call of his name which he ignored. Kyuhyun must have heard it as well because he eventually leant into the kiss and pushed Eunhyuk against the wall. There was another pained gasp from behind them. Not fully recognizing it Kyuhyun assumed it was Zhou Mi, making him smile into the kiss. What he didn’t realize was that Zhou Mi had already dragged Donghae away and it was a much smaller person watching the new couple from the end of the hall.