There's a new kid in town

Finally

“Hyuk! Stop it!” Donghae giggled playfully at his boyfriend, whose lips were roaming the skin at the base of his neck.

Normally he wouldn’t protest this kind of behaviour, but they were in the middle of the school yard, and the freshman classes were due out any minute which meant their best friend Kyuhyun would be joining them. He may be comfortable with their relationship, but he did appreciate that the PDA was kept to a minimum when he was around. Speaking of the tall freshman, he appeared just as Eunhyuk detangled his limbs from the boy on his lap.

“Hey Kyu, how’s the baby life?” Eunhyuk ducked as Kyuhyuns drink bottle flew at his head.

“Shut up you!” Kyuhyun slumped onto the ground next to the couple, forgetting about abusing the monkey as he remembered the exciting news he had. “Did you guys see the new exchange student yet?”

“Yeah he was in my lecture this morning,” Donghaes comment earned him a warning glare from his boyfriend. “What? Relax babe, you have nothing to worry about,” The brown haired boy sealed his promise with across his boyfriends cheek and a soft kiss. Which probably would have developed into more if the youngest of the three hadn’t cleared his throat.

“Anyway… He seems like a nice guy. Would you mind if I invited him to spend time with us? I need someone to distract me from your constant make out sessions.”

“Yah! One we do not do that. Two, it’s not our fault you’re eternally single! And three, you do realise he’s Chinese right? Your Mandarin is worse than mine,” Eunhyuk was notorious for being the worst in the Mandarin classes they took in middle school.

“That’s the most insulting thing you’ve ever said to me!” Kyuhyun feigned hurt and Donghae simply laughed at the reaction that Eunhyuk had to expect. “And yes captain obvious I know he’s Chinese, but I also know that his Korean is all but fluent. Plus he’s getting tutoring from Hangeng.”

“You’re going to get caught one of these days not using formalities and end up with one of those mathematics utensils you love so much shoved up your arse.”

“Utensils?” Kyuhyun cocked an eyebrow at Donghae.

“Shut up it’s all I could think of. And stop changing the subject! We all know what you’ve been missing up your arse and that’s the only reason you want to invite Zhou mi over.”

“Yah! That’s not all I think of you know!”

“No only 97% of the time,” Kyuhyun would have thrown something a lot heavier at Eunhyuk if Ryeowook, the shy boy from his class, hadn’t tapped him on the shoulder.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, I have those study notes you needed,” he handed over a pile of paper before bowing to the older two and hurrying away.

“Really Kyu?” Donghae looked at the younger man with disappointment.

“What? He offered. Besides I have other things to focus on at the moment,” he ignored the concerned looks on his hyungs faces. “So. Are you guys ok with me asking Zhou Mi to hang out with us this weekend?” They nodded at their younger friend before packing up their things and heading off to their class. Leaving Kyuhyun to contemplate the different ways he could approach the Chinese man. Everyone missed the longing looks that Kyuhyun was still getting from a small man hiding around the corner.

--

“I seriously don’t know why you’re here Zhou Mi. You don’t need my help, your Korean is almost perfect,” Hangeng had been listening to his newest student repeat back perfect Korean phrases, making him feel guilty to take his money for private lessons.

“Not really. It could still use some work don’t you think?” Hangeng just laughed lightly.

“If you insist. I’ll see you here tomorrow ok?” Zhou Mi nodded at his teacher and walked out with his bag, straight into the student waiting outside.

Kyuhyun looked Zhou Mi up and down a few times blinking. Wow. He was taller than Kyuhyun originally thought. He bowed slightly given that he knew Zhou Mi was older than him, although it would feel a little strange calling him hyung since he was Chinese.

“Sorry Zhou Mi-ssi, I didn’t see you there,” The taller man was surprised that this stranger knew his name. He had only arrived yesterday.

“You…You know who I am?” After his tutor telling him his Korean was perfect, Zhou Mi was suddenly stumbling over his words, sending a rush of blood to his cheeks. Which Kyuhyun thought looked adorable.

“Ah yeah, my friend Donghae had a class with you this morning and said you were new to the area,” Ok that was a lie, Kyuhyun had known before Donghae had told him, but to a new and foreign student that might seem weird.

“Oh right. Well yes I am, I arrived in Korea last week,” To Kyuhyun his voice sounded like velvet, he would listen to it all night. “Umm…Can I help you with something?” Kyuhyun had been staring at Zhou Mi for a little longer than necessary. He coughed awkwardly and Zhou Mi shuffled nervously from foot to foot. Kyuhyun was the first person he’d spoken to at the school other than Hangeng and the other staff.

“Oh yeah well I was just going to ask if you wanted to hang out with my friends and I this weekend? We figured you might want some friends,” That had sounded a lot less cynical in Kyuhyuns head. “Not that you don’t have friends, I just meant that if you don’t know anyone here we’re happy to be friends with you,” He was bumbling like a little kid and this time it was Kyuhyuns turn to flush red with embarrassment.

“Thanks, I’d like that,” Zhou Mi flashed him a smile and Kyuhyun swore he felt his knees buckle slightly. The older man’s face lit up when he smiled, more so than it already did.

“Great!” Kyuhyun mentally slapped himself for sounding so excited. He could be a little less obvious that he wanted in the new guys pants couldn’t he? Ok so maybe Donghae was a little on the mark when he said Kyuhyun really wanted Zhou Mi. He’s always had a thing for Chinese. The last one he’d been with had gone back to China. Yixing was an exchange student as well but hopefully Zhou Mi would stay a little longer than he had. “So I guess I’ll talk to you later then?” Zhou Mi nodded and bowed at the same time leaving Kyuhyun blushing again. He bowed his head out of both respect and embarrassment and hurried the other way. By the time he reached his car he was grinning so hard his jaw hurt.