Valentines Day

Her Lie

A couple of weeks have passed after Chaerin has realized her feelings for Kris. The snow has finally cleared up, and the temperature is slowly getting higher. And the day for couples is almost here. Valentine’s Day. And Chaerin has decided to make homemade chocolates for all of Exo. But Kris’s will be a little more special than the others.

Today is February 13th, and Chaerin is standing in her kitchen overlooking all the ingredients on the counter.  Flipping through a recipe book, Chaerin would mutter, “Too hard…Too complicated…” after every page she turned. Many pages later, she found the perfect recipe, simple and easy. “I think I’ll make truffles…but I want Kris’s to be something else…” Going back to the book, Chaerin quickly flipped the pages until she landed on the page labeled ‘fortune cookies’. “Aha! I could make these, dip it in chocolate and finally…confess.” Reading over all the directions and ingredients, Chaerin got started.  


After slaving away in the kitchen, Chaerin got the results she wanted.  Little chocolate truffles decorated with hearts and then there were two fortune cookies for Kris. Inside, one says ‘I like you’ and the other says ‘Do you?’ Wiping the sweat off her forehead, Chaerin looked at her creations. “I’m finally going to confess. Though with my ego, I would never be able to confess face to face.  Oh well, lemme wrap these up and head off to bed.”

After wrapping them nicely in little baggies, Chaerin jumped into bed, exhausted with all that baking. “It’s tiring, baking for twelve people.” Chaerin mumbled into her pillow. Looking at her nightstand, she noticed it was already 11:30. Well that took a little longer than expected. She curled up under the blankets, letting sleep overtake her. But not before she thought, I hope he doesn’t reject me… 


“Oppa! Happy Valentine’s Day!” Chaerin was greeted by all the girls greeting her a happy valentine’s day, giving her chocolate too. Some even asking for her to date them, but she kindly declined. “Well ain’t someone popular.” Suho teased. “Yah, you better share all that chocolate at lunch today!” Chen whined. Chuckling, Chaerin reached for her backpack and pulled out the little baggies. “Don’t worry, I made some chocolate for you guys.” Surprised by the present, all the boys could do was ogle at the little baggies that were placed in their hands. But when she went to Kris, nothing was put in his hand.

“Hey, did you forget me!” Kris complained, wearing a frown, while everybody else held up their chocolates in a teasing manner. “Oh shoot, I must have forgotten yours at home. I’ll give you yours later.” Chaerin said with a sad expression. But on the inside she was snickering because her plan was going accordingly to plan. She’ll give Kris’s present after school, when they could be alone.

So Chaerin patiently waited. Always checking the cookies to make sure they haven’t broke, and making sure not to let her plan slip. And finally, the last bell rang, as a flood of students crowded the hallways. She scanned the hallways, with her gift held between her hands behind her back. Seeing them round the corner, she was about to yell out to them but the topic of their conversation made whatever she was about to say next simmer down.  Quietly following behind them, she listened to their conversation behind the corner.

“Dude, ask out Chaerin. We all know you like her.” Kai said with crossed arms. Trying to wave off the subject, Kris acted innocent, “What are you talking about. We’re just friends.” Sighs were heard afterwards, clearly displeased with his answer. “Stop being stubborn.” Lay said seriously, tired of Kris acting this way. A chorus of yes’s were heard, agreeing with Lay’s statement. Getting irritated with his friends, Kris slammed the locker and yelled exasperatedly, “I don’t like Chaerin!”  

Chaerin hearing Kris’s confession stepped out from behind the locker and pegged the two fortune cookies at Kris, directly hitting him in the forehead. Upon impact, Kris winced in pain, looking for the culprit so he could return the favor. But his anger subsided once he saw Chaerin running away, and putting the pieces together, she probably just heard their whole conversation. “You idiot! Why do you have to be so stubborn! Come on, let’s go after her!” Xiumin yelled, starting to run after her. A little shocked by their eldest hyungs outburst, they followed suit, going after Chaerin. As they ran away, the two fortune cookies were left on the floor, unread.

Slamming opening the front doors, rain started to pelt Chaerin. Not having her motorcycle with her, Chaerin continued to run, not knowing where just anywhere but here. “,” Chaerin panted as it got harder to run with all the added weight the rain added. Nearing a park, she stumbled onto a bench, catching her breathe. Replaying the events of what just happened over all she could do was let out a sigh. “I knew I shouldn’t have tried confessing.” Chaerin muttered. Bringing her knees up to her chest, she put her head on her knees while hugging them. She tried to contain her feelings but they were finally let out as she let tears fall while the rain continued to pelt her. But it suddenly stopped as she heard a soft voice ask, “Mister, are you okay?”

 Looking up, Chaerin saw a familiar face “L-leo?” A surprised Chaerin stuttered. Looking equally surprised, Leo said, “Chaerin is that you? Why are wearing guy clothes?” Taking a seat next to her on the bench, he held the large umbrella over both of their heads. “It’s a long story.” Chaerin said. Hearing her answer, Leo scooted closer to her. “I got time.” Shaking her head, Chaerin croaked, “But right now, I’m not really in the mood to talk. I kind of just got rejected.” He looked at her face and saw her tear streaked face. As a new tear escaped her eyes, he quickly wiped it away startling Chaerin.  Upon closer inspection, he noticed she was soaking wet.

“C’mon, you’re going to get sick that way. You can dry your clothes at my apartment, it’s only a couple of blocks away from here.” Chaerin was about to open to argue, but at that moment, she heard some familiar voices shouting her name. Looking for the source, she saw Exo running and shouting her name. “Okay, but let’s hurry.” Standing up, Chaerin stuck close to Leo and angled the umbrella so it hid her top half. And as they kept walking, the shouts slowly died away. 


I'm finally back! Sorry for the long awaited update, I've been really busy with school and projects. But yes, I had to add some drama in it otherwise it would be too practical. So what will happen now with Leo in the picture? (And I'm using Vixx's Leo cuz he's my bias) So subscribe, comment, upvote, and I hoped you enjoyed! And please subscribe to my other story I Want to be Your Oppa.