Leo's Apartment

Her Lie

***NOT EDITED***NOT EDITED***NOT EDITED***


The way to Leo’s apartment was quiet one, but it was a comfortable silence. It gave Chaerin time to sort out her thoughts, and the sound of raindrops really helped her feel at peace. Finally reaching the apartment, Leo inserted his key but hesitated turning it. “Just to warn you, I live with five other rowdy guys. Do you want to keep being a guy in front of them?” Nodding, Leo turned the key and unlocked the door. Upon entering the apartment, she was met with not a large nor small apartment. But instead of the serene sound of rain falling, she heard yelling and shouting.

Not sure what to do in this unfamiliar environment, she looked up at Leo, who was rubbing his temple, as if he had a headache. “Follow me so you can meet my idiot roommates.” Leo led the way the den as Chaerin followed, glancing at the walls and decorations along the way. When they reached the den, you could see five boys all cramped onto a couch with their eyes glued to the tv screen. Starting to get impatient, Leo flicked the back of their foreheads. “Hey! Stop playing your videogame, we have a guest.”  

The five clambered out of the couch into a standing position. After straightening themselves out, they stared down at Chaerin. Feeling a little intimidated by their heights and stares, she hid behind Leo’s shoulder. “Everybody, this is Chaerin. He goes to our school and he’s had…a rough day. So he’s staying the night.” Pushing Chaerin forward gently, he introduced his dorm mates. “Chaerin, meet my roommates. Hyuk, Hongbin, Ken, Ravi, and N.” Hesitant, she bowed and then went back to Leo’s side.

“Shy, isn’t he.” Hyuk commented, peering at Chaerin. “Don’t’ worry, we’re nice guys.” Hongbin added, trying to lighten the mood. But still no response from Chaerin. “Okay guys enough. He’s soaking wet, so he’ll be showering first.” Leo guided Chaerin to bathroom. After showing her how to work the shower, he took his leave. Sighing, she stripped off her wet uniform before entering into the steamy shower. Instantly relaxing from the hot water, Chaerin thought about the events of today. How she overheard Kris, running away, stumbling into Leo, and now showering in Leo’s apartment. Done cleaning herself, she stepped out. She grabbed a towel to dry her hair with, but as she was doing so, she heard the click of the door opening.

“Chaerin, Leo told me to bring these clothes to yo-“Looking up, Chaerin met eyes with a tomato faced Ravi. Realizing why, she covered the important places up, as she heard the door slam shut. “Well there goes my plan.” Chaerin muttered as she continued to dry herself. 

Stepping out of the bathroom, she was met with Leo’s roommates with crossed arms. Already knowing what they were going to ask, she just went ahead and explained herself while dinner was being served.  Chaerin braced herself for what they were going to say next, but what met her were eyes of admiration. “Wow you’re so cool noona!” Hyuk said with wide eyes and a smile. “I know, I wouldn’t be able to pretend to be the opposite gender.” N commented while continuing eating. “But hyung, you already act like a girl.” Ken snickered as N gasped with his hand held to his chest like a diva.

Seeing the spectacle in front of her, Chaerin began to chuckle. Upon hearing her chuckling, they all turned their heads in her direction. Noticing the staring, Chaerin stopped her chuckling. “What?” Being the first to break the silence, Ravi said, “It’s just that you were so depressed when you first came in so we’re just, I guess, surprised.” Giving a faint smile, Chaerin replied, “I’m feeling a bit better thanks to you guys. Thank you.” Hearing her words made all the boys blush and break out into smiles.  


As the night continued, the boys and Chaerin joked all throughout dinner, lightening Chaerin’s mood and making her forget about what happened earlier. They talked for hours on end, making Chaerin feel more comfortable around them. But as it became later and later they all started to feel tired.

“I think I’m heading to bed.” Ravi yawned. Everybody agreed as they got up and started stretching. “Chaerin you can sleep in my bed. I’ll sleep on the couch.” Leo said with tired eyes. Feeling bad but not having the energy to argue, Chaerin hummed n response and followed Leo to his room. She immediately plopped down on his bed, just now feeling how tired her body really was. Grabbing her phone out of her pocket she unlocked it and noticed a LOT of missed calls. Who would call this much? Checking, all the calls were from Exo. Rolling her eyes, she turned her phone off as she let sleep overtake her. 


Waking up, Chaerin rubbed her eyes and rolled over. 6:00? Groaning, Chaerin got up and looked outside the window. The sun was just rising and the sky was a bright blue. “I feel like I’ve overstayed my visit. I better get going…” Chaerin said reluctantly. Quietly so as not to wake anybody up, she gathered all her things, but before leaving se left a note. On the note it read, I feel like I’ve overstayed my visit so I’ll be taking my leave first. But thank you for everything, and maybe we’ll see each other in school, who knows? Opening the door, Chaerin breathed in the fresh air, and made her way back to her house. 

On the walk home, Chaerin looked at her surroundings. She saw grandmas and grandpas doing their workout, people walking their dogs, and stores just opening up. She smiled at all this, truly enjoying her walk. It was as if all the stress she’s been having just melted off of her. She made a mental note to take more morning walks on the weekends.

Finally, after about 45 minutes walking, she arrived at her house. But what met her made her bright mood go sour. There, she saw three cars parked in front of her house with twelve guys sleeping soundly in them. I really don’t feel like dealing with this today… Quietly, Chaerin walked to her front door and started to unlock it. But as she did so she heard a car door open. Turing around, a sleepy Xiumin clambered out of the car and started jogging towards Chaerin. “, , , .” Chaerin hissed as she tried unlocking the door. At the last moment, she opened it and slammed it right in Xiumin’s face.

Sliding down, Chaerin let out her breath she didn’t realize she was holding. But just as she thought she was in the clear, she heard more car doors opening, then footsteps, and finally banging on her door. “So ing close!” Chaerin sighed.


First of all, let me apologize for not updating in so long. I've been super busy and stressed about school. I don't know why but the third quarter is always the most stressful for me. Anyways, yes this chapter is short and again I'll apologize for that. I dont know when I'll update again (hopefully soon) but I hoped you enjoye this chapter. Please subscribe, comment (I love reading your comments), and upvote! And I have over 100 subscribers now! Woo-hoo!