Avoiding

Her Lie

Leaning against the door, the pounding continued. Chaerin felt her mind racing as she tried to think of a plan to escape. But how? They’re right in front of her house.  As Chaerin was thinking of a plan, she heard someone yell her name from behind the door. With no more pounding, silence enveloped them as they waited for a reply. Gaining the courage to speak up Chaerin yelled, “What?” From behind the door, the Exo boys all looked at Kris, waiting for him to speak since it was between the two of them. “We need to talk!” Kris yelled, unsure of what the outcome will be.

Remembering what happened yesterday, Chaerin’s anger relit. With clenched fists, she yelled back, “We have nothing to talk about. So if that’s all you came here for, goodbye!” Chaerin got up and went upstairs to her room to get changed and grab her keys despite Kris repeatedly calling her name and pounding on the door. Feeling his patience wearing thin, Kris looked under her mat for a spare key. As if luck was on his side, there was one.

“Hyung, are you really going to go in?” Suho asked unsurely as did the rest. “Yeah, you know how pissed Chaerin sounded. And she could totally kick your if she wanted to. You remember when we first met her.” Chen reminded him. With a devious smile, Kris clasped both of their shoulders. “And that’s why you two are coming inside with me just in case she gets violent. The rest you just watch the door.” As the trio unlocked the door, and went inside, you could hear the garage door opening.

Baekhyun noticing this went around to investigate. Seeing Chaerin walking to her motorcycle with her helmet on, he quickly called the others over. Chaerin noticing him running towards her, she quickly ran to her motorcycle and started the ignition. Grabbing her arm Baekhyun said, “Wait! We just want to talk!” Trying to free her arm, Chaerin spat, “Well I don’t!” Then the rest of the boys came over and started to get close to her. She then realized that they were trying to box her in. But then the door to the garage swung open, revealing Kris, Chen, and Suho. Panic started to set in her, so she yelled, “I will ing run whoever is in my way over!” Scared to be run over, they slowly backed away with their hands held up. And with that, Chaerin sped out of the garage and out into the street.

“Hyung, why didn’t you stop her?” Kai asked. Sighing, Kris replied, “She’s still pissed so I’ll give her more time to calm down. And she can’t run away forever.” 


Speeding down the highway, Chaerin didn’t know where she was going, just anywhere away from him.  She didn’t realize how fast she was going, well until she saw the flashing blue and red lights. So after getting a ticket for going 85mph, she slowed down and went to one of her favorite places.

Upon reaching her designated place, she took off her helmet as she let out a breath. Walking over to the large tree on top of a hill, she saw the lake. Smiling at the scene, she sat down with her back against the tree. She closed her eyes as she breathed in the fresh air. But then she felt something cold and wet fall on her. Opening one eye, she saw thousands of snowflakes start to fall. Gazing in awe at the spectacle in front of her, she truly felt at peace. Closing her eyes, she felt herself start to go out of it. As much as she fought it, she eventually succumbed to a deep slumber. 


Feeling something warm covering her, and someone petting her hair, she opened her eyes. Looking down at her was Dara’s smiling face, and her new blue hair. Confused, Chaerin asked, “Wh-why are you here?”  Still petting her hair, Dara replied, “Your friends came by the café to see if you were there. Something about wanting to make sure you were okay or something. So I reassured them by saying I’ll look for you.” Chaerin frowned at the mention of the boys. “But how’d you know I was here?” Ceasing her petting, Dara gazed at the lake in front of them. “Because before you moved to Japan, this is where we always played together. It was like our secret place. And whenever one of us was upset, we found the other under this tree.”

Chaerin smiled at the memories they made at this place. Sitting up from Dara’s lap, she sat beside her under the tree and shared the blanket with Dara. “Thanks for the blanket by the way.” Chaerin said. Dara smiled. “Well I couldn’t let my best friend go freezing while it was snowing.” As a chuckle escaped Chaerin’s mouth, she leaned down on her shoulder as Dara gently laid hers against her head as they gazed at the lake together.

Having their fill of nature, the duo decided to head to Dara’s house for a much overdue girl’s night. And as any other typical sleepover, they watched movies, ate junk food, and then had their gossip time. When it came around to that time, Dara made Chaerin spill about everything that has happened.

“Wow, you’ve had it rough.” Dara said, flopping down on her bed. Joining her on the bed, all Chaerin could do was groan in response. “But you know, avoiding him won’t solve anything.  Rolling over, Chaerin frowned as she looked up at the ceiling. “I guess you’re right, noona, but I’m not ready to face him.” But just as Chaerin finished her sentenced, she earned herself a slap on her leg. Yelping, she sat up and started to rub her leg as she gave a confused look to Dara. “Yah! Don’t call me noona, call me unnie! And you’re CL the baddest female and you’re telling me you can’t handle boy troubles? What the heck!?”

Thinking over what Dara just said, Chaerin pulled her into a hug. “You’re right. Thanks, unnie.” Smiling, Dara hugged her back. And with that, they turned off the lights and went to sleep. But the next morning, Chaerin had school… 


Waking up extra early so she could go back to her house and change, Chaerin left while Dara was still sleeping. Once dressed and ready, she looked at herself in the mirror as she was adjusting her tie. You can do this. You can face him. You’re CL the ing baddest female. After her pep talk, she hopped on her motorcycle and made her way to school.

Arriving at her classroom, Kris wasn’t there yet so Chaerin mentally thanked the lord for such luck. Sitting at her seat, she plugged in headphones and closed her eyes. But once opening them again after a couple songs, she used her peripheral vision and saw Kris was now in his seat next to her. As she was staring, Kris felt it and turned to look at her. Startled Chaerin looked straight ahead, feeling her heartbeat getting faster as she could still feel his stare. Kris noticing this, decided to and keep staring until class started. 


As class was coming to a close, Chaerin’s confidence was totally crushed. She was not ready to face him. But on the contrary, Kris was determined to talk to her. So once the bell rang, Chaerin booked it. Thinking she would do this, Kris made for a grab at her arm but she was a little too quick as he only brushed her hand. As he saw her run out the door, he slammed his fist on the table while he leaned on the other. “.”

Lunch rolled around, and Kris was looking everywhere for Chaerin. The rest of Exo was helping but no luck either. “I don’t see her anywhere…” Tao mumbled. “Me neither.” A dejected Kris said.  “Maybe she’s not even the cafeteria…” Xiumin thought aloud.

“What am I even doing?” Chaerin sat inside a stall, eating her sandwich. I guess I’m not ready to face him… But how long can I keep doing this? These thoughts ran through Chaerin’s mind. She exited the stall, with a depressed face. Having almost 15 minutes to spare until the bell rang, she started to aimlessly walk the hallways. Looking downwards, she dragged her feet, humming a random tune that came to her head. Until her head bumped into something. Looking up, her eyes met with those of Sehun’s Chanyeol’s, Luhan’s, and Lay’s.

Chaerin let out a gasp, as her eyes grew big. She slowly started to back away with her hands held up. “Uuuhhh…h-hey gu-guys. How have you bee-.” Her sentence was cut short as he back ran into something hard. Afraid to turn around, she in a large breathe, though before even having the chance to turn around she felt her shoulders being grasped. “No running away this time.” With those same hands, they turned her around, pushed her against the lockers, and entrapped her. Gulping, Chaerin found her voice and said, “H-hey Kris.”