Snow Day

Her Lie

*Click* The sound of someone’s phone went off as he took a picture of the scene before him. “Do you think they like each other?” Suho whispered, after Chen took a picture of Kris spooning Chaerin. “I bet they do.” Luhan answered. “How about this. Half of us question Kris while the other half questions Chaerin.” Lay proposed. A chorus of okay’s were whispered. “Now. How should we wake them up?” Baekhyun questioned. Mulling it over Chanyeol devised a plan. “Remember how they said it would snow at around midnight? Let’s drop some down Kris’s back and see what happens from there. Devious smiles appeared on everyone’s faces as they opened the front door to grab a handful of snow. Quietly making their way over there, Sehun dropped the snow down Kris’s back. They quickly hid, as they heard a loud yell from Kris and a scream from Chaerin. They peeked at the scene, and saw Kris furiously wiping at his back, while Chaerin was sitting with the blanket draped around her shoulders, confused as to what’s happening.

“Liked our wakeup call?” Wiping the last of the snow off of him, Kris roared, “THAT WAS YOU!?”, as he pointed at the snickering Sehun. Chaerin walked up behind him, telling him to let it go, it was a simple prank. Sighing, he calmed down and dropped the issue. He’s so whipped, the rest thought. “So um how did you guys sleep?” Chen asked innocently with a slightly higher pitch than usual. With knitted eyebrows, they answered, “Good?” “Is this the reason why?” Chen pulled out his phone, and showed them a picture of them sleeping together. Blushing at the picture they were unable to meet anybody’s gaze. “Care to explain?” 


After explaining the situation, the boys didn’t believe it but they let it go. They had some breakfast, and went outside to play after much complaining from the maknaes. When they walked outside, there was a thick layer of snow, around 10 inches. “Wah look how beautiful it is.” Xiumin exclaimed. “Let’s play!” Sehun and Kai ran forward pushing everybody out of the way, and soon after everybody followed suit. “Way to ruin the moment.” Xiumin said, rolling his eyes, running after everybody else.

They started out by having the typical snow ball fight. Chaerin having a brilliant idea, sneaked inside and went onto the roof by using the window from her room. Looking down, she saw the chaos of the snowball fight happening below. Since no one seemed to notice her absence, she started making snowballs from the snow on the roof. Satisfied with the pile of freshly made snowballs, Chaerin began her attack. “Sneak attack!” She started throwing them down on her unsuspecting victims. She first hit Kris. “Head shot!” Then Sehun, Kyungsoo, and Suho, before they started to retaliate. “No fair, it’s twelve against one!” Chaerin yelled, getting hit by multiple snowballs. Giving up, she climbed into her room, and back downstairs.

“Rahh!” Kris yelled, before he grabbed Chaerin as she opened the front door. “Let me go Kris!” Chaerin struggled in his grip, but he just squeezed tighter, as he lifted her by the waist towards the other guys. “Ready, fire!” And with Kris’s command, they all threw snowballs at Chaerin as her gloved hands covered her face. After the onslaught of snowballs, Kris threw her in a pile of snow, laughing his off. Wanting revenge, Chaerin tugged on his arm, causing Kris to lose balance and fall face first into the snow next to her. Now it was Chaerin’s turn to laugh her off.  

 “Let’s build a snowman!” Chanyeol announced, as everybody agreed. Chaerin feeling tired, took a seat on one of the porch steps. She watched as the boys struggled to roll the snow. Chuckling at the scene, she got her pack of cigarettes out of her pocket, and lit the end on one as the other end laid in-between her lips. “You know that’s bad for your health.” Looking to her left, Chaerin saw Kris bend down and sit next to her. “I know, but it became a habit when I was in Japan,” Chaerin replied. “Then why don’t you quit?” Blowing out the smoke, Chaerin flicked off the ashes at the end. “I’ll think about it.”

With the snowball fight ending and their bodies frozen, they decided to go back inside. “I’ll make some coffee, you guys just get warmed up.” Chaerin said, acting like a mother of twelve boys. “I feel like I got frostbite on my hands.” Kris complained. “Here, warm your hands with your coffee mug.” Chaerin reappeared and passed out mugs filled with coffee and set down a plate of cookies on the table. And that’s how the rest of the afternoon went, with all thirteen on them drinking and joking around. As it was time for them to leave, Chaerin thanked them, “Thanks for coming to check up on me yesterday, I had a lot fun hanging out with you guys.” Kris ruffled Chaerin’s hair, “No need to thank us, that’s what friends are for. We’ll see you at school tomorrow.” Chaerin watched them leave the house, waving at them as they drove off. Friends huh. Why do I feel so discontent when you say that…?  


Nan nappeun gijibae nanan nappeun gijibae nan nappeun gijibae where all my bad girls at? Grumbling, Chaerin stirred in her bed from hearing her loud ringtone. Disorientated, she grabbed her phone and answered with a husky voice. “Hello?” “Hello this is a message from school. There will be no school today-“ Hanging up the phone after hearing no school Chaerin placed it back on her nightstand. Sitting upright, Chaerin felt was dry, so she took a swig of water but that didn’t help at all. Then came a coughing fit. “I better not be sick.”

After getting the same call, Kris went back to bed thinking, Maybe I’ll make a surprise visit at Chaerin’s house today. Waking up 10:00, Kris got ready and drove to Chaerin’s house. He rang the doorbell, but no answer. Ringing it again, but still no answer. Huh, I see her motorcycle. Deciding to call her,  but what met his hears was a husky voice. “Hello?” “Chaerin is that you, you don’t sound too well.” Kris speculated. “Just a bit groggy, I’m fi-“ Chaerin got cut from another coughing fit. “You got sick from playing in the snow, didn’t ya. Let me in.” Kris demanded. “I said I’m fine.” Chaerin said, being stubborn. “I will keep ringing this doorbell until you let me in.” Kris threatened. Not wanting to hear the doorbell constantly, Chaerin gave in. “Okay fine, there’s an extra key under the door mat.

Unlocking the door, Kris looked around for Chaerin but no sign. “Chaerin where are you!” Feeling his phone vibrate, he got a text from Chaerin saying, be quiet you’re so loud! I’m upstairs in my room. Walking upstairs, he saw a room with initials cl. Must be her room. Knocking, Kris heard a faint ‘come in’. Opening the door, what surprised him was that Chaerin’s room was actually…cute. One wall was lined with shoes, expensive ones at that. Then she had a walk in closet on the other side of her room, and she had a collection of stuffed animals.  Someone likes fashion, Kris thought. “I’m still here you know.” A hoarse voice said. “Oh yeah, just got distracted by your room.” Kris sheepishly said.  

Sitting down next to Chaerin, he asked, “What are your symptoms? Have you eaten?” “I have a sore throat, stuffed nose, and I haven’t eaten.” “Well you have to eat, I’ll make some soup. Come on.” Beckoning her over, Chaerin got out of bed carrying her rilakkuma and blanket with her. Cute, Kris thought. Helping her down the stairs, Kris went into the kitchen, while Chaerin laid down on the couch. While the soup was cooking, Kris took her temperature. “Almost 100o. And you said you were fine.” Kris scolded. “Oh shut up.”  

Kris sat on the floor, leaning against the couch. “I never did ask you but, why did you decide to cross dress.” He heard Chaerin exhale a sigh before she answered. “While I was in Japan, the boys treated me as some weakling. I hated it, seeming inferior just because of my gender. So I decided to move back to Korea, but as a boy.” “Hmm. Oh! Your soup’s ready. Be careful it’s hot.” As Chaerin ate, Kris looked through her cabinets looking for some medicine she could take. Finding one with the right symptoms, he gave them to Chaerin to take after she finished eating. “Kris why don’t you sit up here on the couch, you’ll me more comfortable.” “No, I’m fine, and besides it’s better for you to lie down on it.” Not liking his answer, Chaerin replied, “Then let me use your lap as a pillow.” Surprised by what she said, Kris sputtered, “Wh-what?” “Come on!” Chaerin whined. Giving up, Kris got up and sat on the couch, as Chaerin laid her head down on his lap.

Blushing, Kris tried not look down, but would occasionally glance every once in a while. After a few moments, Kris heard soft snoring and noticed that Chaerin was sleeping soundly. Kris looked at her sleeping face, and brushed the hair out of her face. Gently moving her head, he picked her up bridal style and brought her back to her room. Placing her down gently and tucking her in, Kris noticed all the pictures hanging on her wall. One picture was Chaerin and her friends dressed up for what seems like Halloween. Another one is her and a guy together. Have to ask about that one later. And the last two was of her friend and herself having a pool party. Wow…she looks even more beautiful when she’s dressed as a girl. Looking back at the sleeping Chaerin, he knelt by the side of her bed. Kris gave a kiss to her forehead, before leaving. Once he closed the door, Chaerin opened her eyes, touching her forehead. Did he just…? Oh man, I think I’ve fallen for you Kris. 


Chaerin has finally confirmed her feelings, but how will she harbor these new feelings? It's getting interesting! Another update since I have no school from all this freakin snow. So please subscribe, comment, upvote, and hoped you enjoyed.