Friends?

Her Lie

Rushing to put her clothes on, Chaerin quickly grabbed back her uniform, while glaring at all the boys who had their jaws dropped. Finished changing, silence engulfed the whole gymnasium as none knew what to say next. With her head hung low and her bangs covering her eyes, Chaerin whispered, “You can’t tell anybody.” Everybody was about to say okay, but Kris had other plans. “And why not?” He challenged. Balling up her fists, Chaerin looked up at Kris giving him her deadliest glare. “Because I said so, .”

“It’s not very good to curse sweetheart.” Kris reprimanded, wagging his finger at her. Striking a nerve, Chaerin marched over to the nervous Chanyeol, and grabbed her helmet from him before making her way to the exit. But before leaving, she turned around and said, “Fine, do what you ing want. I don’t care. If you tell, I’ll just transfer to a different school. Wait that sounds good actually. Because then I won’t have to see your ty faces anymore!”  Now striking a nerve in Kris, he snapped, “Yah! Don’t talk down on me!” Chaerin replied by promptly giving him the finger. Now seething, Kris ran after her, so Chaerin ran to her motorcycle. Luckily for her, she runs track, so by the time Kris made it to the exit, Chaerin was already on her motorcycle, revving it up. Glancing up one more time at a panting Kris before she drove off leaving a dark puff of smoke.

Watching her form slowly get smaller, Kris let out a sigh and started to chuckle as he sat down on a step. “This is going to be an interesting year. That’s for sure.” 


Flopping down on her bed, Chaerin let out a scream of frustration into her pillow. Rolling over so she could face the ceiling, she felt tears start to brim her eyes. This is not how things were supposed to go. Nobody was supposed to find out, Chaerin thought. “I will not c-cry.” Chaerin stuttered. But after the words escaped her lips, hot tears rolled down the sides of her face. Covering her eyes as the tears wouldn’t stop. She thought, Why was I born a girl? I want to be treated fairly and not ogled at like an object. That’s why I cross-dressed so I wouldn’t be looked down on just because I was a girl. 


The following day at school, Chaerin walked into her class confidently despite having her black eye. But instead of being teased as she expected, a bunch of girls swarmed her asking her what happened. Saying ‘oppa what happened’, ‘are you okay’, etc. Shocked, Chaerin replied, “I just got in a little fight, oppa’s okay.” And then proceeding by giving them her eye smile to reassure them all that she’s okay. Causing all the girls to squeal with delight, saying how cute he is.

“Wow she’s so popular.” Lay observed, as he watched Chaerin be surrounded by all the girls. “HE’S so popular.” Xiumin corrected. “Anyways, we are going to keep his secret, right Kris.” Leaning back in his chair with his feet up, Kris replied, “Of course. It’d be no fun if everyone knew. “

At that moment, Chaerin walked up the aisle towards her desk, ignoring Exo, and promptly sitting down. But to only put her head down to sleep. Exo stole glances at her, noticing at how pretty she actually is and wondering how anybody could think that she’s actually a guy. And that’s how class went, Chaerin sleeping, and Exo stealing glances at her every now and then. When the bell finally rang, Chaerin woke up and stretched. As she was about to get up, one of the taller members of Exo approached her.

“I-I just want to say I’m sorry for punching you yesterday. Please forgive me!” Chanyeol stuttered as he bowed at Chaerin. Staring at his bowing form, Chaerin answered, “You shouldn’t be apologizing for punching me. I hit your friend over there and you were protecting him. What you should be apologizing for is kidnapping me.” And with that, Chaerin walked out of the door, with her bag slung over her shoulder.

Turning back towards his friends, Chanyeol let out a sigh, “I think we all need to apologize to her.” Feeling dismayed when all he received was silence, Kris groaned picking up his bag. “Okay, we’ll ALL apologize at lunch time.”  


As lunch time arrived, the Exo boys walked into the crowded cafeteria. Sitting down at their usual seat, the table closest to the courtyard, they began their search for Chaerin. Glancing at each individual table, but to no avail. You would think looking for someone with blonde hair would be easy, considering the fact only Kris and Chaerin have blonde hair. “Well, I can’t find her. Let’s hang out in the courtyard guys.” Kris sighed, getting up out of his seat, heading outside.

But just as they opened the door, there Chaerin was. Leaning against a tree on top of a branch, with one her legs dangling and her eyes closed. She appeared to not have noticed the group of boys enter outside, as her eyes were still closed. Curious, the boys moved closer to her and noticed she wasn’t sleeping, but actually singing.

“I love you, oooooo I love you oooooo.” Chaerin sang. Feeling eyes watching her, she opened her eyes, and noticed 12 pairs of eyes watching her with awe. Her face flushing, she turned her face and stammered, “How long have you been here?”

As the boys hesitated, Kyungsoo stepped up front and asked, “You sing?” Looking down at the owl eyed man, Chaerin gave a small nod. “Because so do we!” Kyungsoo dragging his friends Chen, Baekhyun, and Luhan, the quartet began to sing 2ne1’s I Love You, where Chaerin left off. Watching with amazement in her eyes, Chaerin actually clapped with smile on her face when they were finished, resulting in four embarrassed boys.

“You’re surprisingly cute when you’re not being all charismatic.” Tao observed as, as he sat in the branch next to her. Surprising her with his sudden entrance, Chaerin fell off her branch and into the hands of Kris as he held her up bridal style. Quickly realizing her situation, she squirmed in his grip, causing her to fall straight on her . Though a guy with dimples quickly helped her up. Dusting herself off, she glared at the tall man, as she started to walk away.

“Wait.” Grabbing her wrist Kris turned her around. “I just want to say I’m sorry about yesterday. We were way out of line, and we promise to not tease you anymore. I hope we can be friends.” Sticking his hand out, he waited for a reply. Chaerin looked at all the boys and saw they all looked very apologetic. Glancing down at Kris’s hand, she slowly grabbed it and shook it. Pulling him closer she whispered, “Look, I trust your friends back there, but I still don’t trust you.” Chuckling, Kris replied, “Then I’ll just make you trust me.”  


Sorry it took me awhile to update this story. It's been really hectic at school TT__TT. Anyways, subscribe, comment, upvote, and enjoy!