IX - Patience is a virtue [ChaBin]

VIXX Fluffy Drabbles

Hongbin walked through the kitchen, while softly humming to himself. He picked up a spoon and started scooping up some of the cake batter he had just made and put it into the molds for cupcakes. After a minute or two, Hakyeon suddenly appeared behind him and put his chin on Hongbin’s shoulder. Hongbin tried not to pay too much attention to his hyung and went on with what he was doing. After another minute of silence, Hakyeon finally spoke up. “What are you making?” Hongbin stopped filling the molds and put his spoon down. All of the batter had been put into the molds, so he put them in the oven and started cleaning up. “What does it look like I’m making?” he answered, while putting the empty bowl where the batter had been in in the sink.

Silence enveloped the air. Hongbin went on with cleaning the mess he made in the kitchen. After he was done, he turned around and found Hakyeon sitting in front of the oven, with his nose almost pressed against the glass. “Careful, it’s hot there,” Hongbin reminded him, before shaking his head in disbelief and walking out of the kitchen, taking a timer with him.

After exactly two minutes, Hakyeon came running out of the kitchen and plopped down on the couch next to Hongbin. “When are the cupcakes done?” he inquired. Hongbin sighed and pointed to the timer on the table. “Eighteen minutes left?! Seriously?!” Hakyeon groaned and slumped down on the couch.

It was silent for a minute, before Hakyeon spoke up again. “How much time is left?” Hongbin pointed to the timer again and went back to reading a book. “Seventeen minutes?! How long does it take for cupcakes to be ready?!” Hongbin sighed and put his book aside. “Well, usually cupcakes take about twenty minutes to be ready. And as you can see, there’s only sixteen minutes left while we speak. Happy now?” “No, I want cupcakes,” Hakyeon pouted. “There will be cupcakes in about a quarter of an hour, hyung. Just bear with it for a little longer, okay?” Hongbin seriously felt like he was talking to a little child, but it was probably the only way to get Hakyeon satisfied. Hakyeon just sighed, stood up from the couch and went back to the kitchen again. Hongbin thought he was probably going to be looking at the oven again and he grabbed his book.

The next fifteen minutes consisted of Hakyeon running into the living room, checking the timer and running back to the kitchen, repeating the action each minute. When the timer finally went off after twenty minutes, Hongbin found Hakyeon jumping up and down in delight in the kitchen. He only shook his head and took some oven gloves to take the cupcakes out of the oven. “Can I-” Hakyeon started, but Hongbin was quick to cut him off. “Just a few more minutes, or else you’ll burn your tongue.” “But I want cupcakes…” Hakyeon whined. Hongbin took Hakyeon’s hands and looked him in the eyes. “Look, I know you want cupcakes, I want them just as badly as you. Just wait for a few more minutes until they’ve cooled down a bit and then you can get one, okay?” Hakyeon nodded and ran out of the kitchen, going to the bathroom to kill some time.

When he came back, he found Hongbin standing with his arm stretched out and a cupcakes in his hand, for Hakyeon to take. Hakyeon quickly grabbed it and took a bite. The deliciousness invaded his taste buds and he put up his thumbs at his dongsaeng. After he had finished the whole cupcake, he enveloped a dumbfounded Hongbin into a hug. “Thank you Hongbin, you’re the best!” He happily skipped away and jumped down on the couch for a quick nap, while Hongbin remained standing there, shaking his head at his hyung’s childishness.

 


A/N: Hello guys, it's been a while right? I'm sorry for not updating for a month, but I had a bit of a writer's block and I'm also really busy with school. I probably won't be updating this for two months, since my final exams are getting really close now and I'm getting a bit nervous. So the coming two months will probably be really silent from me. Also, I didn't keep my promise, since I promised you guys HyukBin.. hehehehee.... I had a drabble planned with them, but it just didn't went the way I wanted it to. So I posted this instead, inspired by how I was baking cupcakes this afternoon and my mom was whining (yes, my mom was WHINING) about wanting cupcakes.

I also have another announcement to make. Me and my sister have started a Tumblr on which we recommend VIXX fanfics on Asianfanfics. Check it out HERE! ^^ And if you have any recommendations for us, just send it and we might just put it up ^^

Take care and until next time! ^^