II - Dangerous Choreography [VIXX/ChaBin]

VIXX Fluffy Drabbles

“... and then you’ll extend your arms like this.”

VIXX was in the practice room, practicing for their comeback. Right now, they were in the middle of learning the choreography for their title track Voodoo Doll.

The choreographer demonstrated the first move of the chorus again. All the members of VIXX tried to mimick him.

“No N, you’re supposed to stretch your arm, like this.”
The choreographer demonstrated the move again.
“But won’t it be too dangerous if I stretch my arm like that? I mean, I might hit some of the members by doing that!” N tried to protest.
“Oh, that won’t be too much of a problem. Only the ones in the front centre and back centre position will have to be careful. Now stop worrying, so I can continue teaching you guys the rest of the chorus.”
N decided not to push the topic any further. He knew that the choreographer was probably right. It was his job after all. So after making sure that he extended his arms far enough to the choreographer’s liking, he joined the other members in the learning the rest of the steps.

*****

After the members had finally learned the steps of the whole chorus, the choreographer started giving positions to each member. N ended up at the front centre position with Hongbin being given the back centre position. The words of the choreographer were suddenly echoing through N’s head. “Only the ones in the front centre and back centre position will have to be careful.”

Looking behind him, he saw Hongbin, who was silently practicing the steps. Suddenly, the choreographer called for their attention. “We will practice the steps without music first, okay?”

They all nodded as the choreographer started counting down for them to begin.

N found out that it was indeed no problem to stretch his arms. He was still far away from the visual, who was dancing directly behind him. Relieved, he started dancing with more passion.

*****

“Okay, I guess the time has come now for you to do the whole routine on music!"

A few days had passed since the members of VIXX had started learning the chorus of the song. In the past few days, they had all went to the salon to get a new haircut and to get their hair dyed. Every single one of them was now donning a black hairdo, with Hongbin having the most interesting haircut. His right eye was covered by his hair, while his left eye was still visible. Right now, he had his hair styled in a certain way though that made both of his eyes visible. It would be more convenient for practice this way.

Suddenly the sound of Voodoo, the intro of their album, started blasting through the speakers. The members of VIXX all hurried to their starting positions, while trying to concentrate as much as possible.

The first verse went pretty well. There was still some room for improvement, but it looked decent enough.

N started to really get into the song and didn’t notice that he stood far too much to the back as the chorus kicked in. He extended his arms and suddenly hit something. There was a loud sound of something falling on the floor and the music abruptly stopped.

Realisation suddenly hit N in the face and he quickly turned around in horror. There was Hongbin, crouching on the ground while clutching his right eye with both hands. The cane that he was holding earlier on now laid on the ground, explaining the loud sound he heard.

“OH MY GOD!! I’M SORRY, HONGBIN!!”

N rushed over to his dongsaeng and apologised a million times. Hongbin let go of his eye and weakly smiled at his hyung and their leader.

“That my hair is long enough to cover my eye doesn’t mean that you have to give me a black eye immediately, hyung,” he joked.
“Yah, such nerves! And then there’s me worrying about you.” N tried to neckchop the younger, but ended up just chopping the air as the choreographer pulled him back to check on Hongbin.

“Are you alright, Hongbin?”
“Yes, hyung. It’s nothing serious, it just hurts a little bit. It will probably become a black eye, but I still have my hair and make-up to cover it.”

N looked at the visual and felt a bit guilty, but also couldn’t suppress a chuckle. Hongbin still had his sense of humour after all. Seeing that he had succeeded in making his hyung laugh, Hongbin punched his fist in the air in victory.

“Hey hey, easy there. I don’t have enough hair to cover for a possible black eye!” Hyuk said, as he barely escaped from getting Hongbin’s fist in his eye. The other members just chuckled at the scene.

“Okay guys, from the top again, and pay more attention this time, N!” their choreographer called.

N sighed. He would have to be careful from now on.

 


A/N: I felt like learning the dance of Voodoo Doll after watching a few tutorials of the chorus by them on YouTube. So I tried to dance it, but almost everywhere in my house was not enough room for extending my arms. So I wondered what happened when VIXX themselves learned this dance. And this is what I came up with, excuse my weirdness. Also, excuse my lame title, my inspiration was suddenly totally gone... >.< Even my sister didn't have any good ideas... >.< Oh, and I actually secretly love the bit where Hyuk almost gets Hongbin's fist in his eye! XD (Oh wait, it's not so secret now anymore XD)