VIII - "Never again" [KenBin]

VIXX Fluffy Drabbles

Hongbin nervously fidgeted with the hem of his shirt. He felt extremely uncomfortable and he was freezing to death as well. He checked his phone to see what time it was for the nth time for the past 15 minutes. Just when he was about to give up and return home, he saw someone running up to him and waving while calling: “Hongbin, Hongbin!!”

“Jesus, Ken, what took you so long?!”
Still trying to catch his breath, Ken tried to answer Hongbin, but only managed to make panting noises. Shaking his head, Hongbin gave up trying to get an answer out of him. “Whatever, let’s go inside, shall we? I’m freezing here.”

*****

After waiting in line for a bit, they purchased their tickets and walked into the hall of the movie theater. Ken said he desperately needed a bag of popcorn, while Hongbin took off to the bathroom. When they met again, it was already time to go to their seats. When they were finally seated, Hongbin asked something that he had been wondering about for quite some time. “What kind of movie are we gonna watch actually?” Ken shrugged. “No idea, it’s a mystery movie. Only thing I know is that it’s rated R.” “Rated R?! This is not some movie or something, right?!” Ken laughed at the shocked expression Hongbin was giving him. “Of course not, let’s just watch, shall we?”

*****

It soon became clear what kind of movie it was. When the first person died with his head separated from his body, Hongbin knew exactly that this mystery movie was some kind of horror movie. He had never been a hero when it came to scary movies, so he wasn’t that happy with it. Actually, he was terrified. At each little sound or unexpected move on the screen, he huddled a little more into his seat. Luckily, he found out that he wasn’t the only one who was secretly scared to dead. Every time something scary would happen, he could hear some faint sounds from his right where Ken was sitting. Hongbin looked over and saw that Ken had put his fists in his mouth to muffle his screams. Hongbin poked his side to get his attention. Ken jumped up in surprise and screamed. Everyone in the theater looked at him, because he had screamed on a moment where nothing was happening. Embarrassed, Ken sank in his seat and whispered a “what?!” to Hongbin. “Do you know if there’s a break in this movie?” “I don’t think there is…” Ken answered. Suddenly, a figure appeared on the screen and the both of them screamed and held on to each other for dear life. When the moment was over, Hongbin realised the awkward position they were both in. While jumping, his leg had ended up on Ken’s lap and his arms were wrapped around Ken’s waist. Silently coughing a bit, he was going to sit back into his own chair, instead of half on top of Ken. When he tried to get away though, Ken grabbed Hongbin’s arm and whispered “stay with me, please?” Thinking that it was better than watching this scary movie alone, Hongbin complied and they both ended up snuggling into each other for protection.

When the movie was over at last, Ken and Hongbin were still snuggled up into each other with their eyes closed tightly. The end had been horrifying and they didn’t really feel like opening their eyes. Hongbin felt someone nudging his side after a little while. It ended up being Ken, who had found out that the movie had ended. They both got to their feet and slowly walked out of the theater, still shaking a little bit.

“Never again,” Hongbin said to his friend when they had finally exited the place.
“Yeah, this was the worst idea in years,” Ken answered with a tiny voice.

Still, the both of them couldn’t deny that it had been a nice bonding time of some sorts. Hongbin couldn’t help but think that maybe this hadn’t been such a bad idea after all.

 


A/N: Just felt like writing a drabble and got the prompt Tickets for Hongbin x Ken on the VIXX Generator. So yayy for KenBin! ^^
I just can't get over how pretty and fabulous Ken's hair is in that GIF!! I swear, Ken's predebut hair was awesome! ^^ While searching for a GIF for this chapter, I seriously fell in love with this ship <33
Also, do you like the new poster? ^^
(Am I the only one that is terrible with coming up with titles? >.<)