Date

Our Worlds Collide

SungJong

As soon as I get to the café, Dongwoo runs up to me and begins bombarding me with silly questions. Of course I don’t answer any of them because I don’t want him to know anything that happened the previous night.

“Sungjong-ah,” he says worriedly, “I know you are annoyed by my overprotectiveness-“

“Hyung,” I interrupt, “I’m not.”

He holds up his hand, silencing me. “It’s just I really worry about you. I feel like you’re going through more than you like to share with me, and that’s okay, but I still want you to trust me. Okay? Can you do that?”

I nod and cast my eyes down towards the floor. He notices more than I give him credit for and I hate myself for not telling him what I tell Howon. But I’m not telling him because I don’t trust him; it’s because I don’t want him to worry about me more than he already does. I’m strong. I can handle it. When I sum it down, it is just a silly dream.

-----

Work is slow again. Customers hardly come in so most of the day I clean. I get a rag and clean tables that are already spotless grab the broom and mindlessly sweep the same spot for half an hour, and I wipe the windows until they are crystal clear, maybe clearer.

Dongwoo left to go to his afternoon classes, leaving me once again alone.

After about an hour of no customers, the bell rings and in walks a customer. He smiles brightly and stares at the menu behind me. At least I think so. He walks to the counter and I stand up behind it.

“Hello,” I greet, doing my best to sound enthusiastic, “Welcome to 365 Café.”

“Ah, yes,” he says, “Can I get a cup of black coffee, no milk, no sugar.”

“Yah,” I say without thinking, “Who likes their coffee that way? Shouldn’t you get something a little more creative or-“ I pause, my eyes widening. “I mean, uh, right away, sir.”

With a bow, I leave to prepare his order. When I get back, he is on the phone. I do my best not to listen, but in the end I do.

“Yah,” he shouts playfully, “I’m here, now quit whining!” He pauses and listens to the person on the other line. “Yeah, whatever, I’ll be there in a bit.”

He hangs up, the other person still talking. I have the urge to laugh, but I don’t. he’d know I was listening.

“Thank you.” He picks up his cup and pays.

-----

At eight, I pack up, and leave when Yoona arrives for her shift. She smiles brightly, tells me a little about her date with her boyfriend, and I leave after a short hug. She’s four years older than me but she is a noona who cares for me as well. We met a couple of months after I moved here and we became good friends.  

On my way home, I don’t pay attention to the world around me. The sun is down and the streets are illuminated by the lamps and the light inside of shops.

When I arrive to my apartment building, no one is outside. I sigh when I see the sign in front of the doors and the urge to rip it apart erupts inside of me. They won. The building is to be taken down in two months, we have to move out in three weeks, or we will be kicked out by the police themselves. I find it cruel that they are doing this to them. I don’t mind, really, but most of the residents here are elderly who barely manage to get by. They chose this place specifically because of how cheap it was. This was bound to happen, though.

The company that is going to buy the land had a gate put up to surround the place. In order to get in, we have to use the cards we were given. This is why I am furious to find out I left mines at Myungsoo’s house.

I smile sweetly at the guard, only to notice that he is not the same one from the other days. Damn it, why today?

“E-Excuse me,” I say, “But I left my card at my friend’s house, so I was wondering if-“

“No.” he deadpans, “No card, no entrance.”

“But-“

“Rules are rules.”

Then he goes back to watching TV in his small office.

I have no choice but to go back to that idiot’s house. The bus is barely about to leave when I get on. Paying, I take a seat at the back next to a window.  After last night, I’m kind of afraid to go back to his house this late. It was awkward, to say in the least, waking up on the same bed as him. Of course I didn’t show it because if I did, he would just laugh at me.

After I get off of the bus, I walk a little bit then get to his building. Literally, it’s his building. Only I began working for him did I find out his family was actually filthy rich, and that he owned the school I went to. For a moment I was afraid his mother would kick me out for what happened, blame me, but I was wrong. She paid me no attention at all.

When I am standing outside at his door, I knock and another person that is not Myungsoo opens it. It is the guy from the café. He smiles widely at me, his gums showing and all. It’s cute. I smile.

“Hey!” He shouts excitedly, “It’s you!”

“Yeah,” I respond, remembering what I did at the café, “H-Hey, is Myungsoo here?”

He opens the door wider and lets me in. I enter and see that Myungsoo is laying on his bed, the cup that the other guy ordered on his bedside table. Oh, I guess it was for Myungsoo then. I fight the blush that tries to spread across my face and instead turn my face into an annoyed one.

“I came for my key.” I get to the point.

He smiles slyly and pulls my card from his pocket. “Oh,” he says, feigning innocence, “This?”

“Yes!” I confirm, “Now give it back before I kick you.”

He calls his friend. “Hey, Sungyeol, catch.” Then he throws it, his friend, Sungyeol, successfully catching it.

They laugh. I turn to Sungyeol and reach out my hand with a glare. I try to intimidate him.

“Please,” I say, “I really need to get home, it’s getting late.”

He asks, “Did you walk here?” I nod. “I’ll drive you back.”

“No thanks, I’ll just take the bus.” With that, I make an attempt to get the card from his hand.

He snatches it away behind his back. “Nope.  I’ll give it back when we get to your place.”

“Fine.”

We leave, Myungsoo shouting at his friend, calling him a traitor or something. His car looks expensive, but he drives so recklessly. He speeds, and he constantly changes lanes. Howon would kill me if he knew I had gotten into a car with a stranger who doesn’t follow the laws of driving. But Sungyeol just talks to me, asking me random questions. Despite just meeting, it isn’t awkward. He makes a comfortable and easy to talk atmosphere and I go along. It takes about fifteen minutes to get to my place and I thank him. When I ask for my card, he begins talking nonsense again.

“For the record,” he says, “I don’t really like black coffee.”

“Okay,” is all I say.

“Anyway,” he goes on, “Do you wanna, maybe, I don’t know, go out sometime?”

He looks away shyly and rubs the back of his neck.

“Sure,” I say, suppressing a smile, “But only if you give me back my card.”

He laughs. “It’s a date.”

“I guess it is.”

We exchange numbers and I leave, waving a quick goodbye to him. He drives off at full speed.

As I enter my apartment, I get a message. My door opens and I drop my phone as I take in what I see in front of me.

 

 

A/N: Well, hello there, lovely people~ I'm back with another chapter! Yayyy! Hehe.

Anyway, of course I HAD to add Yoona! She is my female bias and I love her! /sigh/ She's perfect... 

Well, thank you for reading~ Tell me what you think, as well. I don't bite. (Or do I???)

Comment, subscribe, and maybe even upvote if you likey what you read~ ^_^