Memories

Our Worlds Collide

SungJong

3Months Later . . .

I stare blankly out over the balcony and at the blue ocean. The sun shines brightly over the water, making it seem the perfect shade of blue. My black clothes remind me of the situation I am in and the regrets immediately begin to flood back in. Why didn’t I just get hit by that truck? Why did he try to go hero and save me?

Ungrateful, I know that is what I am, but I cannot help but feel this way. I should be thanking Myungsoo and feeling happy that I am alive. But the burden doesn’t want to leave and where I stand today makes me feel no better. I close my eyes, letting the sun warm up my face and bitter soul, and let myself feel peaceful for a moment. Then a voice breaks through my head.

“Yah,” he says, a hint of pain evident in his voice, “Lee Sungjong, you’re late again.”

He tries to sound mad but there is a tone of playfulness there too. Myungsoo smiles at me as he struggles to walk back onto his bed. His left leg is in a cast and so is his right arm. I check the time and notice that it is half an hour past five.

“Hyung,” I finally voice, “You know your mother said you shouldn’t be walking around. It’ll slow the healing process.”

He smiles again. “It’s good to be rebellious once in a while, you know.”

Rolling my eyes, I make my way towards him and help him to his bed. He grunts slightly in pain and even though he tries hard to hide the pain, I can see it. If I don’t hear it, I can see it from the looks that his face twists in.

The first few weeks following the accident were scary. He didn’t wake up for five days, but no one gave up. His older brother Sunggyu stood there day and night and I began to see why Myungsoo loved him so much. He was a very nice person, his friend as well. Throughout the meetings, however, I also noticed how his parents acted towards him. They ignored him most of the time they went – which was hardly – and when they did talk to him, it was in a dull tone.  Myungsoo must have been all he cared about because he stayed and put up with everything he was faced.

He was the most relieved when his younger brother awoke. Myungsoo was still in bad condition, but he was awake. Sunggyu told me he didn’t care about anything except that he was well and okay.

“Sungjong-ah,” Myunsoo calls, “Would you be so kind as to run to the store to buy me some kimchi jiggae?”

With gritted teeth, I say, “Yes, right away.”

He smirks evilly, well aware of how annoying he is with all of his orders. Grabbing my coat, I head out of the door, Myungsoo’s words of ‘Be careful’ following me as has become his routine when I leave out anywhere.  I am careful to stay on the sidewalk, still traumatized from any cars. Even though it is warm outside,  I pull the hood of my black sweater tighter around me.

The familiar restaurant comes into sight and I look at the place in front of it. The street is being overrun by cars as usual, no one aware of the accident or have seemingly forgotten. it wasn’t a memorable event for them but it was for me. Memories, I tell myself, are either there with you because they are good or bad. This one is bad. For many reasons, actually, the first being I almost died. And the second being that Myungsoo rescued me, leaving me in a lifetime of deb to him. He never fails to remind me either because he knows how much it bothers me.

Gripping tightly onto the glass door, I make my way to the counter where Dongwoo stands brightly. He smiles widely when he catches sight of me and I can’t help doing the same. No matter how bad my day is, his smile is contagious.

“Hey,” he greets me and he asks me how I’m doing.

I huff and remove my hood. “Well,” I reply sharply, “He is still ordering me around. I mean, when I said I owed him my life, I didn’t think he would take it as a lifetime sentence of servitude. The guy’s crazy if he thinks I’ll stick around after he heals.”

Dongwoo bursts into laughter and I squint my eyes at him. He stops and says to me, “You know him well by now, right? I mean, you’ve been his own personal slave for over two months. This, my dear Jongie, is only the beginning.”

“Well so much for support,” I mutter, “Anyway, I need a large order for kimchi jiggae, his highness requests it.”

Dongwoo nods and gets my order.

A lifetime of servitude to that jerk would be a life sentence of death. I’ll be damned if I spend the rest of my life with him, I think bitterly as I am leaving.

 

 

When I get back to his apartment, he is asleep. I have the urge to stuff the stew up his nostril, but I manage to control my frustration. He turns slightly, mumbling some incoherent phrases and I catch my name somewhere in-between.

“What?” I ask stupidly, thinking for a moment that he’ll actually respond.

Instead, he begins to snore slightly. I put his food on the table beside him and pull his blankets over him. When I am close to his face, my body hovering over him, he grabs my wrist and I fall down into the mass of fluffy white blankets. He mumbles again, and wraps his arms around me. He smells of his strawberry shampoo and for a moment, I am dazed by it. Then he stirs again and I am reminded that I currently being held in his embrace. Which feels so warm and safe and I can’t help but think these thoughts. I shake my head and mutter furiously at myself.

“Yah,” I scold myself, “Lee Sungjong get yourself together and get away from him.”

I begin to wriggle my way out when he lets go.

“Sungjong-ah,” he says with a slur of sleep, “I order you to sleep with me.” My cheeks tinge a bright pink and thoughts fill my head a mile a minute before he says, “Just, get under the covers and sleep. You can’t disobey…”

I sigh, mixed emotions filling my body. Then, somewhere along these thoughts, I lose consciousness.

 

 

A/N: Heyyyy, guysss!! Another update, as promised, and hey, this time I didn't take forever! ^.^ Thanks to all the new subbies; I love all of you~ /throws greasy NamHearts/

Comment, subscribe, and maybe even upvote if you likey what you read~ ^_^