One-Night-Stand

Our Worlds Collide

MyungSoo

I know it is a dream when I ask Sungjong to sleep with me because one, I never ask that question; people ask me. And two, when I am in the same bed with someone that isn’t family or a close friend, no actual sleeping gets done.

The fluffy brown head of hair, as a result, cannot be him and I must be dreaming. But one thing makes my dream all too real: the way my body begins to feel when I stare at his sleeping face. Unlike when he is awake, this face is innocent and the bags under his eyes have faded a bit. I, for some stupid reason, feel the urge to hug him closer and I almost do. But as I previously stated, I am Kim Myungsoo and this is not me.

“Yah,” I whisper into his ear, “Lee Sungjong, get up. I am hungry.”

He mumbles incoherently and gets up, scratching his head and rubbing the sleep away from his eyes – which if I need say so myself, look even prettier right now. Then I think he realizes his situation because he jumps up and begins to talk to himself in a quick and hushed voice. His head is in his hands and he is on the floor on his hands and knees. It takes all of my strength not to laugh but I know if I do he’ll leave and I can kiss food away. Food is my main priority right now, honestly.

“Kim Myungsoo!” he finally speaks up, lifting his head, “I have to go-“

I frown. “Really?!” I shout, “You’re just going to take advantage of me and then leave? Wow, Lee Sungjong is a player, huh.”

He turns bright red and begins to say something but he stutters so much I don’t even catch anything. Finally, he stands up.

“T-Took what of you?!” he says, “Yah! You pulled me on the freaking bed!”

After that I kind of trail off; there is no possible way in hell I did that. Now I am kind of thinking my playful words weren’t a joke. Seeing Sungjong the way he is, though, makes me half believe it.

We are in the middle of bickering when the door to my apartment opens and in steps my brother. Behind him is Woohyun and in his hand is food. They smile warmly at me until they catch sight of my guest.

“Oh,” Woohyun greets happily, “Sungjong, you’re here early.”

“Did that brat call you?” Sunggyu asks him, “Sorry, I know he’s a total pain in the .”

“Yahhh,” I say, “I am right here! Hence, I can hear everything you’re saying!”

Sunggyu scoffs. “Here,” he hands me the bag of food, which I gladly accept. “Share it with Sungjong, you selfish bastard and stop hoarding it to yourself.” Then he turn to Sungjong, and says in the nicest voice I have ever heard him speak in, “I’m sorry if you had to come here early, if I had known I would have brought food for you as well but…”

He stares at me with distaste as I gulf down the bagel I was given. Sungjong smiles back, a bit panicked. I guess he doesn’t want them to know he spent the night here or anything. But how couldn’t they know? His hair is still a bit messed up, his shoes are somewhere under the bed, and his clothes are messed up. He should be happy, anyway, that he slept on the same bed as me. But then he must be disappointed since all we did was sleep. Note to self; make sure I for taking advantage of my body. I laugh evilly to myself.

“Hey,” Woohyun speaks, “Aren’t those the same clothes you wore yesterday?”

Sungjong blushes bright red and stutters, “N-No! I, uh, just, well, have them in different colors! Yeah, that.”

“Well, anyway, we’d better go.” Sunggyu says, “Woohyun has a schedule today and well as his best friend-“cue Woohyun’s slight frown- “I have to be there to support him.”

“’Kay,” I say, “Well, bye. Win today, Nam Woohuyn-ssi!”

He laughs and they head back out, Sungjong letting out a relieved sigh. He glares at me when I offer him food. More for me, I say to myself, and continue to stuff my face with whatever Sunggyu brought me. Can’t let it go to waste, can we?

 “Yahhhhh!” Sungjong shouts, stomping his foot, “This never happened. I left home yesterday and got here this morning, got it?”

I smirk and swallow my food, “so that’s it then?” I ask and he narrows his eyes, “All I was to you was a one night stand?”

He blushes again. “You little-!”

“It’s okay, I totally get it.” I say, trying my absolute best not to laugh at his face. His eyes are literally about to fall out of their sockets.

“I have to get to work.” He says and begins to collect his belongings. “By the way,” he says as he is at the door about to leave, “I brought you your darned kimchi stew yesterday. It’s beside you.”

With that, he heads outside.

“Yah!” I shout, “Lee Sungjong!”

“What?” he replies with an eye roll, checking his watch.

“Be careful.”

_____

 

 

Staying in bed all day has its perks. For example, I get to watch TV without being called a lazy bum. Secondly, I don’t have to attend classes, not in person at least. I still have to take online courses. But everything comes with something bad, for me, and this is horrible. A broken leg really is useless when I have to pee. Sungjong refuses to help with that whenever I ask him to because apparently it’s too uncomfortable, even after I brought up the argument that we’re both men.

The crutches my doctor gave me are really slippery and my cast really makes nothing better. Still, my bladder can hold no more, so I force myself up and struggle my way towards the restroom.

It is barely four in the afternoon so I only have to wait one more hour until Sungjong gets here with food. When I am finished using the restroom, I climb back into my bed with the intentions of falling back asleep. I can’t, though, because my arms just want to hug something. Grabbing a pillow, because that must be it, I close my eyes. Damn, there’s no warmth in it. I pull my covers tighter around me and hug the pillow even tighter.

No luck.

In the end, I grab my stereo remote and turn on Woohyun’s song “Time.”  

_____                                                        

 

Nightmares are for children. They are false realities that keep children awake at night, shaking with fear and leaving a sticky layer of sweat covering their bodies. Only children are afraid of nightmares.

That is why I find it odd that I am lying awake scared as well. That woman… She seemed nice so why am I so afraid of her? Just the thought of her makes me shiver and gives me goose bumps. I can still see her clearly. She wore a white dress, it was torn but I could see it, and her face was covered up by her long hair. She had her hand reached out towards me. Her voice never called me, but I knew she wanted me to follow. There’s something about that woman that dragged me towards her, that’s why I followed her.

But why can’t I remember what I saw?

 

A/N: H-H-Hi, guys... Hehe, uhm, well, here's the update. I know I promised more, but a lot of stuff's been happening so... Anyway, happy times with Infinite. I cannot wait for High School Love On! Hopefully it does well! I wonder if there will be kissing scenes, though, because Kim Saeron is so young. She's thirteen! Wow, I'm older than her and she's already so much closer to Infinite! She was on a show with Myungsoo and now she'll be in a drama with Woohyun and Sungyeol! Wahhh, so luckyyy! 

❤ Til next time, lovely readers~ ❤ ❤ 

Comment, subscribe, maybe even upvote if you likey what you read!~ ^_^