Making Out at Work

Ms. Little Wedding Planner

Jungkook’s POV

I woke up the next morning to the smell of an American breakfast, my favorite. I wish my future wife would make me feel like I am right now. And that’s what my triggered my mind about the marriage arrangement. Do I want to marry Boram? I mean, we married for fake on my birthday, 10 years ago, but I didn’t think I would really marry her for real. I wonder if she wants to marry me. I bet she would make a perfect wife.

I walked the stairs and entered the kitchen at my own risk. The foods on the table were all so mouth-watering and I bet if I had one bite of it, I would be in my ‘American world’. My ‘American world’ is when I feel like I am in Los Angeles having an American breakfast, on a bright, sunny day, underneath the palm trees, and sitting by the pool.

“Oh, good morning sweetie. Have some breakfast!” my mom yelled excitedly. Weird, my mom has never been this happy to make breakfast before. Before, she would always yell at me, "Why do I always have to make breakfast for you? You're old enough to make your own." But this morning is different, and also, she's home... when she's supposed to be at work. Usually when she has a day off or start later in the day, she would just sleep in. 

"Where's my mom and what'd you do to her?" I asked.

She just chuckled, "I am your mother silly. You always knew how to crack your mother up." She just, creepily, chuckled as she set the last side dishes out on the table. She looked at me, "What are you waiting for? Dig in! I'll go wake up your sister!"

I looked at my mom, confused. Why is she in a good mood? This is a first. I wonder what is the reason she is this happy... "Good morning oppa!" I heard my sister yell. She snapped me out of my day dream and I continued eating. Oh gosh, you don't know how good the food tasted. The eggs were cooked right, the toast was burned at the right temperature, and my pancakes were cooked evenly and fluffy. 

After finishing my breakfast, I drank my orange juice in one sitting before yelling, "Omma I'm on my way to school now!"

"Okay! Be careful okay?" My mom asked. I nodded and started heading towards the door, "Oh Jungkook-ah, can you drive Boram home? Her parents are going to be out the whole night so can you accompany her until her parents come? Thank you! See you tonight!" My mom yelled before walking upstairs. I wanted to tell her something, but then she was already halfway up the stairs. I sighed and walked out of my house.

I walked to my car and saw Boram's parents leaving their house. I opened my door before yelling across the street, "Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Shim!" 

The two looked at me, and it seems like they were frowning, but as they saw me, both of their faces brightened up, "Good morning Jungkook!" Mrs. Shim yelled.

I scratched the back of my neck, "Where is Boram?" I asked.

Her parents looked at each other and then back at me, "Sadly, she went to work to check up on a few things. But don't worry, she'll be fine." Mr. Shim said. I nodded and bid my goodbye to the two before getting inside of my car and backed out of the driveway. Gosh, I love my car. Call me spoiled, but I got this as a birthday present. She even has her own name, which no one knows of; just me. My car's name is Boram. Yes, just like the one and only Boram. I'm not sure if she remembers, but I made a promise to her that I will name my first real car Boram. Only because she forced me to. But I didn't mind.

I checked my watch after I stopped a red light. I have about 45 minutes until school starts. Might as well check up on Boram. It was going to be my first time visiting her at work. I know the address, I just never been there before. I didn't have any business to be there when we stopped talking after awhile. She got that job when we started to fade. I honestly don't remember how we started fading. I guess I started hanging out with other guys, and spent a lot more time with them. But I would keep an eye on Boram from afar, just in case something happened to her. 

As I was driving to her store, I was trying to make up my mind if I wanted to marry her or not. I honestly don't know why our parents want us to get married. Once I got to her store, I immediately knew what my answer was. I am pretty sure I won't regret. I'll just tell her after dropping her off home.

Her store looked very elegant and neat. Gross. The colors of the walls were light yellow and there were chandeliers all over the place. Not a lot of people were inside, only about two or three couples. But I know for sure it will get very busy as the time flows, and I really mean very. Even though their store is in a small shopping center, it has good reviews from previous customers and was recommended by other couples. I looked online and most of the reviews are about Boram. They would describe her as ‘a small, young teenage girl who knows what she’s doing.’

I took a deep breath and got out of my car. I don’t know why, but I was somehow nervous; maybe because it’s my first time visiting her at work. I entered the store and the door made a jingle because of the bell on the top of the door. Everyone and I mean everyone, turned their attention to me. I looked everywhere for Boram.

“May I help you?” A lady, who scared me, asked. She was pretty, but taller than me. Not exactly my ideal type, but hey, you can’t change anything in a woman.

I cleared my throat before saying, “Umm, I am looking for Shin Boram.”

I swear I saw a smirk go up on her lips, “She uhh, in her office. I’ll bring you there.” I can see that she’s trying to seduce me. How? Well, that smirk she gave me. And when she made me follow her, I can see from my side view that she’s trying to sway her hips side-to-side. I’m not the type of person to check out a girl’s areas, but I can see it from my side view. After a few seconds, she stopped and so did I. Boram’s office was huge, it has two big doors, and glass windows. “You can just go in. Do you need anything else?” she asked.

“No thank you. That’s all.” I gave her a small smile, and I saw her hesitating if she should leave me or not, but then in the end, she left. I knocked on Boram’s door and heard her say, ‘Come in.’ I opened the door and slowly went it; head first.

Boram’s head directed up and she was surprised to see me there, “Jungkook? What are you doing here? You should be going to school.”

“I should be saying the same thing.” I said.

She sighed and face palmed in frustration. I knew why. It wasn’t because of me; it was because of all the papers she has on her desk. And trust me, there were a lot of papers. How does she keep up with this? She looks like a completely different person even though she’s wearing her school uniform. She looks like a mature, young lady who is tired of so much work.

I walked up to her and squad her down as I patted her back saying, “It’s going to be okay. Don’t worry. I’m here for you.”

She looked at me and gave me a genuine smile, “Thank you so much.” I nodded and continued patting her back.

I looked at my watch and saw that we had about 20 minutes left to get to school. It doesn’t take too long to get to school from here. I would say about 5 minutes. “Hey, since we only have 20 minutes, let’s get some coffee.” I insisted.

She sighed in relief, “You’re paying for it right?”

“Oh, I thought that you were going to pay for it.” I said, sarcastically. She chuckled and lightly punched my arm. I winced in pain.

Boram gathered her stuff and I took her backpack, but she didn’t mind. As we walked through the whole store, everyone was staring at us. I didn’t care at the moment. All I cared was getting out of this place. I unlocked my car’s doors with the remote and immediately ran to the passenger’s side; so that Boram wouldn’t open the door herself. She smiled and said, “Thank you.” I gave her smile and closed the door. I put the car in and started driving.

There is this café that a lot of couples go to near our school. I guess that since that was near our school, why not go there? When we got there, Boram seemed excited. Once we got in, I heard one of the workers yell, “Boram-ah!” It was a woman in their mid-twenties. I guess she was in the middle of very pretty and pretty. She ran to Boram and hugged her tight.

“Oh, good morning Ms. oh, Mrs. Choi.” She smiled. “How’s your husband?” she asked.

“He is very nice. And guess what? We’re expecting a baby!” the worker excited said.

Boram’s face was shocked. Note that I was just watching them, “Congratulations! Wait, you guys just got married like a few days ago, how did you find out already?” Boram suspiciously asked.

“Well, let’s just say that we got busy a few weeks before our wedding.” They both laughed. “Anyways, thank you for planning my wedding. I can tell my kids how wonderful your work was.”

“Oh why thank you.” Boram smiled big.

“No problem. And for that, the drinks are on me. What would you guys like?” And now, finally, the worker noticed me.

“Oh no it’s okay, you don’t have to.” Boram refused her offer.

“Hey, a seventeen year old wedding planner who knows what she’s doing? Come on, that’s rare.” She reasoned.

Boram sighed and gave in, “Okay fine, but just this once. Just one caramel macchiato and a peppermint mocha, not too hot.” She ordered. Wow, she remembers what I like to get at café’s.

“Alright, just fine a place to sit, I’ll bring it to you momentarily.” The worker demanded. Boram nodded and sat in the nearest two-seater table.

“And she is?” I asked, curious.

Boram smiled. This is the first day I have seen Boram smile often after awhile. “That worker is Mrs. Choi. I was their wedding planner to the wedding I just did a few days ago. And after that, you picked me up at a bus stop. Remember that kid Junhong?” She asked. Junhong… ah Junhong! The kid who skateboards a lot! I nodded. “Well, that lady is his auntie.” I nodded in understandment.

We got our orders and went to school. For the rest of the school day, Boram and I didn’t really talk to each other. We just smiled at each other in the hallways.

The bell rang and picked her up in front of her class. As expected she was surprised to see me there. I told her that I was going to drive her home, but she said that she had work. Instead of bringing her home, I dropped her off at work. I said that I was going to keep her company until her parents get home, and I will do that. I just sat in a chair in the corner. Of course, her customers would stare at me.

The whole time, I was fascinated at how good Boram is at her job. Never have I seen her in her serious mode. And it looked quite y. And the way she treats her customers is so nice. She knows exactly what she’s doing.

After the nth couple left, her shift was finally over. “Sorry I had to make you wait.”

I shook my head, “No it’s alright. I wanted to.”

She just nodded her head and started shuffling all of her papers around, trying to arrange and organize them. “So, what’s your answer?” she asked, still going over her papers.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

She put her papers down and looked at me, “To the arranged marriage?” she said.

“Oh uh, I’ll tell you later.” I said. I didn’t feel ready, yet.

“I want to know now though.” She made a puppy face that she knows I will give in to. And it worked.

“Ugh fine, here. Let’s do it this way. You close your eyes. And if I leave, then that means no, but if the answer is yes, then I will tell you. But you better keep your eyes closed.” She nodded and closed her eyes. I continued to walk to the door, making sure she can hear my footsteps. I opened the door and closed it. I quietly took off my shoes and tip toed to her. I bet she knows I’m still here. Because if she knew I left, then she would’ve opened her eyes already, but they’re still closed. I was next to her.

I leaned in and cupped her cheek. Her eyes immediately snapped open, shocked at what I was doing, but that didn’t stop me. I stared into her eyes and started kissing her, hoping that she would kiss back. Fortunately, she kissed back. I smiled into the kiss. Now I know what her answer is.

One of the workers was on her way to someone else’s office when she saw someone kissing through the windows of Boram’s office. The lady screamed and threw her papers in the air, squealing. The other workers went to see what the commotion was and saw us. The two of us were so into it that we didn’t stop after about 7 minutes.

After parting we just smiled at each other, “So I guess your answer is yes.”

 

 

 

 


author's note:

I'm deeply sorry that I haven't updated in 5ever, I was so caught up with my new story, that I forgot about my other ones. And lately, I've been trying to update my old ones. And here it is! As a prize for making her guys wait long, I made this chapter 6 pages, on Word, long. I hope you guys like this chapter. I stayed up on a Sunday night just trying to update this for you guys. Until next chapter! Don't forget to smile :D

thanks for reading~saburiina