Lovers Lane Legend

Ms. Little Wedding Planner

‘Omo! Not again!’


Jungkook parted away and rubbed the back of his head, “I-I’ll s-see you later? Uhh, yeah… bye!” he immediately his heel and walked to his class with a worried face on.

Boram blinked and continued to walk to her class. The teaching system worked with one class learning science, another one is learning math, and so on. When the lesson ends, they all get a ten minute break. And once that is done, the students stay in the same classroom, while the teacher goes to a different class. Get me? Yes? No? A little?

As soon as Boram sat down in her seat, which is a window seat at the very back, she took out her ‘Wedding Planner’ book. That means she gets to work on whatever without getting caught. No, Boram was not a slacker; she’s just a girl who sometimes doesn’t want to do work. But when she’s not doing her class work, she takes out her ‘Wedding Planner’ book and worked on everyone’s ideal type of wedding.

While she read someone’s ideal wedding setting, someone’s palms slapped onto her desk. Boram looked up and saw that it was the girl who loves, and I mean, LOVES Jungkook, Kim Maehyun. Once Boram made eye contact with her, Maehyun asked, “Good morning Boram!” and put on her fakest smile ever! “Do you think I can go over to your house today?”

Boram sighed while she turned her head to look out the window, and saw her crush, which no one knows of, Park Baekyung. She faintly smiled and turned her head to meet Maehyun’s eyes again, “I’m sorry Maehyun-ah. I have work after school. Next time?” she said in the kindest voice she can put on.

“Oh no problem. I don’t want to interfere with your work,” she flicked away her hand and went back to her desk.

‘But you just did!’ Boram thought.

*bell rings*

Boram groaned, as she stretched her arms out on her table and leaned her head on it, facing the windows. As the classroom filled up, Boram straightened her back and closed her planner, placing it on the desk next to hers – she has no seat partner (how sad).

A few seconds later, the teacher came in and started the lesson. The first teacher taught them biology. Her first class is always so boring, so she grabbed her wedding planner and opened it.

The first wedding coming up is a young couple – early twenties. And the bride is requesting to also have it at a beach. She wants the entrance arch to be covered with cherry blossoms. And the chairs to be clothed by a white cloth, with a pink ribbon around it. The engaged couple is expecting around 75 people; that’s taking up a whole lot of space, which means more money.

As the teacher continues her lesson, and Boram still planning out her arrangements, the bell rang. All of the students cheered while the teacher exited the room.

“Boram-ah!” her suppose-to-be-best friend, Youngki called. Boram faintly smiled at her as she stood up from her seat. She walked towards her best friend who is wavy at her, exaggeratedly.

“Let’s go to the canteen?” Boram asked. Youngki nodded and followed her. Youngki and Boram have been best friends ever since the start of the year; she was basically Boram’s follower. Boram knew the reason why Youngki wanted to be best friends with her – because she’s very close to Jungkook – and it made her very angry.

“Hey hyung!” a voice called behind her. Boram knew who it was, so did Youngki. Boram decided to ignore it, but Youngki just had to turn around and call him. She turned around with an annoyed face and her eyes widened. The way Jungkook walked down the halls, with sparks flying everywhere, made him look very popular and spectacular.

Youngki squealed and yelled out, “Kookie oppa!” then she started running to him.

‘Kookie? I’m the only one who is allowed to call him that! According to Jungkook’s rule book; and mines!’ she thought.

Boram saw Jungkook’s eyes met hers when Youngki called his name. She just rolled her eyes and her heel and continued walking to the canteen.

“Jungkook! Hey- HEY!” V yelled when he was asking for a high five from Jungkook and Youngki just blocked his way from getting any closer.

Youngki turned around and gave a glare to V; V raised his hands up in surrender and walked away. “Hi oppa! Want to eat lunch with Boram-“ she got cut off.

“I’d love too!” he yelled, smiling while he pushed Youngki out of the way.  Her nose flared and continued to walk behind Jungkook. As soon as he entered the canteen, his eyes were looking for no one other than Boram. Just as he was going to turn around, someone bumped into him.

“Ah sorry,” the voice said. Jungkook looked at the persons face and smiled brightly.

“Boram-ah! Let’s eat lunch together! Here, let me carry this for you!” he excitedly said as he grabbed her lunch tray out of her hands. Boram was confused at the situation happening right now. He was helping her? He wants to eat lunch with her? But most importantly, he was talking to her?

During school hours, Jungkook never really talked to Boram, only after or before school for some reason. Boram never knew why. Or was he being nice only because her family was having dinner over at his house? The world may never know…..

Boram just followed him to wherever. But he forgot one thing, Youngki was following them the whole way! She never gave up on him, even though she knows that they won’t EVER be together. The only reason why she never gave up was because she always had the intention of Jungkook going to her when he needed someone. But that role belonged to Boram, according to Jungkook.

“Oppa!” Youngki yelled as they got out of the doors, leading them to the back of the school.

“Aish you scared me! Don’t ever do that again!” he yelled with one hand on his heart and the other holding the tray, while breathing heavily.

“Sorry oppa, but why are we in the back of the school? What are we going to do here?” she gasped, “Are you giving me a surprise? What kind of surprise is it? Is it something in blue? How did you know my favorite color was blue?” and blah blah blah blah blah.

In every single question she asked, Jungkook rolled his eyes. He turned around to look for Boram and he caught her doing the same thing.

“You know!” Boram yelled as she turned around to face Youngki. “Can you give Jungkook and I a minute please?” she asked cupping her hands together.

Youngki crossed her arms and tapped her toes onto the hard cement ground with a look that says, ‘Should-I-really-give-you-guys-a-minute-alone?’ And every time she did that, that means that she’s jealous. She’s jealous of the fact that Jungkook isn’t fighting back and because he only wants to talk to Boram; and Youngki knows it. “Fine. But you said a minute,” she pointed at Boram who is nodding.

"And can you take this lunch tray with you too?" he asked, handing her the tray. Without knowing what she was doing, she took the tray with her.

Once she left, Jungkook leaned in to her ear and whispered, “Yeah a minute to run away from her. Let’s go!” He grabbed Boram’s hand unintentionally, and started running to the other side of where they were standing; where Youngki can’t see them.

There was a huge tree that can block them from being seen and a bench right next to it. The ground was grass filled with dandelions. Which were Boram’s favorite, and Jungkook knew it; not Youngki. This place is the school’s “Lovers Lane.” Everyone was too scared to go there because of a legend that happened.

“Do you know about the legend that happened here?” Jungkook asked as they were taking a seat on the bench. Boram shook her head. He scootched in closer to her, “It was heard, that exactly a year after this place was called Lovers Lane, two second year students went to this place at 12 midnight. The boy was planning to break up with her that night. As he was leaning in closer to her to give her a kiss….” He started to lean in closer to Boram, “he then grabbed a knife from his pocket and sliced her neck!” he exaggerated. Boram showed no emotion, “And today is the 3rd year since that has happened.”

“You’re kidding right?” Boram scoffed as she stood up from the bench and leaned her back on the tree.

“Don’t touch that tree!” Junkook yelped.

“Why not?” Boram asked.

“Because it was said that if someone touches that tree on this day, every year, then you’ll get bad luck for a month,” he explained.

“And you expect me to believe that? What is it? A chain letter that’s attached to a tree?” she said sarcastically.

“Fine, don’t believe me. But when you go to our dinner and something spills on you, don’t come crying to me!” Jungkook said as he started walking away from Lovers Lane.

“That won’t ever happen Jungkook! And I know it!” she yelled to his back as he continued walking. “Oh, now I’m scared. I’ll try to be careful tonight,” she told herself, biting her nails.

 

 

 


author's note:

What up everyone?! No? Okay I won't do that again. I have updated! (says in a superman voice) I'm sorry I am a day late, it's because I had to go to an airport because of the new terminal opening, and today, I was going Brigade Ball shopping with my friends. What do you guys think of this chapter? Bad? Good? Weird? Speechless?

thanks for reading~saburiina