Be Alright

My Piece of Heaven

 

“Jessica Jung.”

“What?”

“Why are you avoiding me?”

“What? I’m not avoiding you.”

“Yeah right.” She got a hold of my right wrist. “You tell me how this is not called avoiding.”

“I-I’m ju-just…” Think, Sooyeon. Think! “I need to go to the bathroom. Yes!”

“Wow. To the bathroom. You’ve been avoiding me for what?” She sighed. “The whole day. The whole freakin’ day and you decide to go do your business now.”

“…”

“See? You’ve been avoiding me.” She loosened her grip on my wrist. “What did I do wrong this time?”

“Nothing.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” A dorky voice interrupted our conversation. “You told me you were avoiding her beca—HMMPH.” I rushed over the petite girl’s side and covered her blabber mouth with my hand.

Tiffany looked at both Taeyeon and I weirdly.

“You guys are hiding something from me. I can sense it.”

“HMMPH!” Taeyeon continued to struggle within my hold.

“Hey! What’re you doing with my Taengoo?!” Sunny slapped my arm.

“What the hell, Soonkyu?!” I yelled at the raging bunny.

“Let go of my Taengoo!” She demanded.

“Oh, fine.” I let go of the blabber mouth. I then sent her a message through my glare. Taeyeon slowly nodded.

“And what was it that you were about to say, Tae?” Tiffany asked. I gave Taeyeon an intense stare.

“Err, why don’t you just ask Jessica there? I’m sure she knows what I am talking about.” Taeyeon gave out an awkward laugh.

“Are you two fighting again?” Sunny asked Tiffany.

“Not actually. I don’t know…” Tiffany scratched her head. “She’s been avoiding me though.”

“So you’ve been avoiding Miyoung again, Sooyeon?” Sunny raised her brow. I tried not to look her in the eyes.

“I know you too well, Sooyeon. Go fix things up with Miyoung already.” I was expecting for her to rant out on me but the bunny patted my head instead.

“Thanks.” I mumbled.

“We better go then. It’s getting late. You two should go to your room.” Sunny held Taeyeon’s hand and walked out of the living room.

Silence.

“Are you gonna talk to me now or are you gonna talk to me?” Tiffany gave me a comforting smile.

“Do I have any choice?”

“Now that I think of it…” She scratched her chin. “Nope. You know you can’t escape me, Jessi.”

“Am I that easy to read?” I asked.

“Not at all. But the girls know you well. They know it when you’re having a hard time, they know it when things aren’t going the way you want them to be, they know it when we’re fighting, they know it when you’re trying to avoid me, and they know it when I’m starting to hurt you.”

I kept mum. I couldn’t disagree with her because everything that she said was true.

“And I know you well too.” She caressed my cheek. “But there are times when I can’t comprehend what’s going on in that brain of yours. Times like now.”

“I thought you know me well?” I chuckled.

“I do.” She started to rub my right cheek.

“I know that you have a birthmark in your back,”

“I know that you like to drink milk before you sleep,”

“I know that you can’t sleep with the lights on,”

“I know that you hate Totoro as much as you hate cucumbers,”

“I know that you hide a stash of Pepero under your bed,”

“I know that you love eating hamburgers behind Juhyun’s back,”

“I know that you don’t close the door in the bathroom when you’re showering,”

“How did yo--” She shushed me.

“Baby, I’ve been with you almost half of my life. Starting from the time when we were still high schoolers ‘til now. And besides, what’s there to be shy about?” She grinned. “I’ve already seen every single inch of your glorious body.”

I blushed at her comment.

“Let me continue?” I nodded.

“I know that you tease Krystal by calling her Oojung,”

 “I know that you drool and snore when you sleep,” I glared at her.

“I know that you chew your food slowly,”

“I know that you have this particularly ticklish part near your belly button,”

“There’s a lot more on my list and it scares me because I think I know you too well.” She looked at me with her loving gazes.

“But then it hits me. Maybe I still have a lot more to know about you.”

“Like what?”

“Like, how you can keep up with all your busy schedules,”

“How you keep sane after having a stressful day,”

“How you try not to break down when the world’s being unfair,”

“And why you avoid me at times... I just don’t get all those things yet.” She closed the gap between us and she hugged me tightly.

We stood there. Hugging each other like nothing else mattered right at that moment.

Well, nothing else really mattered.

After a few moments of solemnity, Tiffany decided to talk. “Why were you avoiding me?”

I pondered on whether I should answer her question or not.

“Jessi, please?” I sighed. I can never win a silent contest with her. She’s just too… loud and convincing.

“I was just stressed out that’s all.” I muttered through her shirt.

She suddenly cupped my face and looked me in the eyes. “You’re doing it again, Jessi.”

“Doing what?”

“Stressing yourself.” She gently caressed my cheeks. “I told you to talk to me when you’re feeling down and when stress is eating you up.”

“But…”

“I’m here for a reason you know.” She gave out one of her reassuring smiles again.

“I’m here because I will always be your bestfriend,”

“I’m here so that you’ll have a shoulder to cry on,”

“I’m here so that you’ll have someone to talk to,”

“I’m here because I’m keeping my promise,”

“I’m here because I told you that I’ll fight for our love,” I can feel tears slowly streaming down my face.

Then she continued, “I’ll always be here to listen to your worries,”

“I’ll always be here to comfort you when you’re feeling down,”

“I’ll always be here through the good times and bad,”

“I’ll always be here to protect you,”

“I’ll always be here because I care,”

“I’ll always be here because I know you’d do the same for me too,”

“I’ll always be here because it’s the right thing to do,”

“I’ll always be here because I will always love you.”

No wonder I feel so stressed out.

Stephanie Hwang Miyoung’s too perfect.

And I don’t even know if I deserve someone as perfect as she is.

She’s too good to be true.

Her angelic voice brought me back to reality, “Please don’t cry. I hate seeing you cry.”

I chuckled, “You should stop the sweet confessions. They always make me cry.”

“Then do you want me to stop loving you?”

“Ofcourse not!”

“Good. Because if I’ve stop on giving you sweet confessions, then I’ve probably fallen out of love with you.”

“I’m thinking if you’re threatening me or if you’re really threatening me…”

“You’re such a weirdo sometimes, Jessi.” She laughed.

“Same to you, Hwang.”

“We’re totally drifting off the topic.” She her serious mode again. “What’s the cause of your stress this time?”

“You’re too perfect for me…”

“Not again.” She whined. “Jessi, how many times do I have to tell you that it’s not true?”

“…”

“I’m not too perfect. Hell, I even make mistakes during our performances.”

“You know, sometimes I feel like you’re too perfect for me too. But you know what I say to myself?” She lifted my chin.

“I tell myself that I’ll work even harder, that I’ll do anything just to keep up with you because that’s how much I love you. I don’t let stress eat me up,” She paused. “Because we both know that stressing ourselves isn’t really a good thing to do.”

“You really do know the right words to say.”

“I told you that I’ll always be here through the good times and bad.”

“You know what?”

“What?”

“I think I’ll never be able to love anybody else but you.”

“That’s too cheesy, Jessi.”

“Not as cheesy as you.”

“Now that everything’s settled,” She yawned. “It would be an honor to sleep with my princess. Shall we?” She lend out her hand for me.

“Well that was fast.” I told her.

“You still want me to continue on preaching?” She asked.

“Nah.”

“Hey yo, partner! No need to say.” She said.

“No need to say.” I stopped her from her tracks.

“What no--” She was about to protest but I quickly shut and kissed her lips.

“I love you, Steph.”

“I love you too, for an eternity. And if it’s never enough, I’ll love you even if it’s beyond my control.”

“Don’t ever change, Steph.”

“My love for you won’t ever change, Jessi.”

She hugged me and whispered through my ear,

“Remember that, and everything’s gonna be alright.”

 

 

 

 

--

A/N: And kkeut~ How was it? :) The idea for this shot just suddenly popped out on my mind. Haha.

I was supposed to post it yesterday but I didn't have the time to finish it because my mom decided to sit beside me while I was writing... And it was awkward. Lol. So I only finished it today. Hope you guys like it tho.

I consider this as one of my "what-nots" fics/shots. Jessi being stressed out and Tiff comforting her; I love this kind of stories. It never gets old. ;)

 

Good bye vacation, and hello again school days~ -____- I'll be going back to school this monday. Heol. I've just recovered from my sickness and now I'll be returning to school soon. TT____TT No matter, I need to study hard! :3

And congratulations to Yoona x Seunggi, Sooyoung x Kyungho <3 #staystrong

Tho I think that most of the girls are dating right now, I'll keep my faith and surf on the JeTidal wave! SONE forever, surfer forever. ;)

 

Enough with my rantings. Hahaha. P.S.: I might not be able to update soon because of school but I'll still try.

Your comments are very well appreciated. I'll be waiting for it! :D

~ XOXO