Chapter 8

We Belong Together

Minseok woke up with the sound of the pans clanking and the smell of cooking in the air. As he tried to stand up, a great ache visited his head while the bile in his stomach was threatening to come out. Being a stubborn man he was, he walked to the kitchen with shuffling steps and a whirling vision.

There, before the stove, was Luhan cooking (more like mixing) something with the pan. The horrid smell that was decorating the air was making Minseok suffocated. He probably created a noise when Luhan suddenly turned around with the frying pan on his hands. The singer threw him a loving smile but Minseok was too dizzy to fawn over the male's smile.

"What are you doing?" Minseok asked, his face was scrunched in distaste.

Luhan tilted his head at Minseok's groggy voice before raising the pan for Minseok to see. "I'm cooking breakfast," he said.

Maybe, it was because of the mushy look of the egg or the sickening stench of the dish. Or maybe, Minseok was really not fond of eggs anymore. Because, as soon as he saw it, he put a hand on his mouth before storming towards the bathroom to let out the contents of his stomach.

It seems like an unending torture for Minseok as he threw up continuously. He heard the door open with a bang before a worried Luhan rubbed his back. What an irony it was, Luhan was panicking about him yet his hands are making comforting on Minseok's back.

Once he felt his stomach calming down, he tiredly sat down on the floor, looking hazy and sick. Luhan stormed out of the door then returning with a glass of water in his right hand and a towel in his left hand.

"Minseok, are you sick? What did you last eat?" Luhan questioned worriedly as he wiped Minseok's mouth as soon as the latter finished drinking the water.

"Th-- .... eggs." Minseok grunted before lulling his head at the other side.

"What?" Luhan asked, his brows crumpled in vexation.

"Throw the ... eggs. I-I don't want eggs," Minseok murmured as he closed his eyes tiredly. Seeing Minseok sniffling in misery made Luhan's stomach churn. He quietly ushered the smaller guy towards the couch. He then returned to the kitchen, only to stare at the half-cooked egg that he cooked. Keeping the disappointment to himself, he threw the eggs on the trashbin before washing the pan.

He went back to Minseok with a plate of bread and milk. And when he get there, he almost dropped the plate and the glass when he spotted Minseok sobbing quietly. He put the plate and the glass on the table in haste before kneeling before Minseok's bent form.

He then grazed his knuckles at the other's wet cheeks before murmuring, "What's wrong, babe? Is your stomach still hurting?"

Minseok keeps on sniffling as he rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. Without warning, he threw himself at Luhan's neck, catching the singer in surprise. "Sorry!" he sobbed against Luhan's neck.

Confusion played in Luhan's mind as he tried to understand why was Minseok apologizing. Giving up, he let out a for what.

Minseok detached himself from Luhan's neck yet his hands was still on the singer's shoulder. "It's just-- You cooked that egg earnestly. And here I am asking you to throw that. I'm really sorry, Hannie. I'll eat it. Where is it?"

Instead of wondering by Minseok's weird antics, Luhan found Minseok cute with the red nose and the puffed cheeks. He smiled fondly at him before caressing the latter's cheek with his thumb. He then traced Minseok's forearm  and arms before stopping on his wrist. He then brought up Minseok's hand to his lips before placing a kiss tenderly at each fingers, calming the frustrated Minseok.

"It's okay, baobei. As long as you're happy, it will be always alright." Luhan confessed yet the three words he was cherishing to say to Minseok were still clogged in his throat.

The overflowing affection by the singer made Minseok's hiccups stop for a moment. When those lines sank in, Minseok started tearing up again while Luhan just smiled at him before bringing the smaller guy in his arms.

Luhan keeps on kissing Minseok's face while whispering soothing words against his ears. If he can't say those three words, then he should express it by actions. Nothing works more than actions.

Meanwhile, Minseok keeps on sobbing while clutching the other's shirt. Everything is so wrong for him. Luhan's words were making his plans in disarray. The want to have a baby is slowly vanishing in his heart. He wanted Luhan all by himself. But, he knows he can't.

 

 

Junmyeon has a weird belief wherein when he hears the birds chirping as soon as he wakes up, it means that he will have a good day. And with that kind of thinking, he grabbed his phone on his side table before tapping rapidly to create a message.

He send the first message to Yixing when he was on his bed. He send the second when he went downstairs. He send the third when they were eating, making Jongdae threw displeased look at him.He send another after showering. He send the fifth when he was brushing his teeth.

Type. Send. Type. Send. Type. Send. Type. Send. Type. Send.

A pout will appear on his face when he found no response from his idol. And, this was making him sad and uncontented. And when Junmyeon is sad and uncontented, he will turned into this stubborn man. And that explains why there was a popped-up message on his phone telling him that he was blocked in sending messages to anyone.

"What!?" he shrieked in disbelief, making his twin brother jumped on his seat.

"Yah Kim Junmyeon!" Jongdae bellowed with a punch on Junmyeon's arm.

The pain brought by his brother's fist was ignored since he was busy gripping the phone tightly as if squeezing the life out of the electronic device. In annoyance, he stuffed the phone back in his bag before crossing his arms in a childish manner.

"I can't believe I got blocked. I was not doing anything!" Junmyeon huffed, his brows was disformed ina  cute manner.

"Are you ing kidding me?" Jongdae blurted out. "You were bombarding the poor guy with useless messages!"

"It's not useless! It was just sharing stories with your idol!" Junmyeon argued back.

"Well, it looks like your idol doesn't like sharing stories with you." Jongdae said back, quoting the story word with a quotation mark with his hands.

Jongdae expected Junmyeon to fight back but he heard his brother sniffling like a brokenhearted puppy. Guilt rarely visits Jongdae and it was a rare moment to see Junmyeon sobbing before him. So, guilt knocked on his concious.

"Okay. Okay. I'm sorry for ripping your fanboy heart." Jongdae consoled. "Don't you think you're exaggerating?"

Junmyeon turned to him with a confused expression that Jongdae wanted to slap so that his brother could put some senses in his brain.

"Look, you're weird antics is turning into a creepy one. And, I'm worried that you will fall deep in this obsession. Now, I don't want having a brother who is a sasaeng."

The pale boy let out a gasp before slapping Jongdae's arm, making the younger yelp. Being a sasaeng was a taboo word for Junmyeon. He loathed that word and the people who is like that. So, when Jongdae compared him with a sasaeng, Junmyeon can't help but to shudder in fear. He doesn't want to be one.

"I'm not." he whispered more to himself. Jongdae just shrugged at him before turning his look at the bus' window.

"Well, if you really want to stop on your way to that, start by minimizing those messages." Jongdae offered, making Junmyeon gnaw at his lips in thought.

I can't.

"Yes, you can." Jongdae said, opposing his thoughts. "Look, brother. Just choose between these two: stop minimizing those messages or start your new life as a sasaeng."

The bus halted into a stop and they found themselves staring at their university's gates. Jongdae pushed him to stand and hurry to get out or the bus will start. Even though he was being pushed and squished around, Junmyeon was still in deep thought. He doesn't want to be a sasaeng, that's a fact. But, he can't cut the connection that he and Yixing have which is a mere illusion of his.

 

 

Projects, thesis, prototypes and experiments were keeping them busy in these days. Junmyeon started to push away his thoughts about his idol as he worked on his final project in his class photography. Jongdae was racking his brains with a new prototype that he need to present to his professor. Jongin was burying his head in mountain of books as he tried to solve a single calculus problem. Kyungsoo was researching books and articles for his thesis. They are flowing with work in ease and silence. Well, except, for Minseok.

Minseok's mind was scattered everywhere. His programming professor was demanding a running program from him that was due days ago. His plates were unfinished and his mathematics class was making him crazy. To top of all his misery, he keeps on vomiting in morning and scrunching his nose in disgust when he smelled eggs in a dish.

They were sitting in their table, waiting for Kyungsoo to open their lunchboxes. Books and papers that was scattered around the table was neatly stacked now as the smaller boy placed the boxes before him. Minseok's mouth formed into a pout when he discovered bulgogi inside those boxes.

"I told you, Kyungsoo. I want some dumplings." Minseok whined like a child. Kyungsoo just giggled at his hyung's cuteness.

"Sorry, hyung, but that's the only ingredients I have." Kyungsoo said with a patient smile.

"You need to treat me some boba after this." Minseok whispered, making the latter laughed in glee.

"Dig in, guys." Kyungsoo softly muttered with a smile. Minseok didn't waste time in grabbing the chopstick as he aimed for the piece of meat. But before he can even put the piece in his mouth, he dropped his chopsticks on the table and covered his hands again.

Not again. he thought before storming out of the table, leaving the four guys wondering at his actions.

"What is happening to Minseok?" Jongdae asked. "He keeps on throwing up and getting dizzy these past few days."

"Kyungsoo, are you sure you didn't put poison in his food?" Junmyeon asked as he poked the meat with his chopsticks.

"Yah! Kyungsoo-hyung will not do that!" Jongin intervened, his voice was made of anger. Before Junmyeon could ask another question, the bell rings, indicating them that lunchtime is over and classes are about to start in five minutes. The four of them started to groan since they haven't eaten yet. They spent the whole time reading and solving problems and it cost their lunch time.

"You all go first. I'll fetch Minseok since we have the same class." Junmyeon offered, nodding at Jongdae to go to his class.

Kyungsoo hesistantly followed Jongin to their next homeroom, his eyes never leaving the direction where Minseok ran into. Jongdae's next class was designated at the west building so that means Jongin and Kyungsoo were left alone, walking silently in the hallways.

"Minseok-hyung will be fine." Jongin suddenly stated, taking the books in Kyungsoo's arms to carry it. "Don't worry about him."

Kyungsoo turned his head at the direction of the cafeteria before muttering, "Are you sure Minseok hyung will be fine?"

"Yes," Jongin answered with his assuring smile. "He told me it's just a cold."

"Last time I checked, experiencing nausea and craving for dumplings and boba were never symptoms of cold." he muttered to himself while Jongin just shrugged.

They were silently walking towards their room when Kyungsoo suddenly halted, making Jongin stop on his tracks. He turned around to the other and found his face decorated by horror and amusement.

"Kyungsoo, are you alright?" he asked as he brought a hand to feel Kyungsoo's hand. But before he can even touch a span of Kyungsoo's skin, Kyungsoo turned around and began to muttered incoherent things. The only thing that Jongin can hear is that's impossible and he doesn't even have a lover.

A frown etched on Jongin's face and he was about to ask Kyungsoo once again. Kyungsoo beat him to it. The medical student took the books from Jongin's arms and started to cursed under his breath.

"Jongin, tell the professor that I am sick. I'll skip class today." Kyungsoo said abruptly. He looked onto his watch and found that it was still three o'clock. The pharmacy is probably still open. Before he can even take a step to run towards the store, he felt someone tugging his wrist. His face was suddenly mushed up by the cotton uniform.

"Jongin, let go. I need to go." Kyungsoo pleaded.

"Not when you tell me why you are being frantic." Jongin demanded. 

"I promise I will tell you later at home. I just need to go to the pharmacy store first." Kyungsoo insisted as he tried to break free from Jongin's locked grip.

"Why do you have to go to the pharmacy store? Are you sick? I'll buy the medicine." Jongin offered, making Kyungsoo shuddered in annoyance. In a haste of moment, Kyungsoo pulled Jongin's neck and plunged a kiss on the tan boy's lips.

As expected, the grip around his wrist loosened and he was finally free. Smiling in triumph, he apologized to Jongin before running towards the direction of the store. 

Jongin was stunned. He had kissed Kyungsoo before (during the engagement party) but he just realized now that Kyungsoo have the softest and sweetest lips ever. He brought a hand on his lips and touched it, his heart began to beat crazy. Unknowingly, Jongin cracked a smile before staring at the direction where Kyungsoo ran into.

 

 

Minseok was lying on the clinic's bed with a thermometer in his mouth. His friends were getting suspicious about his weird illness. Actually, he was wondering too about his sickness but he always ignores it. He was too busy and emotional to care about what's happening to his body.

The soft mattress under his back was lulling him to sleep and drowsiness was clouding him. A notification tone woke him up from his trance. He quickly felt for his phone and brought the device above his face.

From: Luhan

Did you eat lunch already? Be sure to eat some so you will not feel dizzy.

A smile crept on Minseok's face, making his condition better. He traced his fingers on the screen and began typing a reply. He was about to click the 'send' button when the curtain to his ward was violently pushed to the side, revealing a panting Kyungsoo. He abruptly sat on the bed and stared in wonder at the younger.

"Kyu--"

Kyungsoo walked towards him, cutting his call. He placed the bag he was carrying on Minseok's lap, making the elder glanced curiously at the thing before him. He looked up to Kyungsoo and asked for an explanation.

Kyungsoo heaved a deep breath before asking questions, ignoring the fact that Minseok asked first. "Hyung, have you been experiencing morning sickness?"

"Yes, but I--"

"Are you experiencing dizziness?"

"Yes."

"Do you always feel tired?"

"Good thing, you ask. I do alway--"

"Do you always sleep in long hours?"

"Yes. And because of that, I can't finish a damn homework."

"Do you sometimes crave for a specific food?"

"Ohh, yes." Minseok answered dreamily, pushing the anxiousness he was feeling. "I want some cute dumplings and a mango-flavored bub--"

", you're an idiot, hyung!" Kyungsoo suddenly erupted that made Minseok shock from his actions. Before he can ask a question, the younger male started to spurt professional diagnosis that made Minseok feel that he was talking to a doctor.

"From what I can estimate, you're in your first and a half month. I advise you to eat healthy foods and stop taking the aspirins I gave you. Also, sleep well and try not to stress yourself from school." Kyungsoo paused for a moment before a smile spread on his lips. "A gift will be born by June."

"What are you talking about, Kyungsoo?" Minseok asked, completely in confusion as he stared dumbly at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo's smile turned into a tight line. "Take the test at home. I promise I will not tell anyone. As soon as you got the results, call or message me. I'll be waiting."

"Kyungsoo, what is happening? Do I have cancer?" Minseok asked in a terrified tone, making Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at his hyung's dense mind. So, without hesitating, he turned to Minseok and says everything.

"I think you're pregnant, hyung. Take the test at home. I already told the principal that you need to take a leave."

 

 

Luhan bit his lips as he stared at the scenery outside their car's window. Beside him was Yixing who was chuckling like a madman as he read something stupid (in Luhan's view) in his phone. They were going back to their dorm after recording. Yet, Luhan's mind was not relaxed.

Minseok was not replying to him and it was already four hours since the last message he had sent. Sick with worry, he keeps on nipping his lips as he stared at the horizon. Luhan knows that Minseok is not alright. His love keeps on experiencing nausea and whenever he visits Minseok during the night, he will find the older sleeping in the midst of a messed-up room.

He pulled himself out of his thoughts when he felt stares boring into him. Looking around, he found everyone in the van staring at him as if his nose stretched just like of Pinnochio. He raised a brow to them and Yixing was the first to roll his eyes.

"Manager-gege was asking you if you will return to the Lu mansion after our promotion." Yixing said with an unamused tone before turning back to his phone.

Luhan shrugged a the thought and continued staring at the view outside as his manager keeps on rambling about his mother who was demanding to see his son. It's not that Luhan doesn't want to see his parents. It's just he can't go back to their manor when Minseok was dangerously experiencing an illness. He can't leave him alone like that.

His eyes were scanning the boutiques they were passing as his manager rambles about Luhan's upcoming debut as the next heir of the company. Tao was too amazed by the fact that he was sitting behind an heir that he started to slap Luhan's forearm in awe. His eyes then widened when he spotted a beauty among the stores.

"Stop!" Just like the old times where Luhan screamed those words, everything stopped. The people inside the van turned to him and waited for his next action but they were taken by surprise when Luhan hopped out of the van and strode away from it.

"Where are you going, Luhan?" his manager asked in an angry tone. 

Luhan rolled his eyes before turning to the van. "I will go home alone. I need buy something. And ohh, about my mother, just tell her that I'll come home as soon as I settle .... some things."

His manager narrowed his eyes at him suspiciously. He can smeel the scent of trouble in Luhan's way. If it was not for the continuous beeping of the car behind him, his manager would have dragged him back to their van.

"Be back at six o'clock." His manager shouted before he was left alone on the road.

Luhan waved at the disappearing van. A smirk spread on his lips as he muttered, "I'll be back at six o'clock. In the morning." He then turned his back and began walking to one of the boutiques.

 

 

The chime of the bell greeted Luhan when he entered the jewelry shop. Unlike the jewelry shop he had visited in the past, this one is different. The boutique was decorated of stripes of pale blue and white, making the shop looked serene and simple. He heard a cough and turned towards the stall to see an old man.

"How can I help you?" the old man asked politely with a smile, making Luhan comfortable.

"I'm searching for a ring." Luhan answered as he marvelled at the beautiful jewelry painted of gold and silver.

"A ring for yourself? For a friend? For a family? Or for a lover?" the old man asked kindly.

"For a soon-to-be lover." Luhan answered with shyness even if he was not sure if Minseok will be his lover in the future. But, he doesn't care. His surging love for the elder was making him blind and dumb.

"Can you describe me your soon-to-be lover?" the old man asked as he brought up a box full of beautiful and colorful bands that can catch a person's attention.

"He's .... perfect, beautiful, patient and kind. Someone I can't wish for more." Luhan breathed, his eyes becoming dreamy as he described Minseok.

A chuckle was heard from the other man. "Everyone describes their lover like that." he jokes around, making Luhan laughed slightly.

"How about a flaw of your soon-to-be lover?" 

Luhan was silenced for a moment. He can't answer the question since he had never think about Minseok's flaws. It seems like his eyes only stared at Minseok's beautiful side that he forgot that a person has both a negative and a positive side.

"He's hard to break. He's very stubborn. I can't feel affection or love from him since he had guarded himself carefully. I don't even know his past." Luhan confessed, his eyes dropping down and the beautiful rings were not cheering him up.

The old man stared at him for a moment before he picked up a ring and beckoned the singer to him. Luhan leaned closer and found a simple ring sitting between the old man's fingers. The ring was decorated by scrawls of snowflakes with different shapes.

"Your lover has the personality of ice. Cold and strong like of ice. He showed you his tougher side, the cold side of his, in order to not get hurt." the old man explained. "But, remember, ice can be melted by heat. And that's what you need to do. Melt him with your loving affection."

Luhan smiled at the older man's wise words. Indeed, he needs to thaw Minseok's frozen heart before he can conquer it. So, with a proud smile, he ordered the ring and asked for a velvet box to put on it.

"Are you proposing to him?" the old man asked as he handed the box to Luhan.

Luhan was staring at the beautiful ring inside the box before smiling. "Not yet. I need to tell him first the three words I was keeping since I felt my heart beat for him."

 

 

The velvet box in his pocket was generating heat all over his body. Adrenaline rushed to his body as he ran to Minseok's apartment. A smile was present on his face as he crossed the other side of the road. Excitement, anticipation and love was mixing well inside of him that he started to skip in his steps.

Once he was infront the door, he quietly opened the door with the spare key he has and sneaked inside. Unlike the messy and disarray state he always see, he was greeted by a clean and tidy apartment. He jogged towards the living room, hoping to find the object of his love, but find nothing.

Confusion written on his face, he went to Minseok's bedroom that only has the lights on. He knocked cautiously on the door, ensuring if Minseok was there. But, he got no response.

"Minseok?" he called, his fingers were ghosting on his pocket.

There was a frantic scurrying before Minseok emerged from the bathroom. Once Minseok found Luhan, a wide grin spread on his face. He leaped on Luhan's arms and hugged him tightly as if the younger did something for him.

Luhan smiled at Minseok's behavior. Before he can even nuzzled his nose against the smaller's skin, Minseok pulled away and smiled brightly at him.

"I have a surprise for you." Minseok said, excitement evident on his face.

"Guess what? I have one for you too." Luhan said, his hand quietly sneaking inside his pocket.

"You go first."

"No, you go first."

Minseok was too excited to play pointing games with Luhan that he stretched his lips into a wide smile. "I'm pregnant, Luhan! I'm going to have a baby!" Minseok squealed before jumping on Luhan's arms once again.

The excitement in Luhan's eyes suddenly vanished and was replaced that of horror. His hands froze in mid-air. The smile on his face was slowly disappearing. His whole body froze and so is his heart. The sentence sunk in, dragging his poor heart down.

He's late. ing too late to thaw Minseok's frozen heart.

 


Author's Note:

I updated after 24 hours. That's a WOW!

By the way, since the last chapter was crappy, I decided to post another one.

I hope this is a cool and great update. And, yayy! Minseok is officially pregnant.

Isn't this what you want? /smiles creepily/