Chapter 15

We Belong Together

The soft coos and whimpers that little Sehun let out brought smiles on their faces. After arguing with the impatient Junmyeon, Jongdae was given a chance to carry the little bundle of joy. But, it seems like he was carrying the baby in the wrong way (or little Sehun just doesn't really like him) because the baby started crying. After watching the man half-assed coo the baby to silence, Junmyeon stepped up and took the baby in his arms. Baby Sehun's cries turned into sniffles as he surrendered to the comforting heat that is Junmyeon.

Grumbling under his breath about a show-off brother, the younger twin turned his attention to his bestfriend who was watching the scene with a soft smile on his face. Although fatigue was evident on his face, there was such joy and contentment glowing in his eyes. "Your son doesn't like me." he said in a grumble voice as he sat beside the lying man.

"Who doesn't?" Jongin interjected with raised brow in which he got a punch on his arms. Before he could have a chance to pounce on the younger twin, Yoona and Yuri arrived in the room with an envelope in the heiress' hands and a new set of clothes in the maid's embrace. The maid laid down the clean set of clothes on a table before she asked for the baby. 

Watching his baby being wrapped in new clothes washed Minseok with relief as he eyed how Yuri expertly bundled the little boy in a soft blue blanket. He was snapped out of his thoughts when Yoona tapped him on his shoulder, her beautiful face was scrunched up in worry and tiredness. The heiress' expression brought him back to reality, the reality where snakes littered around the area, aiming for his new born child to be poisoned. Such thought plagued his mind and out of courtesy, he opened his arms, asking for his baby in order to protect him from the cruel world. Once Sehun was snuggling close to his warmth, Minseok placed a kiss on his child's head before urging Yoona to speak.

"This is your new passports and new birth certificates," Yoona announced as she held up the papers in her hands, making the five Korean men to gawked at what she had said.

"I'm sorry. But, what?" Jongdae asked, his voice turned into a squeak of frustration as he processed what the woman just told them.

The heiress closed her eyes for a moment, seeking refuge from the calm darkness as she ran her sentence inside her head. The chaos that the Lu's have done has rested on her shoulders. Although she was never on the Lu's side, she felt the need to save these boys from the upcoming danger that the family will do to them. 

"You all need new identities. In case you are forgetting something, the Lu's are very powerful. With just a flick of their fingers, they can sentence all of you to death." the heiress explained. "They will wait for Yunho's report soon. And as they wait, they will keep an eye on the people getting out and in of the country. They have your names, birthdates, ages, occupations and everything. They know everything about you. So, you can't leave the country as easy as how you enter here." Yoona paused for a moment before she glanced at the Do heir. "Except for you, Kyungsoo. The Lu's didn't know that you are involved with this."

"What are you talking about?" Jongdae shouted. "What if we get caught with this plan? I can't risk it!"

"Well then, choose, Mr. Kim," Yoona snapped as she turned to him, her eyes were burning with determination and power. "It's either you stay here and hide like rats or go back to your hometown and start a new life there. If you go back to Korea, you can bury these memories and throw them away. You could still have the chance to have a peaceful life there."

Jongdae fell silent on the troubled hesistation. The heiress didn't waste time to wait for his reply or opinion. She needs to explain the instructions and the rules to the five boys in order to keep them safe from the Lu's eyes.

"Kim Jongin," Yoona called out. When she spotted the tanned boy sitting nearby the Do heir, Yuri streched her hand and placed a brown folder on his awaiting palm. "Your name in the passport is Kim Kai. Although you're safe from the Lu's eyes, I still change your name in order to not get caught."

"Here's yours, Junmyeon." Yoona said with a smile as Yuri put the profile on his lap. "Your name will be Kim Suho for now. Once you get back to Korea, you can change back your name or keep it."

The heiress then turned to the younger twin, Jongdae, who is still busy deliberating the plan with precautions and possibilities which are running inside his head. "And this one is for you, Mr. Kim Jongdae," Yoona said as she herself gave the profile to the contemplating man. "You will be named as Kim Chen. I--"

"What if this plan failed? What if the Lu's have people in the airport? They can track us down and sentenced us to jail." Jongdae muttered. "Do you have other plans if this backfires?"

The Im heiress blinked at him before taking his hand and placing the folder on his palm. "I assure you that this plan will not backfire. I'm an heiress with the weatlh that can par with the Lu's. Add to that, I am a citizen of Korea. I have people that can help you slip out of this country in ease. Plus, Yuri, here, will monitor your schedule."

"I'm asking for Plan B if Plan A failed," the engineering student sneered at her.

"Well then," Yoona said as she straighten her back. "If Plan A failed, then run as fast as possible as you can. The Lu's are not good with chasing. They don't want to waste their time dirtying their shoes."

Jongdae squinted his eyes at her before he took the folder from her to study the contents. The heiress let out a sigh of relief, mentally patting herself for convincing the stubborn man. She then turned to Minseok who was nuzzling his nose on his newborn child's head with a smile on her face.

Softly walking to his side, Yoona sat on the bed and gave the male a lopsided smile. "I hate to interrupt your moment with your angel, Minseok, but I need to discuss these things with you."

"No. Just go on," Minseok said with a reassuring smile yet his eyes is on his baby who is opening his little rose mouth for a yawn.

"This is your new profile, Minseok," the heiress continued. "Your new name will be Oh Xiumin. I just changed your name and family background in your profile. Unfortunately, unlike the others, I advise you to not change your name. The Lu's are still wary of your existence and they will hunt you down if they discover if you're still alive."

"I know that." Minseok sadly whispered. "It's just... I regretted choosing Luhan of all people," the tired man shifted his arms when he felt his child squirming in discomfort. "If I didn't choose him, we will not be in this situation. I messed not only my life but also my friends' lives."

The heiress shook her head as she placed a hand over Minseok's. The Korean male looked up at her with regretful eyes. "Don't regret that it happened, Minseok. Be grateful it happened. Because if you didn't choose Luhan and this didn't happen, you will not have a beautiful child," Yoona said as she placed her hand over the sleeping child on Minseok's chest.

"He's beautiful, Minseok." the heiress complimented, making the male smile at those words. "C-Can I carry him?" she stuttered.

The Korean male smiled at her, muttering an 'of course' to the air, before he handed the whimpering baby to the woman's arms. Baby Sehun stopped whimpering when a new person enveloped him with a comforting heat. His little whimpers turned into silence as he pressed himself to the warmth.

On the other hand, Yoona felt ecstatic as she swayed the little body in her arms. The feeling of having a baby pressed on her chest and sleeping in her arms revived her determination to see her child. Unlike Minseok who had pressed kisses on his child, the heiress didn't get the chance to kiss her baby. She was taken away as soon as she gave birth to her child and this horrible memory brought tears in her eyes.

"Hello, little child," Yoona whispered, pushing away the past and the tears in her eyes. "From now on, your name is Oh Sehun. You will grow up in Korea to be a good kid and a charming boy. Don't stress your mother or make him cry. Instead, be his source of strength and happiness. Protect him with all you can and I promise you I will protect all of you from your father's family." She paused for a moment as she stared at the baby's smile. "Don't be like your coward father who is afraid to see the truth."

 

 

Their flight schedule will be in eight hours. Although they have all the time in the world to prepare things, Yoona instructed them to get themselves ready. Their duffels and bags were filled with their wardrobes and things which Yuri had fetched for them from their apartments in order to avoid the eyes of the Lu's. Jongdae was complaining about his missing rubber duck when Minseok spotted the heiress, deep in her thoughts. With baby Sehun in his arms, he walked towards the woman with quiet steps.

"Thank you for helping us, Yoona," he whispered when he was near. "I am indebted to you for saving all of us."

Yoona smiled at him in return before ruffling Sehun's baby hair softly. "No need, Minseok. If there is someone who needs to express her gratitude, it will be me. Because of your courage and your love for your child, you gave me hope and strength to fight for my daughter. Thank you." she said before bowing before him.

The Korean man was flustered with the heiress' action. Goodness, Yoona is the most precious diamond of Korea. The people there respect her as if she is their living princess. Aside from being born in a prestigious family, Yoona grew up to a beautiful, intelligent and graceful young lady. No wonder the netizens want her to marry China's prince. But here is the princess, bowing in gratitude to a peasant who almost took her prince away.

"A-after this, a-are you going to marry L-Lu... him?" Minseok asked, his voice laced with hurt that he tried to conceal with a smile.

The heiress straighten her back, her face is void with emotions as she stared deeply at Minseok's brown orbs. "No, I will not." she answered shortly before turning her back to the midnight view outside.

Minseok's eyes widened. "Why?"

"Luhan is a good friend of mine. He is the only boy who knows about my secret affair with my lover. Instead of telling his parents, he chose to shield me from their harshful words and scrutinizing eyes. Well, it didn't work well. My family soon discovered my affair and I was locked up in my room." Yoona stopped from reminiscing the painful past. Instead, she let out a cough to break the awkwardness and sadness away from her. "Anyway, all I want to say is that Luhan will never be mine. Because from the very start, he belongs to you."

There was a long stretch of silence as Minseok pondered the heiress' words. The soft gurgles of his baby and the distinct sound of the twins quarreling is the only sound that passed in his ears.

Minseok and Yoona are alike in so many ways. They were born with aristocrat blood flowing in their veins. They were both mothers. And lastly, they were seperated with their lovers by cruel circumstances. Though they were born and bred from different class and situations, they share the same pain and tears.

"Minseok," Yoona called out in a whisper. The said man looked up, only to stare at Yoona's teary eyes. "Would you do me a favor?"

"Sure."

"If you finally settle there peacefully, will you search for my husband and daughter?" she said in a sad whisper. "My daughter's name is Lee Lauren. She is already two years old. My husband's name is Lee Seunggi."

Minseok didn't have any chance to ask for further details since Yuri interrupted him with a squeal coming from her lips. "I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation, young mistress. But, Mr. Shindong, just called and told me that the private jet is ready."

Yoona, shedding away from her emptiness and sadness, transformed into a confident and brave woman as she told the group to get ready. With a quick words and encouragement here and there, she managed to lead the group a way out of the abandoned clinic. But they didn't go outside using the main door, instead they went out of the abandoned clinic through the back door. They were greeted by trees and bushes as Yuri lead them towards the concealed road.

"What kind of clinic is this? In the middle of nowhere? With trees and bushes concealing it?" Jongdae ranted as he pushed away a hanging branch infront of his face.

The others ignored his rant as they busy themselves pushing their way out of the trees. In no time, they spotted the waiting van on the road. Yuri sighed in content as she helped the others placed their bags inside of it. Shindong got out of the vehicle to help the others since they were taking too long. He stopped on his tracks when he saw Minseok's child.

"A boy?" he asked as he stood before the pale man.

"Yes. His name is Sehun." Minseok answered as he placed another kiss on the baby's forehead.

"Beautiful. Just like his father," Shindong said with a chuckle as he placed his palm on the baby's cheeks.

Minseok stilled on his spot as he watched the older man played with his baby. Of course, he knew that the compliment doesn't belong to him, but it was for Luhan. There's no denying fact that Sehun looks like his wealthy father. The eyes and brows were from him. But, the structure of the face, the lips and the nose screams Luhan in every angle. Out of conciousness, Minseok pulled the baby inside his embrace, vowing to protect his child from the Lu's and Luhan.

"Minseok, we need to go now," Kyungsoo uttered as he placed a hand on the latter's shoulder. With that, he turned to the heiress and bowed before her in gratitude.

"I would like to thank you, Yoona. I would like to express my gratitude for helping us to get out of this trouble." he said with head bowed. "If we happen to meet again, I'll promise to reward your kindness."

Yoona smiled at the heir's words before bowing in return. "Please be safe, guys. Take good care of yourselves."

"I'll open a fansite of you," Junmyeon proclaimed as he took the lady's hand before his. Yoona laughed out of this and nodded at the man's quirk.

"Thank you, noona, for your hard work." Jongin said as he, too, bowed in gratitude. "You too, Yuri. Thanks for the hard work."

The four of them was showering Yoona and Yuri with thanks and cheers. Only Jongdae was left standing behind them, his brow was arched sophisticatedly. When he noticed his friend was not saying anything, Minseok gave him a look saying 'say thank you or you will never touch my baby again'. With that, the graduate student rolled his eyes before bowing before the two women.

"Although I thought the two of you are es before, you prove me wrong. Thank you for helping us." Jongdae recited.

The exchanging of words and farewells were cut short when Shindong told them that they need to go. Minseok asked Kyungsoo to took baby Sehun for a moment, much to Jongdae's dismay. In urgency, the four men stepped inside the van, fighting over the seats like little childrens. Only Minseok stayed on his spot as he stared at the beautiful heiress. Without words, the man hugged the heiress tightly, expressing his thanks.

"A thousand of thank you's will not repay the deed you have done. Sorry for judging you quickly. Thank you. Have a good life, Yoona." he whispered before withdrawing from the hug.

"Good luck on your life, Minseok." Yoona said back as the man stepped inside the van.

Waving to each other, the two women watched the van hit the road and disappeared from their sight. After moments of silence, Yuri turned to her mistress, wanting to ask what is the heiress' next plan and actions.

"I need to go back to the mansion, Yuri." she suddenly said as she stared at the horizon. "I will tell Luhan all about this and encourage the poor guy to chase his love. Start the car. We're going to bring Luhan to Minseok."

 

 

After the conference, Luhan didn't have the chance to turn his head towards the scene of his rampaging fans. He was quickly ushered inside the limousine without words. Though he was displeased by how the bodyguards treat him, he pushed the thought away since he was excited to come home and greet his beloved. He pulled away his phone from his pockets, thinking about sending a message to Minseok about a dinner in a restaurant. Instead of the usual picture of him and Minseok, he was greeted by twenty messages and twelve missed calls.

Anxiousness started to drip from his forehead as he quickly opened his phone. The majority of the messages and calls came from Yixing while one of the messages came from his mother. Choosing to open his friend's message, he was skeptical to find out that the messages were all about their plan. Worry started to eat him alive as he read each messages.

Did their plan failed? Is Minseok fine? Did he watch the news? Such questions plagued his mind.

Luhan planned to attend the conference and proclaimed his 'love' for the Im heiress to lure the fans' attention from Minseok. He had known that the netizens were bashing and throwing hurtful words against the Korean man. And, this made him angry to his own fans. With Yoona's advice and Yixing's intelligence, he decided to protect Minseok from the public's eye.

In order to protect him, the Lu heir told his Changsha friend to explain everything to Minseok. With the explanation clear, Han decided to surprise Minseok with a dinner and a proposal. The boy will accept it. Happy ending.

That is his plan.

But, it seems something is wrong. Yixing's messages don't sound successful or encouraging. They all sound like something is wrong. Swiping the messages with shaking fingers, he came across his mother's message without him intending to do. Alas, his mother's message gave the answer to his question. Tears started to rim his eyes as he read the text message all over again.

"Young master?" his driver asked with concern as he eyed the heir with the mirror. "Is everything alright?"

"Drive me to the mansion quickly."

He didn't mean to be rude and disrespectful. The stress, worry and sadness were mixing inside his heart, making him want to throw up on the clean carpet laid on his feet. The driver didn't say anything. Instead, he fasten the car he was driving. Once the door to the mansion came to his view, Luhan didn't wait for the butler to open the car for him. He quickly opened it to himself and strode inside the mansion with maids and butlers trying to catch his pace.

His parents, who were sitting solemnly on the sofa, rose up from their seat when they spotted their son. Mrs. Lu was about to call his name but Luhan dashed towards his room, wanting to see his assumption with his own eyes. Kicking the door of his room in agitation, the door revealed an empty and clean room.

No, Luhan thought as he stepped inside of it. Like a madman, the heir opened the cabinets with force, trying to find a sole piece of clothing that would resemble his hope. The doors of the cabinets protested with a loud creak as Luhan madly threw his clothes away from it, searching for a thing, a shirt or a handkerchief. But, there is none.

"Luhan!" Mrs. Lu shouted as the piles of clothes and disarray furnitures came in her view. Seeing her son is about to do a rampage again, she ran to him and gripped his wrists tightly. "Luhan, stop this!"

"No!"

Everyone was stupefied when the heir shouted back to his mother. Luhan was known for being a respectful and loving son of the family. he never shout or talk back. His words were perfectly created with politeness and kindness. So, it was a great shock for everyone to hear him shout.

"Don't talk to your mother like that!" Mr. Lu roared, making every butlers and maids shiver in fear. His wife shot him a look before she turned to his son. Putting her palm against his son's cheeks, she whispered comforting words to his ears.

"My Luhan, my son," she cooed. "Stop this nonsense. It is over. Minseok is now gone,"

"No, mother," Luhan muttered, his eyes stared at his mother's orbs, sending her a look of hope. "He loves me. He just accepted my love for him. We were about to have a child and I was supposed to be a father. I--"

"Love?" his mother squeaked as if she was scandalized. "Love, Luhan? He ran away from you with a bag of loot in his greedy hands! He stole a large amount of money from our bank account. He used you, Luhan! He seduced you to get money from our accounts!"

The accusations that his mother carelessly threw at Minseok made his knees weak. The pain that shot his heart gave way for him to drop like a defeated man on the floor. Everything is wrong. Though he doesn't want to believe what his mother was telling about Minseok, the proofs that was shown to him by his father screams that the Korean just used him. All this time, Minseok was pinning for his money. Luhan was about to stood up to defend Minseok from his accusing parents when he heard something on the back of his mind.

Minseok did use you, Luhan! Remember that he used you to have a child of his own. Well, now, he wants your money.

Like a wall that was wrecked into pieces, Luhan's resolution crumbled into dust. The hope he was gripping tightly was snatched away by reality as it slapped him with pain. Shame and betrayal started to control his body as he trembled. His mother was about to hug him again when he shouted, "No! Just .. just go! Close the door! All of you, get out!"

Feeling that they might anger their son more, Mrs. Lu stood up from her position and ushered all of them outside. Glancing one last look to her son, she pushed her husband out of the door to let Luhan calm his raging heart. The Lu's had accepted the fact that their son is their weakness and their strength. This is the reason why they cater Luhan's every whim. Too bad, they don't realize that Luhan's weakness and strength is the boy they had chased away from their mansion.

 

 

"We're here, young mistress." Yuri announced when she stepped on the brake as soon as the mansion came into their view. "Are you sure you're going inside of the mansion all by yourself? I mean, I can help you pack clothes."

"No need, Yuri." Yoona smiled as she pushed her way out of the door. "I'll be quick. I'll just talk to Luhan and convince him to chase Minseok. Then, we're heading to the airport."

Her pretty little maid hesitated at the idea. There was a nagging feeling inside of her, telling her that the heiress' idea is a bad one. But since she has no right to stop Yoona from her decisions, Yuri let the heiress go with an encouraging nod.

The Im heiress didn't waste time as she ran towards the entrance gate of the mansion. She told Yuri to parked nearby the gate so they can get away easily after the ordeal. But, it seems something is wrong with the surroundings. The guards were not present in their usual position when she opened the gate easily. The gardeners were not there to wave and bow at her as they water the flowers. The scurrying maids and butler didn't open the door for her, instead, she did it herself.

With hesitating hands, Yoona pushed the main door of the mansion, only to reveal her parents, sipping their beverages comfortably on the sofa chairs. To say she was shocked was an understatement since her knees turned into jelly as her fear ate her whole body.

"Why, hello there, my dear," her father greeted as he put his cup on the table. He flashed his daughter a smile that Yoona knows will lead to trouble and chaos.

"What are you doing here?" she asked in hysteria, quietly wishing that this is a nightmare.

His father raised a brow at her before standing up from his seat. "Is that how you greet your parents, young lady?"

"I'm not your daughter anymore after you took my happiness and banished me from Korea." her tone a little harsh as she glared at her father.

Instead of scolding his daughter, Mr. Im rolled his eyes and sat down on his chair once again, totally ignoring his daughter's hateful words. His wife was sipping her glass of juice, watching the scene amusingly. Seeing how her husband got burned by her daughter's words always bring laughter and amusement to her blank life.

"Whatever. Hate us as much as you want. You will still marry the Lu heir." Mr. Im chanted childishly as he finished his cup of coffee.

"No!" Yoona bellowed in anger. "I will not marry Luhan! He has someone he loves and I'm already married with someone else!"

"Pulling the married card again, huh?" her father mocked. "Ohh come on, Yoona. Do you think the people will believe you? Do you think this will stop the marriage between you and Luhan? Is that how I taught you to think? You should realize, my dear, that the public loves and adores you and Luhan. Even if you locked us in a room, which I will not mind," he interjected as he winked at his lovely wife. "the people will demand the two of you to marry. No one can stop this wedding."

"Yes, there it is." the heiress gritted. "I have enough proof and evidences about you and the Lu's conspiracy. I will tell Luhan about your plans and secrets! I will bring this family down!" she proclaimed as she turned her heels to stride towards Luhan's room. 

A giggle erupted from her mother, making her stopped on her tracks with a tremble of fear. Yoona grew up to know that her mother is not a vocal person. A word coming out of her mother's mouth means a terrible punishment or a pure anger. Mrs. Im always has her lips sealed in a smile, not letting a word escape from her beautiful lips. With her voice sealed inside , her true personality was also locked up inside that smiling graceful woman. When Yoona was younger, she accidentally saw her mother's true personality when a boy from her class knocked her down. It was terrifying in words as she watched her mother beat the poor boy into pulp. 

"Yoona," her name was wrapped around with velvety voice that was laced with love and adoration. But, Yoona knows it means nothing but anger and irritation. "I would love to appreciate you helping Luhan find his love." she giggled once again, her smile plastered on her face as if it was permanently put on there. "But, what are we going to do with this files we have saved for you?"

The heiress turned to her, casting her a confused look from the stairs. "What are you talking about?" She asked, completely not getting her parents' point.

Her mother let out a squeal before turning the laptop to her daughter's view. She then pressed a key, presenting a video that almost took Yoona's breath away. There, on the screen of the laptop, was her daughter, Lauren, trying to walk to her father's arms. To see her daughter learning to walk in wobbly steps was one of the things that Yoona always dreamed about. Another clip was shown on the screen and it was Lauren uttering the words mama to her father, making the latter chuckled at her daughter's words. Tears started to pool on her eyes as she watched the precious moment of her child on the screen.

"You have a beautiful daughter, Yoona." her mother complimented. And if the heiress was not in this situation, she would have thanked her mother with a kiss on her cheeks. "Too bad, she is not a Lu descendant."

At once, Yoona snapped out of her dreamy state as she turned towards her pouting mother. "What do you want, mother? Is it not enough that you took away my baby from me? Are you spying on my family?" she gritted the question, her knuckles turning white.

"Oh no, Yoona!" her mother gasped, putting a hand on her agape mouth. "You see, your father and I decided to give these precious clips to you," Mrs. Im chanted as she dangled the flash drive before her daughter. Her heart soared like a bird in happiness as she left the stairs and walked towards her mother. She was about to take the flash drive when her mother hid it inside her palms and gave her a sinister smile. 

"If you're going to marry Luhan." she continued, her eyes flashing cunningly. "We're going to supply you with pictures, videos, clips and records of your child. I can even help you talk to her on a phone if you agreed with our plan." A smile crossed her lips as she watched Yoona's resolution crumbled into pieces. Her daughter was staring at the flash drive like a piece of meat yet Mrs. Im knew that she was trying to stop herself.

"I can give those to you every month if you're going to agree with my deal." her voice was not made of silk and velvet anymore. "Marry Luhan. Forget about telling him about the Lu's plan. Encourage him to forget that Korean boy and we will reward you a supply of memories of your precious daughter. Think about it, Yoona. You can see your daughter and witness her life. It is much better than being cooped inside this mansion without knowing about your daughter. Think about your child."

Perhaps being a mother is a different feeling, Yoona pushed away her plans as she reached for the flash drive that contains the memories of her daughter. Emotions overtook her rational thinking. Instead of planning ways to return to Korea, the heiress chose to stay in China and be contented with seeing her daughter on her laptop. Perhaps the feeling of not seeing her child for two years is painful as stab on her heart since Yoona took the flash drive to her hands and brought it to her chest, closing her eyes in order not to see her paren'ts wicked smile.

"Forgive me, Luhan." she thought to herself. "Forgive me, Minseok."

 

 

Luhan was still miserable in his state, crouching in the middle of his disarray room. His eyes were red from crying out for hours. All of a sudden, the door to his room was opened with a bang and a figure stood infront of his pathetic state. A kick was sent ot his legs and this made the heir to sat up from his position, glaring at the person who dared to kick him, only to discover Yuri, Yoona's pretty little maid, infront of him.

"Get up, Luhan! You need to get up now! I'm begging you." the maid pleaded as she frantically glanced towards the door. "You need to chase Minseok or you will never see him again!"

"What are you talking about?" Luhan asked as he let Yuri help him stand up.

"I don't have time to explain. Minseok is now in the airport and he will leave after an hour." the maid said as she glanced at the door, trying to peek if there are people who can hear them.

"He doesn't love me anymore." the heir said, pain shot his system once again.

Impatient, Yuri took the heir by the shoulders and, out of protocol, shook him hard to take him out of his depression. "Luhan, Minseok still loves you! You need to explain him everything. You can make things right once more. Try to do your best, instead of mopping inside this room like a sissy girl."

Luhan was about to retaliate, about to threaten the young lady, but he was pushed towards the door with hurried steps. Before he knew it, he was out of the door of the mansion and was sitting inside of a car. Words didn't have a chance to reach Yuri's ears since the girl buckled up her seatbelt and zoomed on the road.

Out of their knowledge, a pair of eyes were watching from afar.

"Are you sure you don't want to chase them?" Mrs. Im asked sweetly as she sipped on her bitter tea.

"No need." Mrs. Lu waved off. "I don't like chasing rats. I can crush their poor hearts again if they reunite with each other. Now, now. Tell me about the Paris' collection.”

 

 

The airport was filled with few people. Normally, airports were filled with a lot of people but right now, Minseok can count on the heads of the people passing by. Hearing the incoming sobs of baby Sehun, he snapped out of his thoughts to cater on his child. Putting the baby bottle in his baby’s little mouth, he was rewarded with chu sound that Sehun created as he drinks his milk.

“He is so precious.” Kyungsoo complimented as he sat beside his hyung to watch the little creature finish his milk.

“Don’t worry, Kyungsoo. You will have one, too, in the future.” Junmyeon said, eyeing the boy with a naughty smirk on his face.

“What do you me—“ Kyungsoo blushed madly as he registered what his hyung has said. “Don’t think like that, hyung! Goodness, I don’t even think of that.”

Junmyeon guffawed at Kyungsoo’s beet red face while little punches were thrown at him as the younger man stammered an explanation. All this while, Minseok sent them a smile before he turned back to his child, carefully tugging the little bonnet wrapped on his head.

“Let’s go.” Jongin announced as he gave them their plane tickets. “We better go now before the Lu’s can even see us.”

The others nodded at him before they started to pick their luggage. Minseok stopped on his tracks as he searched for Jongdae, only to find his unpredictable bestfriend talking with a flight stewardess.

“Junmyeon,” he called out. “Take Sehun for me. I’ll just drag your brother away from that lady.”

The pale-skinned boy pushed his luggage to Jongin and Kyungsoo as he excitedly opened his arms for the baby. Minseok hesitated for a moment before he placed the sleeping baby to Junmyeon’s arms.

“Mommy will be back soon, Sehun.” He said before he kissed the baby’s forehead, completely ignoring Junmyeon snickering at the word mommy

 

As soon as the entrance of the airport came into view, Luhan didn’t wait for the ca to stop since he quickly pushed the door open to search for Minseok. Good thing, he wore a cap in order to hide his identity as he ran inside the airport.

 

“Jongdae, let’s go!” he shouted, shocking the latter and the woman beside him. “Our plane will take off soon.”

Pouting in disappointment, Jongdae ignored his bestfriend as he turned towards the stewardess and kissed the back of her hand. “I’ll see you soon, beautiful.” He chanted as he winked at her, making the woman giggled.

“Man, do you have to embarrass me?” the man sneered as he walked besides his bestfriend. Minseok stayed quiet as he stared at the gate of the airport, searching and hoping for someone to come.

 

“Mister! Mister! Stop!”

Numerous guards had formed a chaos as they chased the suspicious man who passed by the security system. Luhan ignored them as he ran to search for Minseok.

Minseok! Where are you?

 

“Are you alright?” Jongdae asked as he placed a hand over Minseok’s shoulder. When he realized that his bestfriend was staring at the gate, he gripped on his shoulder gently and smiled at him. “Forget about him, Minseok. Live without him.”

Minseok nodded at the words as he stared at the gate on the ground floor.

 

“Get rid your hands off me!” Luhan screamed as he kicked the guards away from his body. Because of impatience, the heir forgot everything as he threw the cap on the floor, letting the people see his true identity. “I’m Luhan! Now, get rid your hands off me or I’ll fire you.”

Astonished, the guards stepped back from him, letting Luhan free.

Yuri was running behind Luhan, trying to chase the heir to keep troubles away. But, it seems like that the heir attracted more trouble when she found out that the singer just revealed his identity, making a hoard of fans chasing for him.

The maid palmed her face as she chased the singer.

 

“May I have your ticket, Sir?” the flight attendant asked to the foreigner who seems to be in deep conversation with someone.

Junmyeon was jumping on his feet in excitement. Baby Sehun is not in his arms anymore since he gave him back to Minseok after multiple tries of keeping the baby quiet. Excitement rushed to their blood as they displayed their tickets on their hands.

Unlike the four of them, Minseok was still glancing around, waiting for someone that he doubt will appear. Keeping himself busy, he chose to hum a song to his baby as he stepped forward on the line.

 

Luhan was getting impatient as he scanned the surroundings. He was about to turn left when he spotted someone familiar upstairs, standing on the line with something in his arms.

“MINSEOK!” he screamed.

 

Minseok turned around when his name was called. Hope soaring high as he searched for the person who had called him.

“Minseok, I miss you!” a man proclaimed as he opened his arms for the little boy who was running to his father’s arms.

A smile broke out from his face as he took the view.

“Sir, may I have your ticket?” the flight attendant asked kindly. Minseok nodded at her as he showed his ticket.

Glancing once more to the airport, reminiscing the memories he cherished in this mainland, he took a deep breath before he smiled at his squirming little boy.

“Let’s go now, Sehun-ah.” Minseok said as he entered the gateway.

 

 

The man turned around but it was not Minseok. Unfamiliar faces stared bewildered at him after he shouted a name that caught everyone’s attention. Screams and shouts of luhan, look at me, luhan, I’m here were muted down as Luhan’s hope and heart crushed down the floor, breaking into million pieces.

Too late.

It was too late to explain everything. It was too late to proclaim his love. It was too late to stop Minseok to go back. It was too late.

 


author's note:

not a very good update nor a teary one. sorry to disappoint all of you.
anyway, i'm on my way to have my finals. wish me good luck. ;)
okay. we will be entering a new arc of the story which means new characters
new love stories and new conflicts.
so, the next chapter will be the four years after. sorry to skip the baby sehun's
baby stages. i was thinking of creating a new story where it tackles about
sehun's babyhood. no dramas and everything. idk if i will continue it since i'm pretty busy.
anyway, sorry for this lame update. i am rushing right now since i need to study.
hope you forgive me. :)
i guess that's all. have a nice day, ladies. :)