Chapter 7

We Belong Together

The sound of the rushing water from the faucet filled the comfort room. It was a relaxing sound to hear but for Minseok, it wasn't. His face is as white as snow. His cheeks were flushed red from agony. His eyes were rimmed with tears. And, his mouth tasted like stale egg. And, it became a fact that Minseok started to hate eggs. He sighed in relief when his stomach calmed down for a moment, ensuring him that he's already safe from vomiting.

He sat on the comfort room tiles, disregarding the fact that the floor might be dirty. All he wanted was too sleep all through the day and probably wake up with dumplings and mango bubble tea on his side (which is weird since he was not fond of sweet drinks). He doesn't even care if the combination of that taste is weird. He was craving for it and the thought of savoring the sweet taste of those foods made his mouth water.

He was about to compel himself to cut class and make way to the nearest Bubble Tea shop when there was a knock on the door that made him startled. Feeling guilty for taking the public restroom by himself, he quickly swung the door open with a soft mutter of apology. He looked up and was greeted by Jongdae's confused face. Jongdae quickly shoved him inside and crossed his arms, demanding an explanation from Minseok.

"So, what's the derivative of Jongin and Kyungsoo to you?" Jongdae sarcastically asked.

"There's no formula for that derivative." Minseok answered, hoping that Jongdae could drop the issue.

The taller guy let out an annoyed tut and gave Minseok the hardest glare he could muster. "Hyung, is my name really written beside the Minseok's Bestfriend section? Because I can't feel that you're trusting me as your bestfriend."

Minseok gnawed his lips in anguish. Yes, he didn't tell Jongdae about his thirty-eight minute relationship with Jongin because the latter didn't ask anyway. Plus, Jongdae will be furious if he once again learned that his not-so-innocent bestfriend tried to seduce an engaged man.

"So, are you going to tell me or are we just going to stare at each other in this puke-stenched room which, by the way, you need to explain after."

Minseok sighed in defeat. there's no way in the world that he could win or distract Jongdae away from an issue. "Jongin is .... I once asked-...I once asked Jongin to be my donor." he finished.

"What? But, he has a fiancee!" Jongdae bursted out. Things are getting more complicated because of the damn wish that Minseok wanted.

"Yes, I know." Minseok answered as he tried to calm down the enraging man before him. "But, Jongin was the first one to approach me. He kissed me suddenly in order to escape from Kyungsoo."

"Is that the reason why Kyungsoo was pushing you to go to hell?"

"It's obvious, isn't it?" Minseok asked in assurance. When Jongdae nodded and gave off a yes he really hates you, he flopped down defeatedly on the floor and clutched a fistful of his hair. "Goodness! I just want a beautiful child to shower and cherish with my love. I don't need dramas like a child who has an aristocrat blood, deadly fangirls, suffocating medias, an infuriated fiancee who will poison me soon and a crappy bestfriend who vanish like a bubble when his y professor was infront of him." Minseok ignored the hey you ungrateful bastard before he breathed out his anxiety.

Hearing the regretful rant of his friend, Jongdae sat down beside Minseok and patted his back in comfort. "Look at the bright side, hyung. Even if you have a horrible life, you still have a handsome and wealthy prince who granted all your wish and showered you with care and affection."

Minseok was silent for a moment while Jongdae hummed a rhythm with his melodious tone that sounds soothing along with the continuous knock of the door. He wants to say out loud that he doesn't need that prince, too. But, the words were caught on his throat, making it hard for him to let those words out. Who is he kidding? He can't live without his prince.

 

 

The table that was filled with five men a while ago was occupied by two guys now. If Junmyeon's phone didn't ring, he will be probably here with Jongin and Kyungsoo, treating the awkwardness away from them. But, luck was not by his side and he was forced to sit beside Kyungsoo, waiting quietly for the others to come back. Kyungsoo began to packed the lunchboxes, making Jongin can't contain the silence so he opted to start a conversation.

"You don't need to be rude." he awkwardly remarked, making Kyungsoo stopped packing and glanced at him. "I-I mean," he let out a cough. "Y-you don't need to send glares on Minseok-hyung's way."

If other people saw Jongin for the first time, people will think that he's a cool man, a man full of passion and toughness. But, looks are deceiving and Jongin was no cool man. He may have a matured face but he is just an awkward kid, a kid who likes to dance and solve math problems in a speed of light. He's the only boy in his family so that's the reason why his parents want him to grow up quickly and marry him off to a pretty heiress or a rich businessman.

And that rich businessman (more like the son of the businessman) is Kyungsoo. When his parents told him about the engagement and the name of the boy, Jongin was forced to obey what his parents told him. And, he got engaged with Kyungsoo. Jongin might shared the same ring and the same roof with Kyungsoo but he never talked to the elder. He was still upset that a mere boy with adorable lips took his freedom away.

"Ahh." Jongin snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Kyungsoo. "So, now, you're talking to me? I would have been happy to hear your voice if I didn't hear that fiancee thief's name from your lips. How disappointing." Kyungsoo bitterly remarked before continuing what he was doing.

"He's not a thief." Jongin childishly said back.

"Yes, he is. He almost steal my husband." Kyungsoo spat back, sending Minseok death glares.

"I'm not yet your husband." Jongin muttered in a dark tone, making Kyungsoo flinched. "And even if I become one, I will never be yours."

Here they are again with Jongin reminding Kyungsoo that his heart and soul will never be his and his alone. In all honesty, Kyungsoo had accepted that fact. He knew how he made Jongin's life terrible by demanding to his father that he want the boy as his husband. But it was still hard to swallow every bit of disdain from the other when the pain was choking him.

"I know." Kyungsoo admitted in defeat.

There was a long line of silence that stretched in the air. The buzz of the students in the cafeteria slowly vanished as they digged deeper in their thoughts. Kyungsoo was  pulled back from his little world of pain when he heard the screech of the chair on the floor.

"I'm just asking you to be nice to Minseok-hyung and the others. I promise you I will not call off the wedding. Just be nice. Prove to me you're not the spoiled heir I pictured in my mind, hyung."

Before Kyungsoo can contemplate that Jongin called him hyung for the first time, Jongin vanished beside him, leaving him alone with the half-filled lunchboxes.

 

 

Junmyeon was troubled by two things in the cafeteria. The first one is the thick tension in the air when the five of them was merely chatting and eating. And, the second one is the sudden bolting of Minseok from the table, earning him a rude remark from Kyungsoo. He doesn't know what is happening and who is happening in his daily life. Maybe, he was too immersed in his fanboy-ing world that he pushed the reality away from his mind, he said to himself.

And just like how he pushed reality from his mind, Junmyeon forgot all the awkwardness and tension behind when his phone rings. He let out a not-so-manly squeal before running away from their table to answer the call.

"Hello, Yixing!" he chirped once he punched the answer button.

Okay, incase you didn't know, Junmyeon got Yixing's personal (yes. personal!) number during the last fanmeeting. This is the reason why he was doting and showering Minseok care and kisses because the other had managed to do unthinkable things for Junmyeon. Because of Minseok, Yixing gave him his number in order to set-up the chubby boy to China's most handsome man. Junmyeon agreed immediately with an aggressive nod.

He was too excited and too oblivious to care about the reason behind the set-up Yixing was saying because he was drowning in his feels and giddiness that Yixing inflicted to him. Maybe, he was too obssessed in sending messages to Yixing every single hour about every detail in his daily life. But, you can't blame him when he got his idol's personal number.

"Ohh, hey, Junmyan--"

"Junmyeon. Kim Junmyeon. You're number one fan." Junmyeon squealed like a girl.

He later then heard a chuckle, an awkward one, on the other line, making him smile. "Ohh, sorry about that. Ahh, so, Junmyeon, how's it going?"

Yixing probably regret asking that question because Junmyeon suddenly released strings of sentences describing what happened in his day. Junmyeon is probably exaggerating but he was too excited to shut his mouth when can finally talk to his idol on the phone for the first time. Yes, for the first time, Yixing never send him messages or called back once. So, don't blame Junmyeon for feeling like that.

"Really? That's ... great." Junmyeon heard on the other line, making him giggle. "So, how is Minseok doing?"

The question suddenly jumped from Junmyeon to Minseok but Junmyeon was inside his own bubble, not caring about the suspiciou jump.

"Minseok-hyung is doing fine. I guess." Junmyeon answered.

"What do you mean by I guess?"

"Well, he was experiencing dizziness a while ago. And now, when we're eating lunch, he suddenly stormed out of our table because he experienced nausea."

"Really? Is he ... wait a minute, Lu. Is he fine now?" the other asked.

"Yes. He is probably fine by now. My brother follow him to check on him."

"That's good. Thank you, Junmyeon."

Junmyeon was about to ask about Yixing's day when the call went dead and a beeping sound was heard through the speakers. Junmyeon pouted while staring at his phone. But, his pout was then replaced by a smile when he remembered that Yixing, his idol, called him.

A loud squeal escaped from his throat while he jumped in giddiness. He can't believe what was happening. It seems like a fanfic for him and it is actually happening his real life. He was still jumping like a bunny while squealing when the professor in the hallway hushed him with a stern look.

With that, Junmyeon bowed in apology before scurrying out of the hall. He glanced behind him when he felt the stares gone and continue squealing like a girl.

This is what an idol can do over his or her fan. And unfortunately, with this, the idols can control their fans like a robot.

 

 

"I told you, Minseok is fine. Now, let's go back to the practice room." Yixing proclaimed as soon as he hanged up the call with Junmyeon. When he felt Luhan was not moving, he let out an exasperated sigh and put his hands on his hips. "Gege, the boy said your princess is fine. He was just tired. Now, let's go before manager erupt."

Luhan just looked at him with an indifferent expression, making Yixing uncomfortable under the stare. "Yixing, who's on the phone?"

"Your princess' little friend." Yixing answered with an eye roll before strutting to the practice room.

"What is his name?" 

Yixing turned to Luhan and raised a brow at him. When he sensed that Luhan was waiting for an answer, he decided to ransack his brain in order to remember the boy's name.

"Junmyeon. Le-- ahh no, Kim Junmyeon." Yixing answered in triumph.

The look that Luhan gave him was that of disappointment. Yixing started to wonder why does the elder sent him a look like that when he had helped in knowing Minseo's state. 

"You do know you're using him, right?" 

A brow raised on Yixing's face before shrugging like it's not a matter to him. "Well, you want an information about your baozi so I decided to take his number. In that way, you don't need to sneak out of our dorm and check on your lover."

"You are using him, Yixing." Luhan repeated.

"I'm just trying to help you!" Yixing bellowed back. The stress and fatigue was mixing inside of him. And, Luhan's ungrateful outburst was making him irritated.

"That's not the point. You're using your fan in order to get information from him." Luhan said in a rough tone.

"So?" Yixing shrugged. "He is just a fan."

Luhan let out an offended gasp before shaking his head in disappointment. "You know-- just forget it." Luhan said before walking away from Yixing.

Yixing was dumbfounded by Luhan's actions. He was just trying to help the elder to reach his lover. He was keeping him and them from trouble since the media is getting suspicious about the hooded guy who keeps coming out of their dorm at night.

"Yixing," Luhan called out yet his back was on Yixing. "A fan has the purest heart of all people. Don't taint or break it."

With that, Luhan disappeared before him, leaving Yixing wondering about the sentence Luhan dropped.

 

 

Kyungsoo was sitting on the bench before the Discrete mathematics class doorwh. He was nipping his lower lip while his fingers continue fiddling the wrapper of the aspirin box on his lap. 

Prove to me you're not the spoiled heir I pictured in my mind, hyung.

Jongin's statement keeps on ringing inside his head. It seems like Jongin give him a hint how to be likable in the latter's eyes. Blinded by love, Kyungsoo decided to prove that he was nice and kind. And by means of proving it is by treating kindly the man who almost take his love.

The bell rings, indicating that classes are over and waiting was done. He watched the students flow out of the room, chattering and laughing as they go to their next designated class. Five minutes passed, the professor went out of the room, nodding at Kyungsoo in acknowledgement. Seconds ticked, the person Kyungsoo was waiting was still not coming out.

Did he not go to class today? Is he really sick? How about these aspirins I bought?

His questions were answered when he caught a glimpse of a pale brunette boy who was walking out of the room. The said boy looked up and was surprised to see Kyungsoo waiting before him.

Kyungsoo walked towards him with calm steps before placing the box of aspirin at the latter's hand. "For your nausea." Kyungsoo added, making the latter smiled at him awkwardly.

"T-thank you." Minseok said while taking the box from Kyungsoo's hands.

"Don't thank me. Thank Jongin." Kyungsoo flatly informed, making Minseok flinched at the younger's tone. "Besides, I want to get to know the person who Jongin kissed infront of me."

Minseok can spell trouble in Kyungsoo's sentence. But, he can spell war when he denied the younger's offer. So, with an awkward nod, Minseok followed Kyungsoo to the school's yard, thanking the gods that it is a known place. It will be easy to find his body if Kyungsoo decided to poison him for real.

The school's yard was unoccupied when they arrived there. Classes are still going. And, Minseok was fortunate that his professor informed them a week ago that he will be absent in this day because of a seminar.

"Don't you have classes?" Minseok asked as he watched Kyungsoo take the seat beside him.

"If you're trying to escape from me, sorry to inform you, but I don't have classes until three." Kyungsoo flatly informed him before staring at him with those heavy stares.

Minseok wanted to squirm in fear but Kyungsoo suddenly send him a lopsided smile before staring at the horizon before them.

"My mother was the most beautiful person I had ever seen." Kyungsoo suddenly said, making Minseok turned to him confusedly. "She took good care of me and my father. She always put smile on my face even if the world was crumbling down for me. My mother didn't stop smiling even if she learned my father took a mistress. It's a pity that pre-eclampsia took away her life and my supposed-to-be sister."

Minseok gulped at the confession. He doesn't know whether he will comfort Kyungsoo or not since he was not yet branded as a friend nor an acquiantance from the other.

"Love is my greatest dream. I want to find this since my mother can't stop saying those things to my father even if she was hurting. I wanted to feel and experience it. And, I finally got what I wanted when I found Jongin. He was beautiful and perfect in my eyes even if he was an awkward nerd back then. I didn't realize I fall hard with the nerd who sits beside me during Biology class."

Kyungsoo let out a chuckle before continuing. "So, I did the stupidest thing I can only think of. I demanded my father to have me engage with the boy. Since it's my first time to speak to my father after my mother died, he agreed with no hesitation. The engagement happened after two months. Jongin and I never had a decent conversation since Jongin was upset of me. I tried to change his view of me but he keeps on closing his eyes. And, voila, unrequited love was plastered in our relationship." 

Minseok was not sure if he can talk now. He doesn't know when is the right time to say things when the right moment was still now showing up. So, without thinking, he suddenly laughed. Realizing that he might offended the younger, he quickly clamped his mouth with his hands and looked bewildered at Kyungsoo.

"Sor--"

His apology was cut off by Kyungsoo's amused laugh. And before he can register, Kyungsoo was slapping his shoulder as the younger let out a good measure of laugh. Minseok was stiff on his spot, trying to know what the best thing to do. When Kyungsoo was calming down from his amusement, he wiped away the tears in his eyes before smiling truthfully at Minseok.

"Goodness, you're the worst adviser of all." Kyungsoo said.

"Uhm, thank you." Minseok answered, mentally cursing for making another awkward statement,

A short amuse chuckled was heard from Kyungsoo before he patted Minsok's shoulders. "You're funny. I'll accept you as Jongin's mistress then." Kyungsoo said.

Surprised by the younger's antics, Minseok shook his head in disapproval before mustering a sentence. "No. No. I don-- I will never be Jongin's mistress!" he shouted, making Kyungsoo raised a brow at him.

"Kyungsoo, the kiss that Jongin and I shared was of nothing. I was just trying to help him so I accepted the kiss. We don't have feelings for each other. Well, we maybe lust each other but it ended quickly. I'm telling you the truth. I already love somebody else."

Kyungsoo's expression turned from amused to serious before it settled into a smile. "Really? Then, let's be friends." Kyungsoo proclaimed before lunging on Minseok and hugging him tightly. Finally, he will have no rival for Jongin's heart. Plus, he gained a friend.

On the other hand, Minseok was blushing madly. His whole face was steaming in crimson when he realized that he said he loves someone outloud. 

No. This is wrong! I'm not supposed to proclaim my love for him.

 

 

Weeks pass by and it was clear that Minseok and Kyungsoo is becoming friends. Jongdae was suspicious at first but he let it slide down when he spotted his professor making way to her room. Jongin was pleased to see Kyungsoo interacting well with other people but he was still unsure about the wedding and the forever etched in their rings.

It was after three weeks when Luhan managed to sneak out of their dorm. His excited feet brought him to Minseok's apartment, making his heart beat crazy because he can finally see the object of his love and adoration.

He was expecting Minseok to be reading or finishing a prototype on his table when he sneak inside the apartment. He planned on surprising him but it seems like he was the one who was surprised when he found Minseok's apartment messy.

Papers were scattered on the floor. Dishes were piling like mountains in the sink. Rulers, T-squares and pens were decorating every part of the house. Pushing the confusion out of his mind, he decided to pick up the scrawled papers on the floor and put it in the bin. He also pick up the pens and rulers when he stopped in the living room.

There, on the couch, was Minseok sleeping peacefully, his face was etched in contentment. The television was buzzing and Luhan decided to turn it off before it can wake up his love. Kneeling before the sleeping figure, he kissed the latter's cheek and rubbed the other's arms.

"Minseok?" he called out, feeling guilty afterwards as he tried to wake up the smaller one.

"Mmhmm..." Minseok hummed out before shifting on his spot. Luhan keeps on kissing his face in order to wake him up.

"Luhan?" Minseok groggily asked as he tried to open his eyes.

"Why are you sleeping here?" Luhan asked as he grazed his knuckles on the latter's cheeks.

"I was waiting for you. You told me you're coming." Minseok answered before hugging Luhan's neck.

Luhan felt a smile spread on his face as he rubbed the other's arm. "Come now. We'll rest." Luhan said before lifting Minseok from the couch to the bedroom.

"Wait!" Luhan halted as he stared at other. "Can you wash the dishes for me?"

Luhan was an heir. An heir who doesn't know anything about household chores. But, this is his love. His love who was asking him to clean the dishes. And since Luhan was too besotted, he kissed Minseok's forehead before nodding at him.

Minseok smiled at him before dreamland took him again. Luhan put the smaller one on the bed and placed a blanket on him. He then planted a kiss on Minseok's cheek before muttering a good night to him.

He then turned to the kitchen but stopped midway when he found the apartment in disarray. With a huff, he looked at the clock and found it was nine in the evening. He took his phone out and punched Yixing's number. He knows it is late but he needed to do this first.

"Hello, Yixing? Can I ask you something? How do you wash dishes?"

 


Author's Note:

This is the crappiest update of all. I swear.

Sorry for updating a chapter like this. TT^TT

I failed all of you. *cries*

Anyway, see you in the next chapter. I'll promise it will be a great one.