An Unexpected Turn

Liar Liar

An Unexpected Turn

 

 

“Hey! Cho! There is a boy waiting outside for you!”

 

“Huh? Who?”, Kyuhyun asked back, curious. That’s weird…usually it is girls who wait outside for me, not boys. The guys usually come into the class directly. I wonder who it is.

 

“The guy wearing pink! Look from the window! It is the boy who is standing next to the school gate.”

 

Kyuhyun looked from the window and looked at the gate. It was Sungmin.

 

“You fool!”, shouted Kyuhyun. “Can’t you even recognize a girl from a boy?! How rude!”

 

“What?”, said the classmate. “It’s a girl? I swear that I had seen him somewhere in the boy’s changing room at some gym.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and answered: “You must be seeing things. Or it must be her brother or something. Anyways, I am going now! See you tomorrow!”

 

“Bye Cho!”

 

That’s weird. How can they see Sungmin as a guy? I mean, Changmin mistook her… and even Park mistook her! She really needs to put on more feminine clothing.

 

“Hi Sungmin~ I am glad that you could come!”, said Kyuhyun in the most polite way he could.

 

“H-hi Kyuhyun…” Sungmin was nervous. He is scared at Kyuhyun’s reaction… he looks short tempered. “Actually I came here to talk to you about something… hum… How to say it?... Euh… It’s about yesterday…”

 

“I know, I know.” , Kyuhyun cut Sungmin as he noticed Sungmin’s uneasiness. “You are nice, so it’s hard for you to put it out right? I really thought about yesterday… and I know what you are going to say.”

 

“Y-You do?!” Sungmin was surprised. Kyuhyun understood that he was a boy from his poor acting yesterday? This guy is pretty smart!

 

“Yeah! Of course! I acted like a jerk the other time, didn’t I? It must be really hard for a girl like you to tell me that you don’t like my attitude…”Kyuhyun said with an apologetic tone, while taking out something from his bag.

 

Sungmin sighed, disappointed. Okay maybe not. He must be really slow.

 

“TAdaa!!!”, shouted Kyuhyun, as he pulled out a pink package, looking really pleased with himself. “This is a small gift for my attitude the other day! I noticed that you really like pink and plushies… Not that it was hard to notice once we’ve been in your room.”

 

Sungmin was shocked. This guy is not so bad after all… He kept staring at the package in his hand, he didn’t know what to do.

 

“Stop looking at it and start opening it! Haha”, laughed Kyuhyun.

 

Sungmin didn’t dare open the package. A little voice in his head told him that if he opened it, the misunderstanding will get even bigger.

 

Seeing that Sungmin still isn’t opening it, Kyuhyun reached out for the package and opened it himself.

 

“Hey! No! What are you doing?! Don’t open… it…Oh my god! I can’t believe it! It’s a pink bunny plushie! The limited one that was sold out yesterday!!! How did you?” If Sungmin was in a cartoon, his eyes would be illustrated as a big round sparkly eye.

 

“Haha! You just look like it! ”, Kyuhyun couldn’t help laughing. “Just as I thought! You two are really twins!”

 

Sungmin blushed till his cheeks became as pink as the bunny’s.

 

Kyuhyun laughed even harder. With great difficulty, he took out his cellphone out of his pockets to take a picture of Sungmin and the bunny. “Miss Bunny Rabbit! I’ll save it as my phone’s background! That way, everyday when I open my phone, I would smile at it!”

 

Sungmin gave a weak smile. “Y-yeah… and it would be great if your ex-girlfriend saw it and got jealous right? So all this was part of your plan?” Ouch, Sungmin’s heart hurts as if someone grabbed it and gave it a squeeze. So everything is still part of his plan. To make the girl jealous…I don’t feel like being part of his plan anymore…I will only hurt myself even more. Yes… If I back out now, things won’t get as complicated. Please say something harsh Kyuhyun… Say something harsh so I can erase every feeling I have for you. This will make things less complicated.

 

“Huh? What plan?”, Kyuhyun was lost. He completely forgot about Joohyun, the plan to make her jealous… everything! He was so mesmerized by Sungmin happy face that he forgot why in the first place he met Sungmin.

 

“You know… the plan… to conquer back Joohyun… your ex?”, Sungmin replied. Oh no… things are getting more complicated… I should probably end things right away. I know, I am a coward…Even if I promised myself yesterday that I should be following my heart! I guess I really am a woman at heart… Urgh I just can’t imagine his horrified face if he found out that I was a man! Yes, I have to break myself completely from him! “Hum.. you know what? I am sorry, I can’t help you out anymore… You… You are a jerk for wanting to hurt your ex-girlfriend! Goodbye Kyuhyun!” After those words, Sungmin turned and ran away, a tear rolling down on his cheek.

 

Kyuhyun was stunned. But after realizing that he just made Sungmin cry, he started to chase after her. Does she like me? ,Kyuhyun thought as he ran. At this idea, he smiled and ran even faster.

 

“Got you!”, Kyuhyun yelled triumphantly as he grabbed Sungmin’s hand to make the latter turn to face him.

 

“Look, I am sorry for everything I did”, said Kyuhyun as he tried to calm his heart from all the running. “I was a jerk for trying to do something like that I to make you part of my plan… but… the truth is… after meeting you… I don’t think about getting revenge anymore.”

 

“Stop!... P-please! Stop! Don’t say anything else Kyuhyun!”, said Sungmin as he was trying to restrain from crying. “Please don’t make things complicated anymore! Forget about me, I’ll forget about you! Just leave! LEAVE!”

 

“Complicated? No…”, Kyuhyun looked kindly at Sungmin as he used his thumb to wipe off the tears in Sungmin’s eyes. “You made things really simple for me… I keep thinking and talking about you ever since I met you… I... I think I … I love you… ”

 

Sungmin was astonished. Now what? Should he reveal the truth now? He never had imagined that Kyuhyun would say those words so quick, he only met him 3 times! “What did you say?”, Sungmin asked, to confirm if he had heard right…

 

This time, Kyuhyun looked intensely at Sungmin in the eye, bent forward and give a quick peck on Sungmin’s lips.

 

“I love you Sungmin.”

 

Sungmin’s mouth fell open as he was processing his first kiss. I got kissed by a boy???

 

His first reflex was to run… He has to get out of here! And quick! But as he turned to run, he saw, standing right at the end of the street, Ryeowook’s dumbfounded look.

 

With blood rushing towards his head, Sungmin ignored Kyuhyun’s yells and grabbed Ryeowook and asked him to take him to his school dorm.

 

Confused, Ryeowook accepted and kept looking at Kyuhyun’s direction, so shocked at what just happened. When he came back to his sense, he was sitting his desk chair. He noticed Sungmin who was curled up in Ryeowook’s blanket.

 

“Hyung...”

 

“What?! Laugh at me! I got kissed by a boy! Arghhh what am I going to do now?”

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Do NOT tell this to anyone! How am I going to get out of this mess?! Serves me right! I shouldn’t have helped him in the first place!”

 

“Hyung…”

 

“WHAT?! Are you going to despise me now?!”

 

“No… but Hyung… let me ask you one question… Do you like him?”

 

Sungmin froze… He didn’t know what to say…He didn’t want to lie to his best friend… But he doesn’t want his best friend to be disgusted by him…

 

“Do you like Kyuhyun?”, Ryeowook asked with a softer voice as he hold his hyung’s hand.

 

Sungmin nodded as he took the blanket off his head, looking at Ryeowook for his reaction. At his surprise, Ryeowook was smiling at him.

 

“Don’t worry hyung… but you owe me a long explanation.”

 


 

So sorry guys TT^TT

My English got even worse after this long hiatus!!!

For those who were subscribed to this fanfic… I hope that it still makes sense!

 

And sorry for the lack of fluffy Kyumin moments… I’ll try my best to make them better!!! >.<

 

Please leave your impression of this fanfic!!