A Twist in the Letter

Liar Liar

A Twist in the Letter

 

 

I need to get there as fast as I can. I have to apologize before it is too late.

 

Kyuhyun ran frantically towards his apartment that he shared with Joohyun. She lied to me even when it was obvious she was cheating on me. It means that she still wanted to go out with me, right? Otherwise she could have told me clearly that it is over.  So I still have a chance to get back with her! Maybe she is waiting that I get back home to explain and sort things out with me!

 

With his tiny hope, Kyuhyun tried to convince himself that his relationship with Joohyun is not over yet and he started to run faster.

 

On his way, he bumped many passers but he couldn’t care less, he just shouted back “Sorry!” but never stopped or slowed down once. Only when he reached his destination that he tried to catch his breath. After all, running for half an hour in the snow is tiring.

 

Kyuhyun pressed the “15” button in the elevator and he tried to calm his pulse. It’s not over yet. Everything is going to be fine. If she still dated me when she went out with the other guy… It means that she still likes me right? She is not certain about the other guy…

 

With a “Ding!”, the door of the elevator opened. Kyuhyun rushed out and headed towards his apartment: #1513. In front of the door, he took a deep breath and put his hand on the door knob, giving it a bit a pressure. But before he could have opened the door, Kyuhyun already knew the answer. But he just couldn’t accept it. Like a student receiving an exam that he knows that he messed it up, he was still hoping for a miracle to happen.

 

“Joohyun!”, screamed Kyuhyun as he got in. His voice was desperate now.  But all he could see was a dark living room, without a trace of another living being.

 

“Joohyun!”, shouted Kyuhyun as he inspected each room. Adrenaline was shooting up in his head. All of his 6 sense were working, looking for Joohyun or any weird sign that could tell him if Joohyun was here or not.

 

After a while, he was sure that Joohyun wasn’t in this apartment anymore. He slowly sat down and closed his eyes, laying his head on the back of the sofa. Panicked left and despair settled in. The tiny bit of hope he was griping on broke and now he is falling deep into sadness. Where did I do wrong? I did everything she wanted me to do. I bought everything she wanted, I helped her whenever she needed, I consoled her when she was feeling down and whenever she contacted me to meet her, I’ve dropped everything I was doing to meet her request… so why? Why?

 

And for the fourth time that day, he started crying again. All these years, he had tried to hide his emotional pain inside of him, conceal it and don’t feel it. But with this incident, it’s like all of his pain he concealed in the past surfaced up and Kyuhyun broke down. He cried for a long time. When he opened his eyes, he was lying on his bed; his coat and sweater were changed for his pyjamas. What again? Why do I get stripped every time I cry? I hope this one is not a girl again!

 

Kyuhyun sat up and felt a huge headache. Urgh… who thought that crying will have the same effect as hangovers? He tried to get up and but felt a hand pushing him down on the bed. A familiar hand.

 

“Here, drink some water.”, said Changmin.

 

“How did you get in here?”, asked Kyuhyun, surprised to see him here, but also embarrassed at what he said early in the day.

 

“Hum… Lee Sungmin called me to pick you up at his house. But when I got there, Sungmin said that you already left in a hurry… mentioning that you had to apologize to… well… Joohyun… So I thought I’d find you here. When I arrived, you were drunk, with empty bottles of beer lying around you.”

 

So I did really have a hangover, thought Kyuhyun.And  it wasn't because of all that crying.

 

“You were crying”, continued Changmin. “and telling how sorry you were for shouting at me. You also said how hard it had been on you ever since you left home. A part time job, keep up with school during the exams and trying to please your girlfriend…”

 

Now Kyuhyun’s face showed confusion. I did feel all that last night… But I don’t remember anything? Did I really say that?  Was I drunk to the point that I said everything?

 

“You also said that you considered me as your brother…”, said Changmin. “I… I’m really glad that you saw me that way.”

 

Kyuhyun felt even more embarrassed. “Well… I mean. Yeah, I guess.”

 

Forgetting about everything that happened between the two of them the day before, they both looked at each other and started laughing.

 

After a while, Kyuhyun started telling him what happened at Sungmin’s. Both of them were laughing uncontrollably.

 

“Wait, you let a girl undress you?” , asked Changmin, laugh tears rolling down his cheeks.

 

“I was unconscious!”, defended Kyuhyun. “But she seems comfortable by doing that! I tell you! Something is wrong with her! ”

 

“Haha, but she does look like a boy… Well, what she wears. Girls should wear y shirts no? But she wore a baggy shirt and a huge boy boxer ish pants. You know those that basketball player wear?”

 

“Are you kidding me? She is a girl for sure!”

 

“Maybe a tomboy? She likes boy fashion? ”

 

“I bet if she wore mini skirts and y clothes, she would be a success.”, said Kyuhyun. “With a face like hers, no way she isn’t chased by boys. What a pity. She was kinda cute.”

 

“So you moved on?”, said Changmin, hopeful.

 

Kyuhyun stayed silent for a while. “No… I can’t forget Joohyun…I… I’ll try to prove to her that I am worthy. Maybe she will like me again.”

 

Changmin couldn’t believe his ears. “What?! You are still thinking about her? You still want to get back with her? Are you stupid or what?”

 

Kyuhyun looked down. He doesn’t know how to explain to Changmin. He’d rather stay with her than start over again with someone new.

 

Changmn sighed and  said: “I’m sorry. I hid something from you. I thought that if you changed your mind on Joohyun, I wouldn’t have to show you this.” He reached inside his pocket and took out a piece of paper and handed it to Kyuhyun.

 

Perplexed, Kyuhyun took it and read it.

 

Hi Kyuhyun,

            I guess you are thinking that I shouldn’t be even writing to you. I know. I feel bad. I should have told you way before… to spare you the pain. Actually, right after one month that we started dating, I knew that I considered you as a brother, not as a boyfriend. But you look so sincere that I tried to convince myself that I was wrong. But when I met ________, I fell in love at first sight. But I couldn’t tell you at that time. You looked so sincere, caring and I didn’t have the courage to tell you. When I told you who my ideal man was among the idols, you looked so hurt that I took pity and didn’t want to break your heart like that. So I wanted you to hate me and break up with me by yourself. That is why I started to ask a lot of favours from you, asking you to buy me all kind of things… But in the end it didn’t work. Now I am writing this to tell you to find someone else. You are a good guy, I am sure that you will find someone worthy of you.

I am sorry that I didn’t turn up to be the girl you thought I would.

I am sorry to played you like that.

Forget about me.

No, I don't want you to forget me. Let’s just be friends.

Joohyun.

 

 

Pity? Thought Kyuhyun. She dated me because I looked pitiful?

 

Kyuhyun was angry now. To be made a fool, it was ok. But to take pity on him? That is what he hated the most.

 

As Changmin watched Kyuhyun read the letter. He felt something was wrong. Yes, Kyuhyun didn’t love Joohyun anymore, as he hoped. But the burning eyes of Kyuhyun told Changmin that something in the letter pissed Kyuhyun off.

 

What did she write? What is Kyuhyun going to do now? Man, this is getting more complicated than I expected.

 

 


 

Hehe~

I hope that this chapter is more exciting~

The fun has just begun~ Kyumin is going to start now :)