A Bad Day

Liar Liar

A Bad Day

 

 

 

No…

No, it can’t be true. She isn’t that kind of girl. Joohyun must have a good reason to be eating with a guy and acting all flirty and… *gasp* lightly brushing her arms against his. He must be her boss or something and she is forced to act that way? But she told me that she was going to visit her sick halmoni in Anseong today!

 

Feeling hurt and betrayed, Kyuhyun started wondering at all the lies he had been told.

            “Oppa~ My hal-abeoji is sick, I am going to visit him, okay? I’ll need some of your money too, okay? I will buy some medication on my way there!”

            “Kyuhyunnie~ I am going to see some primary school friends~ But I need some money, okay? I’ll be back in three days! Bye!”

            “My lovely Kyu~ ♥ I’ll be back in one week, okay? I’m just seeing my uhm… relatives up in the north!”

 

Was she lying to me all these times? And she used my money to see this guy? And like a fool, I gave her everything and I didn’t even suspect something!

 

“Please tell me it’s not true…” said Kyuhyun under his breath as he watched Joohyun from outside the café window she was sitting by, hoping that she will notice him and tell him that it is all a misunderstanding.

 

But Joohyun didn’t notice her boyfriend standing in front of the window. She was all lovey-dovey with the boy next to her, sometimes even kissing him on the cheek.

 

She never smiled that much when she was with me…thought Kyuhyun as he watched for 5 more minutes.

 

After a while, Kyuhyun slowly walked away from the café he was intending to enter until he saw his girlfriend cheating on him. He didn’t felt like being alone at a time like this nor drown his sadness by tagging with some friends. So he went straight to his best friend who can always understand him and who will be always there for him, Changmin.


 

“Chang…min”, whispered Kyuhyun with a brittle voice though the Access Control Phone of his friend’s building.

 

As soon as he heard his best friend’s hurt voice, without hesitation, Changmin grabbed his winter coat and boots and headed towards the door. “I’ll be right there. Don’t move.”


 

Kyuhyun’s eyes were reddened and puffy by the tears that kept rolling down his cheeks. He felt a vibration in his pocket and took out his matching Samsung Galaxy 4 with Joohyun’s. It was a text from Joohyun.

 

From: Joohyun ♥ My love

 

Oppa~ I’ll be sleeping at my halmoni for tonight! The weather is getting worse and worse! See you tomorrow~ chu~

 

Halmoni? Pfft! , Kyuhyun snorted. What are you really going to do? Stay at that man’s? And laugh at my stupidity? Are you kidding me?

 

“ASIH!” Kyuhyun looked at his phone and smashed his phone on the wall of the building. He threw it with so much force that it broke instantly. The screen was cracked and it broke into 2. The blood flowed at such a fast pace that he can hear the current. His head was burning up and Kyuhyun wanted to destroy everything that had a connection with Joohyun. He picked up the 2 broken parts and was about to throw them again, but he felt someone grabbing his wrist.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah… What’s wrong?” Changmin asked him. The beam on Changmin’s face immediately calmed Kyuhyun down. It is as if his smile told him that everything would be fine.

 

“J-joo-oo-H-Hy-Hyuun”. Kyuhyun choked up as he tried his best to stop crying. He never cried but now it felt kind of good. As if all the pain in his heart are being taken away by the tears.

 

“Come on, I know a good restaurant. Not too crowded, but delicious. You are going to love it.”

 

Changmin lead the way and patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

 

“Gee, your phone is broken now. Are you going to use this excuse to explain why you are so behind me in Candy Crush? You will never be able to catch up!”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Don’t worry about me. I’ll buy a new one tomorrow and catch up in no time!”

 

And the two grown up men laughed and started pushing each other to make the other fall in the snow, just like two little brats.

 

Thank god I have a friend… no, a brother like Changmin. He doesn’t get awkward or naggy or compassionate at a time like this. He always knows the best thing to cheer me up. He will tell me anything, even if it will hurt me. I can always trust him.


 

“Ah… oppa?”

 

Kyuhyun turned his head towards the source where that voice came from and froze. The smile that was printed on his face disappeared and the sparkle in his maroon eyes turned into a glare full of hatred.

 

“Euhm… this is a friend from my school… I met him on my way back home.”, explained Joohyun awkwardly. She saw Kyuhyun’s glare and panicked, quickly turning her eyes towards her feet.

 

“How are your grand parents?”, asked Kyuhyun coldly.

 

“Huh? My grand parents?” said Joohyun, surprised.

 

“Didn’t you say that you are visiting your Halmoni today because she was sick?”

 

“Oh!”, Joohyun remembered. “I… I cam back! She told me that oppa will feel lonely if I stayed…”

 

“SHUT UP!”

 

Kyuhyun, Joohyun and the boy jumped.

 

“You! You told me that you will never betray Kyuhyun if I let it pass!”, shouted Changmin.

 

“I… I.. I didn’t! I didn’t betray him!”, squealed Joohyun.

 

“You still want to lie when Kyuhyun discovered that you cheated on him? You don’t deserve someone like him! You think you can pull it off with your innocent face? Don’t make me sick! Get lost!”

 

“Please! Let me explain!”, begged Joohyun as she grabbed his arms. With all the noise Changmin caused, passer-by started looking in their way.

 

Changmin shoved his arms and dragged Kyuhyun pass the two couple.

 

“You… knew?” asked Kyuhyun, dumbfounded.

 

Changmin nodded. Suddenly, he felt guilty. If he had warned his best friend, maybe Kyuhyun would have felt less pain. “I couldn’t tell… you. Plus Joohyun promised me that she would never do it again.”

 

“Yeah, I figured that out when you shouted at her.” ,grumbled Kyuhyun.

 

“Look. I am sorry if I didn’t tell you from the beginning. But at that time, I thought that if you didn’t know and Joohyun stayed faithful, it will be for the best. Everyone would be happy”

 

“Yeah, and make me look like a fool. So she can cheat on me again”

 

“Look, I feel really bad for what happened. It must be really painful to discover Joohyun’s unfaithfulness that way. No, believe me, I wish that what happened today never took place and that you never discovered…” started Changmin.

 

“Oh! I am happy that it happened!” , interrupted Kyuhyun. “I discovered two people whom I should never have trusted in the first place!”

 

“Two?”, repeated Changmin, confused.

 

“Joohyun and you! I considered you as a brother and you never told me something as important as THIS?!”

 

Tears started forming in Kyuhyun’s eyes and his voice started to crack again. He quickly turned away and walked towards the place he always went when he wanted to be alone and forget everything, the Spinel Bar.

 

“Kyuhyun!” shouted Changmin. He didn’t dare to follow him as he knew his best friend’s character. He should let Kyuhyun reflect on what happened and let him get over the shock.

 

Ignoring his friend’s call, Kyuhyun strolled through the street, convinced that his day couldn’t get any worse.

 

WRONG.

 

As he was about to open the door to the bar, the door suddenly flung open, hitting Kyuhyun hard on the head and making him fall to the ground. Luckily, he had enough reflex to use his arms to soften his fall. But he wasn’t so lucky after that.

 

Disoriented, Kyuhyun didn’t notice all those boxes falling on him. But he did remember something before losing conscious: a human size pink bunny looking at him.

 

What?

 

 

 

 

◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦

 

Okay hi~~

 

Sungmin will appear in the next chapter since this one is getting a bit too long. So please be patient   :3

(Well, he technically appeared in this one as the big bunny X3)

 

If there is any grammar mistake, please tell me! ~

 

So some of you must be wondering who is that Joohyun… well it’s the name of Seohyun from SNSD. And PLEASE, I don’t hate her and I have nothing against SNSD or any other member.

But I just needed a girlfriend for Kyuhyun and thought that she fits for this role, since Seohyun is closest to Kyuhyun’s ideal type in SNSD.

Seohyun is really nice so she would never do anything like that ^w^