Chapter 2

Damsel Causing Distress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My notoriety rose to a staggering height immediately after two of Jongdae's brother's friends got expelled. It was discovered they'd been administering illegal drugs for three years to count. Four others in their group had been suspended for five weeks, without being excused in all their missed exams and projects, which had greatly affected their class standing. Jongdae's brother had been dismissed from the football team and was relieved of all his medals. It was lucky their team hadn't been disqualified for the interhigh sports meet seeing as they had had a git for a captain.

You could only imagine the fury of seven Seniors towards one Freshman; I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a day I didn't dread their imminent retribution.

Even when I topped nearly all my subjects, I was far from famous – good famous. I had to endure countless accusations of using my position to get into my teachers' good books. Fellow Prefects themselves looked at me as though I were disgusting, except perhaps one or two who clapped me on the back after what they called my bold decision.

My life had basically never been the same.

Yixing and Jongdae had started hanging out with me despite my warnings of having their necks constantly placed beneath a guillotine once people realized they were buddies with the school's self-righteous, most wanted Prefect.

"Relaaax, Prefect boy," Jongdae sing-songed one time at lunch. "We're with you all the way. No matter what, a-ra-seo?"

I landed the Prefect position for the second time during my second year. Well, once you'd been appointed Prefect, you'd be a Prefect 'til fourth year, unless you volunteered to step down, which very rarely happened. Like I said, a lot of perks came along with being a Prefect.

Everything was going well with me, though I was still shunned by the majority. I was getting inured to being a topnotch and Prefect all at once, abusing it a little sometimes – like how I had given unnecessary detentions to this transferee Do Kyungsoo for simply attracting the girl I liked, and how I had sent the skyscraper class-clown Park Chanyeol straight to the SASD for simply forgetting to put his phone on silent mode and thus, aggravating our teacher. In truth, I'd always been envious of his gregarious character that seemed to place him in good terms with everybody. Okay, and maybe also his freakin height. I wasn't exactly short; five-feet-ten was slightly higher than the average male, but it didn't change the fact that I'd be reduced to a midget once placed beside him.

I'd also gained two more friends: the famed vocalist Byun Baekhyun and the accomplished martial artist Huang Zitao, both of whom also didn't bother toying with the danger inherent in befriending the notorious Prefect.

"They'd be too intimidated to even scratch my gorgeous face, please," Baekhyun said when Yixing taunted him.

"They'd be too foolish to even try," barked Tao in assent.

I maintained my rank. I held a powerful position. I had my friends. Everything seemed well.

Until I was faced with a most unusual equal.

It was early morning by the end of second quarter and the Sophomores were packed outside their respective classrooms. The end of term marks were scheduled to be posted today, which prompted students to arrive extra early.

There were already shouts of relief when I crossed the Sophomore hallway towards my room. I didn't fret my result

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter