Prologue

Damsel Causing Distress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You just can't dare to stain your reputation for three things: one, you're the Head Prefect; two, you're an able contender for Class Valedictorian; and three, you're under the impression that if it weren't for you and the rather odd disciplinary methods you imposed particularly upon your class, she would have been kicked out years ago. Okay, perhaps you could rule out the first two. Being a Prefect hasn't exactly been a treat, let alone being the Head. Outperforming everyone in academics, on the other hand, comes in quite naturally. And maintaining one's rank has always entailed integrity so a good reputation generally follows a top student. The third, however..

An ear-splitting shriek ceases me from my pondering and I glide towards where I imagine, or rather where it has always come from: the room by the end of the hallway.

At the back corner, three girls are huddled protectively over another. Judging from the damp state of the latter's cheeks, she must have been crying. But somebody seemingly fresh from crying isn't supposed to look so flabbergasted. And blank.

I follow her gaze and land my eyes on a scene so absurd I would have cracked a good laugh if it weren't for the standard demeanor required of Prefects on situations like this.

Jongdae is trapped beneath what I deduced was a failed attempt at shattering his jaw. His rounded eyes keep shifting from the face of his attacker to the hole now gaping on the blackboard just inches from his face, his attacker's fist still buried beneath the horrible damage.

"That's like the fourth board you've devastated in two months, Sojin." I heave up a sigh when she turns around and faces me with her signature cold, lazy and mildly apologetic grin. "Ten hours detention and make sure you'll have that board replaced by the end of the week."

"I get five lab sessions' worth of detention for defending a classmate, how ungrateful." She withdraws her fist from the hole she just produced - Jongdae pushing a relieved gasp at this - and trudges toward the four girls at the corner. She smiles at them but they return her gesture with a shudder and has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter