♪ 15. ♫

Silent Love (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I rewrote this chapter cauz I didn't like the other one and it was just blocking me from updating~ I feel like I didn't put much effort in writting it. I haven't written in like forever! (Not really but feels like~) So I'm sorry if it's bad... Well I do hope you will like it though~ Don't hesitate to comment~

 

___________________________________

 

 

Baekhyun's POV

 

Inside my mind was a complete mess. I would even say that a bloody carnage was taking part between all my neurons, as if Call of Duty was playing inside my brain. What was the ing reason? My stupidity and my uselessness. I was there watching my best friend panting, trembling and suffering without having absolutely any idea of what to do or how to react to the situation. I was standing up like an inept idiot. My unusable vocal cords prevented any noise, sound or even cry to escape my lips to alert someone. This cervical collar which by the way was itching me like crazy, severely restricted my actions and blocked any attempt to move in height, so it was impossible for my poor body to carry him to a place much more comfortable than this wooden chair. Well might we had a big bank account, our chairs, though expensive, were totally inappropriate to sleep! In summary, I was completely incompetent and useless.

 

 

A silence settled in the room.

 

 

A heavy silence and scary as it could be heard in a cemetery.

 

 

Dead silence.

 

 

Only his sobs were filling up the atmosphere, which was not very encouraging. Time passed and my brain still couldn’t think properly. This calm supported the weight of my suffering and the pain that this vision of him gave me. A heartbreaking and painful suffering since I was only touching with my eyes that weakened body, completely exhausted. This was the first time that Chanyeol was suffering to the point of collapsing on our kitchen table. Usually when one of our EXO members is sick or just wounded, he almost is the only one who knows how to react, knows the first steps to do, to believe that he is the only one who can still think in such cases. The idea that one day we should take care of him never crossed our mind. It was stupid, but it was so. It has always been our super Happy Virus to all. Yet he was human and his strength and devotion tended to make us forget that point...

 

Byun Baekhyun, stay calm, don’t panic. Think back to the first things he used to do in that case.

 

The temperature!

 

I slowly approached the back of my hand to his forehead, and without even touching it, I already felt the heat. My fears proved to be; He was burning with fever. I never felt such a burning skin before. I tried to remember what he did when Sehun was suffering from high fever, a few weeks ago. He had made him lie in a quiet and comfortable place... He placed a wet towel behind our maknae’s neck to lower the temperature.

 

That’s what I was planning to do, until someone would wake up to call the doctor of our agency, Dr. Choi. I knew very well that being out only wearing a t-shirt in winter under the falling snow was really not a good idea...

 

Chanyeol-ah, you've never been sick, but...why now? And it's my fault! I’m going to help you, I promise.

 

“Hyung…”

 

Just when was off to look out for the necessary, his voice stopped me. A voice of such low intensity that I surprised myself to have heard it. I turned my face to meet his half asleep eyes. He sat up in his chair and was struggling to hold his body right.

 

“... Water ... Please…”

 

I nodded in a stupid way and rushed to the closet to get out a large glass that I fill with fresh water before going back to his side. I helped him swallow a few sips of the drink while holding his torso to prevent him from rocking forward. I felt his fingers trembling under mines, fingers which were frozen. This was a really new and unpleasant sensation. His hands were always warm, but now they seemed to have lost life. They were nothing more than flesh and bone. I caressed his fingers to show him that I was there for him.

 

“Thank you…”

 

 

I smiled yet couldn’t help but keep a hint of sadness in my eyes. He had reached his limits and was trying to hide it. His will succumbed to the weakness of his body. I knew that one day it would happen. He had always done so much for us.

Getting up from his chair was like climbing a mountain for him. He tried to get up, grabbing my arm at the same time missing falling because of the dizziness he suddenly felt.

 

“... I'll go into my bed... Sorry for the breakfast.”

 

I frowned and sighed. Even on the verge of passing out, he was still thinking of us. And to think that he used to be such an egocentric and strange guy that we really feared our future at that time. He soon turned out to be someone who thinks of others before thinking about himself. What he does for us can’t be seen by our fans. Before choosing his clothes, he sometimes carefully prepares our, ironing and folding them flawlessly, helping somewhat the poor Kyungsoo in his mother role. Prior to his shower, he always checks if there are enough ingredients for Kyungsoo or Lay to prepare breakfast, to be sure that we have something to eat in the morning. Before a concert, he always is the one that eases the atmosphere, despite being just as stressed as we are.

 

 

What he did for us is unimaginable. And then I realized I owed ​​him a lot. EXO would probably not survive without him.

 

 

My arm surrounded his back while I was bringing it to my body to help it reach the room. He needed rest, plenty of rest.

 

 

The path before reaching the bed seemed long to both of us. I tried somehow to avoid kicking him with my neck brace and tried to walk straight, which was to be honest almost impossible. Finally we got there. But the last thing left to do... Climb the ladder. That was SM’s stupid idea to have bunk beds... I deeply cursed the agency on that one.

 

“I can do it alone…” He murmured as I made a negative sign with my head. I grabbed his waist. I didn’t really have the Herculean strength to carry him on such a height, but with both our combined efforts, we could do it. And finally after two minutes of struggle with the wooden steps he was finally settled in bed. I bordered him, as weird as it is, and checks his temperature again. He was still hot. I sighed and observed him fall asleep quickly. I had to think about what to do now. Chanyeol, be ready, Nurse Byun Baekhyun will make you feel better.

 

 

Chanyeol POV

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter