Chapter 1

A Promise and A Handkerchief

 

"Unnie, how long do you want to sleep?" said someone. Luna wake up and realized that she sleeps on her study table yesterday night. His whole body is very sore now.

"What time is it?" Luna asked still sleepy.

"Nine o'clock in the morning. Lately, you always sleep late because of study and do the task. What’s the matter?" asked that person.

"Oh, really? Anyway, Krystal, didn’t you have a class today?" Luna asked the person who has been her roommate.

"No, who say that?" said Krystal.

"Oh. Maybe I was just dreaming it," said Luna and she rushed to the bathroom. When she was about to take a towel, she saw the calendar. When she saw a number that indicates the date that falls on this day, her eyes rounded.

"Krystal, what date today?!"

 


 

After take a shower with a bit of a hurry. Luna runs towards her campus with a happy step. Although she knew she will come late and the grumbles of her lecturer will fill an entire room in her ears, her smile still remained on his face.

When the lecture was over, she gathered with her friend for have lunch.

"What happened with this day?" asked Sulli.

"Hm? Nothing,” said Luna still with a wide smile.

"Don’t lie. As a person who has just scolded by your lecturer, you're too happy. Just tell me what's happened?"

"Okay," said Luna. Then she chuckle. "You know my friend in senior high who always I say to you, right?"

"Ooh! Do you mean the one who give the challenge as a promise?!” said Sulli. Luna nodded and drinks her Americano which she had just bought slowly.

"Wait, don’t say that today is four years after that promise?" asked Sulli. Luna’s smile came again.

Sulli pursing her lips. "Now, I understand why Unnie always keep smiling today."

Luna nodded again. "My spirit is boosting faster than usual.”

“But, Unnie,” Sulli looked at Luna in doubt. “That person will actually come, right?”

“Of course, he already promises that he will come at 17:30 today,” replied Luna sure.

“I know he already make a promise, but that promise spoken by someone who just reached 17 years old. An immature man, unstable man. You don’t know he can keep his promise or not. And moreover, the promise made 4 years ago. Isn’t he forgetting about it? Maybe his life changes since senior high school. The new event and new people will make someone forgetting anything which occurs in the past, so something new can fill in. Moreover, do you think that event is'nt too important to him?” explained Sulli.

Luna silent. “But, this is important. A promise with best friend in senior high school, isn’t it important?”

“As far as I see, it just Unnie who consider that it is important. But, still, it can be different depend how he think about it,” Sulli replied.

Luna silent again. “If he breaks her promise and he doesn’t come…,” Luna sighed. “I will punch him dozens time,” said Luna while she smiled.

“So, Unnie will wait for him although Unnie doesn’t know he will come or not?” asked Sulli. Luna smiled and nodded.

“But, how do you punch him dozens of times if he doesn’t come, if you never meet him?” asked Sulli again.

Luna looked at her Americano in silence. “Sulli, you keep asking something weird to me today,” asked Luna with a bitter smile.

 Sulli raised her eyebrows. “I just think of the possibilities that can occur.”

“And you keep making some theories,” Luna continued. “Where do you got all of your theories?”

“I don’t know. I just say what I am think. Why? Am I impressed you?” Sulli replied with her happy face. Luna just sighed.

“And…,” Sulli silent, hesitated to continue what she want to say or not.

“Why?” asked Luna. “Come on, what do you want to say. Don’t be hesitated.”

“Ehm, and…, and how about Jonghyun?” asked Sulli.

“Jonghyun?”

“Yes, don’t say that you don’t know Jonghyun like you?”

Luna silent. She knows about it, but actually, she doesn’t want anything from Jonghyun. Being friend with him is enough for Luna.

“I know that,” Luna replied. “But…, I don’t know. He and me. I just want him to be a friend for me. No more than friend.”

“Realy? Why? Because your friend in senior high school?” asked Sulli while she smiled to teasing Luna.

“Friend in senior high school? What do you talking about?” said someone suddenly.

Luna and Sulli gasped, “Jonghyun!”

“Are you already in here since a  long time? How much do you hear what we talked?” said Luna panic.

“No, I just arrived here,” Jonghyun replied. “I just hear the last sentence which Sulli said. What happen with your friend in senior high school, Luna?”

“Aah…, nothing,” Luna replied while she sighed of relief.

“Really? Then why are you so panic earlier?” asked Jonghyun.

“I’m not panic. I-I just surprised,” said Luna nervous.

And then Jonghyun looked at Sulli with a gaze of plea. Sulli looked at Jonghyun back and understand what he means.

“Unnie, I must go to prepare the graduation ceremony. I am one of the committe in this year. Okay, Unnie? See you later,” exclaimed Sulli and she directly went, leaved Jonghyun with Luna.

“Hey,” said Jonghyun while he sat in a seat that occupied by Sulli previously. Luna still didn’t belive that Sulli left him with Jonghyun, she only can cleared . “What’s up?” asked Luna.

“We already being friend in last 3 years, right?” asked Jonghyun.

“Yes you right, and then?”

“For about 3 years I always around you. Do you realize something?” asked Jonghyun again.

“Realize what?”           

Jonghyun sighed heavily. “You know, if I explain it to you, it can make my hands cool, but I am sweating, and make my stomach churned too, whereas I don’t got stomachache.”

Luna silence. “Is that so? I’m sorry,” she said softly.

Jonghyun chuckle. “No, you don’t have to apologize. It's not right . Hahaha.”

Then both of them in silence. Jonghyun chuckle again and broke the silence. “Why the atmosphere in here become awkward like this?” said Jonghyun. “Is this because your talk with Sulli about your friend in senior high school?” asked Jonghyun.

“Actually, did Oppa hear all of what Sulli and I said?” asked Luna.

“I already told you, I just hear the last sentence which Sulli said. Is that any problem if I hear all of you guys talking about?”

“No, it’s just…” Luna ran out of words to explain it all to Jonghyun.

“Come to the park near Sulli’s home. I wait for you in there. There is something I want to say. At 17.30, this evening,” said Jonghyun cut Luna’s word. Then he walked away. Luna silence while looked at Jonghyun's back. After a several minutes, she gasped in shock.

“What did he say?! 17.30!”

 


 

It's two chapters already. I really hope you enjoy this chapter. There are some words that I doubt whether the writing is correct or not. But I hope you understand the story. If there is any mistake in spelling or grammar, let me know about it.

Once again, Happy Holiday

~pyong~