Chapter 4

A Promise and A Handkerchief

“Hello?” Victoria had just come out from her house and was about to meet her fiancé - who for the last one week could not be contacted - when her cell phone rang. This week both of them are busy and can’t meet each other. However, when the last time they meet - it was about eight days ago - Victoria promise will meet with her fiance this day at 17:00. Initially,Onew ignore it, but Victoria insisted because after today, she will busy again with all of her work. Onew only silent and Victoria consider it that Onew agree. And after that day, Onew never apprise her about his condition and can’t be contacted. It is unusual, because no matter how busy he is, he always contact Victoria.

“Noona...,” said the voice on Victoria's phone. “Oh, what’s up Key?” asked Victoria.

“I am in Asan Medical Center now with Onew hyung,” said Key stammered.

“So, both of you aren’t in your apartement? Whereas, I'm heading there. Indeed who's got sick? Can I go together with you?” said Victoria while she wave her hand when a taxi come.

“Actually...., actually is Onew hyung got an accident when he was about to meet his senior high school friend this evening, Noona,” said Key with regret.

Victoria silent. “Hey, don’t be kidding. Onew may not be in an accident this evening. He have a promise to meet me in his apartement this evening.”

“I am sorry, Noona. But, better Noona come to the hospital to see Hyung’s condition now. He just arrived in hospital and now he is in operation room. Doctor said, some of his bone broke and there was bleeding too,” explained Key.

However, Victoria can’t hear any voice around her. Her world seemed messed.

“Yes, I understand,” muttered Victoria weakly and closed the phone then she ride to the taxi which she called.

“To Asan Medical Center,” said Victoria to the taxi driver. At that time she just realized about what just happened. Her tears flow and she prays in her deepest heart so that Onew will be fine.


When she arrived in Asan Medical Center, Victoria run towards the room that Key told her. Key said that the operation had already been finished and she only need to wait for Onew to wake up. She opened the door of the room slowly and she found Onew there, with many hoses connected to his body. In front of the bed, Key standing, looking worried and exhausted.

Victoria walked slowly to the bed and sat down on one of the chairs there. She is holding Onew’s hand and she began to cry. Key who looked Victoria crying being confused and doesn’t know what to do. “He is really stupid, Noona,” said Key. “I have been forbid him to go and told him to wait Noona in apartement. but he insisted. Basis stubborn. Refer, what he get right now.”

Victoria’s cries grew louder and it make Key getting more awkward. He actually intends to joke before, but it seems his joke is less appropriate. “A..ah, Noona, I am just kidding. Doctor said his condition is stable. We just need to wait for him to wake up. They said, tomorrow Hyung will wake up. So, Noona, do not to worry. I'll take care of him, Noona can go home and rest.”

Victoria shook her head. “It seems you more tired rather than me. Better you take a rest, Key.”

“But…,” at first, Key wants to deny it, but he don't do it. Letting Victoria do what her want is probably the most wise action at this time. He has also been very tired today.

“Okay, Noona. I leave you now. Take care,” said Key. Then he leave Victoria with Onew.


Her foot take him to the park near Sulli’s home. Luna hoping Jonghyun still wait her there, even though it's impossible. She wanted to apologize to Jonghyun because she already made him disappointed. However, that park is empty, there is no one there.

Luna sat on the swing in there. She began to shimmying alone and look into the night sky. Then her tears flow again. She cover her face and wiped her tears that very hard to stop.

“Come on, why it won't stop,” said Luna bitterly as she wiped her tears. She breathed out heavily to control her emotion.

“You're done with it?” said someone behind Luna in sudden. Luna gasped and turned to that voice. She surprised when she get Jonghyun already stand behind her.

“Wh…. what did you say?” asked Luna.

“You're done with it?” Jonghyun replied. When he see Luna who still confused, Jonghyun chuckle. “Your tears,” Jonghyun added. “You're done with your tears?”

Hear that question, Luna wiped her tears again. “Is it clearly look?” asked Luna.

“Yes, you are like a person who have been betrayed by someone. It looks like there is someone who left you or don't consider you,” explained Jonghyun.

“You made me feel want to cry more,” Luna replied.

“Hahaha, sorry. Moreover, your tears is very loud, it’s natural if I know you are crying,” explained Jonghyun.

“Oppa, you are still waiting for me?” asked Luna.

Jonghyun smiled. “If I didn’t wait for you, is that possible that I am still here now?”

Luna silent. “Sorry,” said her with regret.

“Your apology is accepted!” exclaimed Jonghyun. Luna smiled. “Thank you, Oppa,” said Luna.

“I forgive you because at least you come altough you are late. Henceforth, if someone make a promise with you to meet at 17:30, you must come at 17:30, not at 21:30,” said Jonghyun.

“Oppa, you make me feel more guilty. Are you really forgive me?” whined Luna.

“Yes, yes, I already forgive you. I just remind you. Hahaha,” added Jonghyun.

“Oh Oppa, what kind of an important thing that you want to tell me?” asked Luna.

“You really want to know?” asked Jonghyun kidding. Luna nodded. “Really? You really want to know it?” asked Jonghyun again.

“Oppa!” exclaimed Luna. “Do not make my sad day became more sad!”

“If you really want to know,” said Jonghyun. “You must catch me,” added him. Then Jonghyun run, left Luna.

“Oppa!” yelled Luna. “Oh…, it's that really for real?!”

Jonghyun stopped his step and he turned towards Luna. “Luna, you must chase me,” said him. “Please,” pleaded him then. Luna silent looked at Jonghyun. Jonghyun smiled then run to leave Luna again.

Finally Luna stand up from her seat and chase Jonghyun.

“Where does he go?” asked Luna to herself. As far as she knows, Jonghyun run to the side of the park that there are many of vines. Luna walking through the gate which is property of that park. That gate was indeed very attract many people because of its beautiful. The vines, which is grow around that gate, beautify every curve of the gate. Moreover, that gate is a door which directed to the center of that park too. In the center of that park, a little performances from musicians around that surrounding was usually held. The visitors is also often have a party in there too, like barbeque party, birthday party until wedding party. It's because the center of this park is the most beautiful part from the park. Plants in there laid out and formed beautifully. Garden lamps and chairs there also looks beautiful .There is a building consisting of a roof and supported by white pillars and floors paved with marble which is used as a stage for performances.

When Luna's foot entering the gate, suddenly a light shone. It was a colorful little lights that are be set from the gate to the center of the park. The atmosphere, which was initially dark, become bright and beautiful.

Luna just can widened her eyes in surprise but smiling. He walked through the gate and walked toward the center of the park.

" Jonghyun Oppa , are you here ? " said Luna . He searched Jonghyun , but did not find any . Then there was a rhythm of music from the stage for performances. Luna turned around , but that stage was dark . For a moment it felt very scary for Luna . But suddenly the sound of Jonghyun singing was heard.

It always appeared before me

Your face, I remember

My heart that stopped short

You spitefully took my dysfunctional heart

And with your bright smile

That’s how you easily opened my heart

The light shine slowly when Jonghyun singing. And there he was, Jonghyun stood at the stage for performances, singing with the strains of music from his cell phone that is connected to the speakers.

And now like a dream, my heart

Has gradually stopped by your side

Without awakening for a single moment

I dream a endless dream

And now like breathing

If you were to always rest by my side

If you were to always remain this way

Nothing better, nothung better than you

Strains of music stopped and Jonghyun smiled at Luna. Luna clapped and smiled. "Very beautiful," said Luna.

"Hey, I'm doing this is not to give a free show," said Jonghyun.

"So, do I have to pay?" said Luna. Jonghyun chuckled.

"It's not like that," said Jonghyun. Then he climbed down the stage and approached Luna.

"This song ...," Jonghyun cleared his throat before continuing his words. "You must know, this song describes my feelings for you. So you just pay it with an answer, " said Jonghyun.

"And the question is ...," said Jonghyun. "Will you accepted my feelings?"

Luna looked at Jonghyun in silent. She knew that sooner or later this will happen. However, she did not think to decide an answer.

" Luna ? " Jonghyun repeated . " Do you hesitate because your high school friends?"

" What ? " asked Luna surprised . " You know something about my high school friends ?"

"Somehow I know . I also know if you promise to meet him today at 17:30 , "said Jonghyun .

"If you know , why are you forcing to meet me on the same day and the same time ? " said Luna .

" There's a reason , " Jonghyun can only answer like that .

"You do not want to tell me? " said Luna . Jonghyun just smiled .

"Besides , I'm pretty sure that you would come," said Jonghyun .

Luna was silent . She certainly will not leave Jonghyun offhand, but that does not mean she will receive his feelings if she came. And also there is, still, Onew who she still doesn't know where he is now.

" Your high school friend ... , " Jonghyun said . " Forget about him . "

" What ? " said Luna in surprised .

" He does not come to you today instead? Though you 've been promised . He did not even contact you over the last four years . He also ... , " Jonghyun 's words stopped when he saw Luna crying .

" Luna, I'm sorry, " Jonghyun approached Luna and intends to wipe her tears . But Luna is walked away from Jonghyun slowly.

" Luna , I do not mean to, " Jonghyun has not finished talking , but Luna has ran left Jonghyun .

" Argh ! " Jonghyun yelled frustrated . " Stupid ! How can you say that words in crucial moments like this? " Jonghyun said to himself . He sat at the stage and covered her face with his hands .


Finally after the long strugle, I've made this! How is this chapter? Hope you love and enjoy reading this chapter and wait for the next. Thank you for your support for this fanfics. Thanks for comment and subscribes. I am very appreciate it. And thanks for reading! ^^ Oh, the song that sung by Jonghyun is Nothing Better by Jeong Yeob of Brown Eyed Soul (am I true?)

~pyong~