Chapter 3

A Promise and A Handkerchief

“What time is it?” said Onew to himself while looking at his watch which on his hand. He already arrived in ramen restaurant  and sits in the same seat as four years ago. “Wah, it still 4.30 o’clock. I am very enthusiastic today, didn't I?” Onew said as he tidy up his clothes that still look crumpled.

“I wonder how's my Luna now?” asked Onew. He suddenly remembered something and immediately searched something in his pants and shirt pocket.

“Ah! There it is!” Onew take his wallet from his pocket. Then he run out from the restaurant. He remembered that Luna really like muffin in the cake store near the ramen restaurant, he wanted to buy two muffins for Luna and Victoria. For Luna as congratulations if she won against him, even though he will still give it if Luna lose, and for Victoria as an apology.

When he wanted to pay the muffins which he buy in the cake store, he inadvertently nudging a glass of water and causing the clothes of a cashier who was in charge of working there and the entire surface of the table wet.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I’m really sorry,” said Onew. He searched his handkerchief in his pants pocket but, he didn’t find it.

“Where is my handkerchief? I think I already put it in my pants pocket,” whispered Onew panic. Because his handkerchief was gone, he can’t help to clean up the mess that he did and he only can say sorry.

After he think it’s enough to apologize, he run out from that store and hurriedly crossing the street. At that time, his mind was full of many possibilities of where is his handkerchief and he must find his handkerchief before it's too late.

Suddenly he heard someone yelled.“Watch out, young man!". Onew turned toward that voice to see the person who talked. But it's too late. His entire body was hit by something and thrown several meters away.


Now it is already 17.30 and Luna already arrived in the ramen restaurant. She is standing in front of the front door of the restaurant while she is hoping. She breathed out before she finally open the front door of the restaurant. The condition of this restaurant is still the same as 4 years ago. And this thing evokes her senior high school memories with Onew. She search a table which she usually take with Onew. These seat is empty like usual. Because these seat was in the corner of this restaurant, people rarely would want to sat in there, except when the restaurant is crowded. Because these place is always empty, Luna and Onew always sat in there and make it as their "headquarters" indirectly.

She sit in that chair and look around the restaurant. There was no sign of Onew's presence.

Ooh, maybe he is late, Luna thought, because it is just after 17.30. However, her optimistic decrease after she wait for about 45 minutes.

“He will come, right?” he muttered. Instantly she remembered about Jonghyun. Is Jonghyun still wait for her in there?

Actually Luna felt guilty with Jonghyun. But, what else she can do? Onew is more important rather than Jonghyun. It doesn't mean that she doesn't like Jonghyun, but during this time, she was very looking forward to meeting with Onew. A promise to meet again after four years apart make Luna always feel spirited when she is exhausted with problem about the lessons nor course. It also make she become more diligent to study and do her task until late night. And that promise also make Luna still want to wait Onew to came for her.

However, what Sulli's said make her hesitated again. The possibility for Onew to forget about her is very big. And then, the fact that Onew didn’t have interest to Luna since senior high school make that possibility getting bigger. It's just like Luna who still can’t turned away from Onew.

Luna sighed. At that time, her eyes saw something under the table which she occupied. She lowered her head and found a green coloured handkerchief  there.

“Who fell this handkerchief here?” Luna whispered. She grabbed that handkerchief and asked to one of an employe in there.

“Sorry, I find this handkerchief in my table. Do you know whose handkerchief it is?”

“Aah..., there is a man who come and sit in that chair for about one hours ago. He just sat in there but he go out from this restaurant in a hurry. His handkerchief may fell at that time. People rarely want to sit in there except when the restaurant is crowd. But, he immediately took place in there as if it had been his habit. Even the table and chairs in there also look very old. Other table was still empty though. Ah, you can leave  that handkerchief to me, I can return it to that man if he come again,” explained the employe.

Luna didn’t give any respond. Her eyes rounded and her hand is shaking.

“Miss?” asked that employe interrupted Luna reverie. Luna startled.

“Aah, it is okay. I..., I think I know whose handkerchief it is. I will return it to him. Thank you, ma’am,” said Luna with a shudder. After that, Luna go out from restaurant.

Is it Onew which that woman talked about? Is it him?

Luna run through the hustle there. Her step was stopped because there is a crowd who stop her. In that crowd there is police line which extends. There is a car which stop in the center of the street and several police cars. In around those car there are many blood.

“Oh my God, it is frightening,” said someone there.

“Look at that, if you want to cross the street you must walk carefully. You don't want to end up like that, don't you?” said a mother to her son who winced in fears.

“Is there an accident?” asked Luna to someone.

“Yes, there is someone who want to crossed the street then the car crushed him in the center of that street. I think the victim still alive because the ambulance come very fast. Maybe the victim already arrived in hospital an hour ago,” explained that person.

Luna nodded and realized that she still have to search Onew. She run again, however, she don’t find the presence of Onew. When she was feeling tired, she fell on the ground and chuckle.

“You are very stupid, Luna,” said her to her self. “The woman in the restaurant only said that there is a man who sat in there and dropped his handkerchief. Men in this world are not only one, right? Why do you run from the restaurant like that and hoping that the man is Onew?”

Then she chuckle again, “You are stupid, stupid, so stupid,” said Luna while she hit her head with her hand. Her tears fell down her cheeks. She wiped it and stand up from her sit. Then she stepped away.


Thank you for your support for this fanfics. Thanks for comment and subscribes. I am very appreciate it. And thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy reading this chapter and wait for the next. ^^

~pyong~