Chapter 5

A Promise and A Handkerchief

It was two days after Onew's accident. Though the doctor promised that Onew will awaken at least 24 hours after the operation was over but he has not woken up. It made Key frustrating. The problem is, Victoria will not return to her home if Onew is not wake up yet . Victoria's parents , who was in China, came to Korea to visit Onew and at once persuade Victoria to rest at home .

However , Victoria still does not want to go home . Maybe if Onew's parents come, Victoria will change her mind . But the possibility of it happening is very small, considering the relationship of Onew and his parents were not too good .

Actually Key is keen not to think about all that problems . However , he could not . Onew is like a brother to him and he would feel guilty if he does not care about Onew .

Key got in his car and go somewhere. He just wants to unwind for a while . After a few minutes' drive, he just realized where the car he was driving took him.

" Argh ! " Key shouted . " I do not really want to think about all things related to all of this situation, but why am I here ? " Key grumbled as he realized that he was at the scene of Onew's accident. And because he had missed his lunch time, Key decided to stop by to buy a snack at a nearby muffin shop.

"Welcome! " shouted the waitress in the muffin shop when Key entered the shop. Key pick some muffins after he reciprocated greetings from the waitress . After he pick the muffin, he walked toward the cashier and realized something .

" Oh ! Are you the one who call me and tell me when my friend got an accident around here? Do you remember ? " Key asked the cashier there . He remembers when Onew called him, and when he picked up, there was not Onew's voice but the voice of other people. Men? Women ? He could not guess . Perhaps men . When the men say that Onew had an accident , Key almost scolded him and threatened to demanded on charges of fraud . However , when he came to the scene , he was very surprised because the man say the truth. He was very surprised even he does not know what to do . And at that moment , someone served to him a glass of water and calm him down . The man said that he had called the police and ambulance . That person also told the whole chronology of that accident . And from the tone of his voice , Key knew that the cashier who was standing in front of him is a man who called him earlier .

" Ah ! Yes , I remember , "said the cashier . " How is your friend ? Is he okay ? "

" He had the surgery very well . Ah , I have to thank you from the moment of the incident . You have handled the situation deftly . Thank you . You're a good man , "said Key . And just as the Key finish the sentence , came a shout from the kitchen .

" Amber Unnie , where do you put the vanilla cream ? "

Suddenly the cashier or the man who have a talk with Key, shouted . " Why do not you find on the second shelves of the kitchen door ! " After he shouted , the man stared at Key who was in front of him and apologized nervously for having shouted in front of shoppers.

Key was silent but he felt something strange between the girl's shout in the kitchen and the man in front of him " Unnie ? " He said quietly . " Wait . You're not a men? "Said Key to the cashier .

The man - or more appropriately referred to as a girl who look like man named Amber - could only smile . Whether smiled nervously or smiled resignedly .


When the man in front of her said that she was a good man , Amber decided to leave it alone . However , the shouts of her co-worker who called her ' Unnie ' made him realize that she is not a men , but a woman . After that, the man stare at her unrelentingly with a look of awe and disbelief . Amber finally decided to take a bit rest to resuscitate the man who still awe of her . Sounds narcissistic, isn't it ? But that's the reality .

Amber gave one Latte that she carries to him . Now they are on one of the tables in the muffin shop . Amber thinks that the men need time to calm down a bit , so she asked him to sit at one table of that shop while chatting .

" So you're a woman ? " Said Key .

" You've been asked about it many times and I 've been many times answered that too, " Amber said a little annoyed .

" Oh yeah ? Sorry. It's just , you look different . Cool . Very cool , "said Key . " Ah , my names Key . What's your name ? "

" Amber , " Amber said . " If you're already calm , you can ... , "

" Amber , you will be my friend , isn't it ? " Key cut Amber's words. Amber chuckled . "You say it as if you are very coveted as a friend , " said Amber amused .

" Me ? Of course . Who does not want to be my friends? " Key said confidently.

" Me . Maybe , " Amber said, slightly .

" Hey , you're going to regret if saying that words, " said Key kidding . Then both of them chuckled . After that they were drinking their Latte . "Your friend , is he really okay ? As far as I know , he continues to put out a lot of blood when I call an ambulance , "said Amber .

" To be honest , he has not been woke up after the surgery . Whereas, the operation went smoothly . It makes me frustrated . Therefore, I decided to walk around for a while . But, I ended up at the scene and met with the witness of the accident, " explained Key .

" Is that so ? So you're regretting that you had to see me ? " said Amber . " And you just asked me to be friends a while ago. "

Key chuckled . "It's not like that . I do not regret it . To be honest I felt comforted . You can make me release all my negative emotions , "said Key .

" A - ah is that so ? Thank God , "said Amber . Then both of them smiled at each other and back to drink their Latte.

" You know , at first I was very upset at your friend, " said Amber .

" Why ? He is not the type of person who likes to make enemies . "

"You know, right , before he had an accident , he stopped at this shop. As he was about to pay - By the chance, I was the one who became a cashier at that time - he spilled a full glass of water. All of my shirt was wet and some water got into the storage of money , and money in the upper stacks becomes wet. Moreover , he just apologized and hurried walk out the shop without helping clean up the mess there. Then , when I know that a car hit him , I almost think ' Feel that law of karma ! ' . Fortunately, I realized that it was a stupid think and immediately called an ambulance. And now I'm even worried of your friend. But still I'm annoyed . Why he does not help clean up the mess that he made?" Amber scolded.

" He does not help you at all? Really? As far as I know, he's not like that . Moreover, he should have brought his handkerchief," said Key .

" Handkerchief? " repeated Amber .

Key nodded . "He had a handkerchief that he always carry wherever he goes . I do not know how important that handkerchief , but I think he is too excessive . It was just a handkerchief ! " said Key .

" Maybe he lost his handkerchief at that time, " said Amber.

"Maybe. But the last time he lost that handkerchief , he became like a madman . Looking for it here and there while shouting angrily and loudly, "said Key .


 

I made this chapter as an intermezzo with simple meeting of KeyBer and a little talk about the handkerchief. I hope you like it, even though I am not confident about this chapter. And I hope Onew wake up from his comma as soon as possible. I hope you continue to read the next chapter, so I can tell you what the relation of all of this with the handkerchief. And, thanks for read!! I am verry happy that I can share a story in my mind with you~

~pyong~