Prologue

A Promise and A Handkerchief

 

“You’re late,” Luna grumbling angrily. She was in a ramen restaurant near her school. Eating hot ramen in this winter season is absolutely delicious. But, the reason why she came to this restaurant is not just for eating ramen. She had a promise with one of her friend in here, in their favorite restaurant.

“Yes, I know, I know. But I just late for several minutes," said Onew defensively.

“It makes no difference!” Luna folded her hands.

"I know you're upset, but do not dump all your negative emotions to me," said Onew. Then he ordered ramen for him and for Luna.

Onew always ordered ramen for Luna and himself. This habit is same as write with his right hand.

“I am not upset.”

“No way. Then, why do you ask me to come here?”

“What’s wrong with it? We always come to this restaurant, right?”

“Yes I know that. But I also know there is other reason furthermore.”

Luna silent when she heard what Onew said. “How do you know? You can read my mind isn’t you?” said Luna kidding.

“It’s not important. The most important are you and your excessive negative emotions. Better you tell your problems, I'm afraid that if you accommodating pressure of your life, you will be angry with me like that again,” explained Onew. At that time, their ordered ramen were ready in their table. “You know, we are in the third grade in senior high who will continue our study in university that we want?” Luna asked while she stirs her ramen.

“Yes, I know,” Onew replied, then Luna silent. Then he put his chopsticks and looked at Onew. “Oppa, can I do that? Can I pass the test and continue my study in university that I want?”

Onew stopped bribing then he put his chopsticks. Then he looked back at luna. "What makes you think you  can’t?”

Luna thought. “Hmm, I’m not a smart student like you, my scores is average, not good but not bad, although I've learned desperately – I think. And, I feel my friends are much more developed than me. I feel like I far behind. Do I could reach university that I want?”

“Why not?” Onew replied. “Maybe you lack in motivation, you’re so feel inferior.”

“So?” Luna continued.

“Let’s make a promise!” exclaimed Onew.

“What kind of promise?” Luna asked.

“This way, you and I have our own dreams, and we will part in different university. Today we are 17 years old, 4 years later, let’s come to this restaurant again and tell me what we have achieved during university in order to reach our goals. We make a promise in this restaurant, in this table, table number 5 and at the same time, 17.30, okay? What do you think?” explained Onew.

“But, do you think it is not too challenging?”

“Yes, absolutely not. Do you think we are just going to talk about what we are doing at that time in the future? At that time we will compete. The person who success first is the winner. And the winner can ask anything from the losers! What do you think? Is it more challenging?” Onew explained again.

“Hmm… okay, even though I’m not sure I can defeat you and your genius brain,” complained Luna.

“You don't know you can or not if you don't try, right?”

Luna smiled. It is not a wrong option that he asked Onew to come when he feels sad like this. Onew oppa surely the best!

Then Onew tapped Luna’s head gently.  "It seems you've rediscover your spirit," he said.

Luna smiled. “Of course. Thank you, Oppa!”       

“No need to thank, I will do anything for you!”

Luna silent. “You don’t have special person, aren’t you?”

“I have. Of course, it is you!” Onew replied. Now, he started to eat his ramen again.

Luna cheeks heated up when she heard Onew's answer. “Ehm, not a special person like that. I mean, you don’t have someone that you like?”

“Why do you ask something like that?” asked Onew.

“It’s just, you must say that word to someone you like, not to me, who is just your friend,” said Luna. Her lips slightly trembled when she said her last word.

“Hm? What word should I say to someone I like?”

I will do anything for you. You are supposed to say that not to me.”

“Is that any problem if I say it to you?”

“The problem is…” If you talk like that to me, I would be more like you. Luna only can spoke that in her heart.

“What? What’s the problem?” Onew asked again.

“There isn’t any problem. Just forget what I said before,” said Luna while she smiled.

They finished their ramen and paid the bill. “Oh!” shouted Luna when she was going to paid the bill.

“What’s the matter?” asked Onew.

“I forget to bring my wallet, can I borrow your money?” asked Luna.

“Of course!” Onew replied.

“Thank you Oppa, you are the best! I will return your money tomorrow,” exclaimed Luna.

“No! Return my money when we met again in here, in table number 5, at 17.30, 4 years later! Okay?” Onew challenged.

“Okay!” exclaimed Luna. “But you promise to come right?”

“Of course. I promise!” Onew replied steady.


I hope you enjoy reading this fanfic :3. If there is any mistake in spelling or grammar, let me know about it, okay ;)

Happy Holiday

~pyong~