From Now On, You're Mine

Voodoo - The aspects of love

Anticipation and repressed excitement grew even bigger as VIXX waited in the backstage rooms of Music Bank, everybody was pacing around nervously… they’ve never been nominated as candidates for a win before.

Jaehwan was nervous too, but he had other matters on his heart as well. He was waiting too, but for another answer as the rest of the guys. He was waiting for the answer of his confession.

Jaehwan hid his face in his hands at that thought, hiding his wide but nervous smile from the rest.

He confessed his love a week ago to their very own Jung Taekwoon and instead of refusing him on the spot the furiously blushing main vocal asked for time to think… so Jaehwan waited. They’ve been dancing around each other in the past week, they stood together, yet they didn’t say anything, glances were stolen and smiles were shared but nothing else…

Hakyeon was bothering Taekwoon, because their leader never not noticed things like that when it came to his best friend and Hongbin seemed to have his suspicions as well, but no one said a thing.

And now in the growing excitement of the room Jaehwan felt restless, his heart going crazy from the agonizing slowness of everything that happened around him.

‘It’s time, assemble on stage!’ a staff member said and everyone moved as one.

‘You think we can…’ Hakyeon started tentatively as he glanced at everyone.

‘Shush, we will see.’ Ravi smiled and everyone shared a smile in silent agreement… they would be happy with whatever results.

Taekwoon walked besides Jaehwan, sharing silence again as they reached the stage.

‘Jaehwan, just wait a bit more, okay?’ Taekwoon said softly and walked upstage without glancing back.

Jaehwan froze in place as his heart did a somersault. Maybe things would change that day after all.

‘Come on, hyung. Move!’ Hongbin chuckled and together with the maknae locked their arms with his and pulled him upstage.

Then it became a blur of absolute joy, tears, relief, happiness and hugs. They won and none of them believed it… but they did, and they’ve never been so happy before.

Jaehwan was dizzy, he was euphoric and incredibly proud.

They got swept in an army of congratulations, photos, filming, celebrating and before Jaehwan knew it he was trying to catch his breath in one of the dressing rooms before they had to go to their radio recording.

He smiled at his reflection in the mirror, adrenaline still rushing through him. ‘Can’t believe it…’

‘Me neither.’ came a soft voice and Jaehwan only noticed Taekwoon then, he was still trying to wipe every remains of tears of his face.

‘Hyung, don’t cry! You cried enough already in place of me and the maknaes. Hakyeon-hyung’s jacket is completely soaked…’ Jaehwan said, stepping closer to Taekwoon, who just sent him a mocking glare but he was too happy for it to be believable.

‘Can’t help it, besides Wonshik cried way more…’ Taekwoon said, hitting Jaehwan’s head lightly just for emphasis.

‘Lies… but why didn’t you look at me on stage, not even when I got to hug you?’ Jaehwan asked, feeling a bit hurt over the rejection… he was hoping it was not the answer Taekwoon was planning to tell him.

Taekwoon didn’t say anything just looked searchingly at his face and only answered when Jaehwan’s face stayed completely serious…

‘Because I might have done something stupid…’ he said, looking down at his feet.

‘Hyung?’ Jaehwan asked curiously, leaning down to peak at his hyung’s face.

‘You know just how happy I was… still am… and if I’ve seen your smiling face right in that moment…’ Taekwoon continued to say, eyes fixed on his shoes and ignoring Jaehwan in his peripheral vision.

Jaehwan’s heart started to beat faster in anticipation… maybe, just maybe…

‘Leo! Ken!’ came Hakyeon’s shout from the hallways. ‘We are leaving!’

Jaehwan cursed silently under his breath. Not now!

Taekwoon straightened quickly and cupped Jaehwan’s face in his hands, startling the younger with the sudden action.

‘Jaehwan…’

‘…Yes?’ Jaehwan breathed out, voice tight from surprise and nervous anticipation.

‘I only didn’t look at you, because I wouldn’t have been able to stop myself from kissing you in front of everyone.’ Taekwoon whispered quickly and pressed their lips together softly but firmly.

Before Jaehwan could manage to catch on, one of Taekwoon’s arms was already around his waist, sure and strong, and he felt a rush of feelings that left him limp.

The kiss became more intense and Jaehwan clung to Taekwoon, the only solid thing in his quickly swaying world, arms around his neck and kissing back with everything he got. With all happiness and relief and never ending joy that day brought him, his shaking lips parting as Taekwoon’s insistent mouth wanted, and his body tremoring right along his heart.

Taekwoon pulled back then, eyes ablaze and glistening with emotion.

‘Taekwoon-hyung…’ Jaehwan gasped, feeling faint under the intense stare.

‘This is my answer, Jaehwan. I want to do this. I want to believe in this… I love you.’ Taekwoon mumbled.

Jaehwan couldn’t believe he could be happier but he was, his heart swelling with joy as an adoring smile broke out on his features.

‘I promise you. It will be alright, everything will work out.’ he whispered back, caressing Taekwoon’s face. ‘I love you.’

Taekwoon just smiled, wide and beautiful and Jaehwan never wanted to capture a moment in his life so badly before, to keep that rarely seen open happiness for himself.

‘Guys! Where the hell are you?’ Hakyeon’s impatient voice came closer and the two parted as the door opened, revealing the fuming leader.

‘Just fixing hyung’s make up.’ Jaehwan smiled at him, wiping away the nonexistent smudge from Taekwoon’s cheek. ‘He just couldn’t stop crying.’

Taekwoon grabbed his hand with a glare, even if his lips fought with another smile.

‘Don’t fight!’ Hakyeon laughed, before taking hold of Taekwoon. ‘Come on, let’s go! We still have a long way to go…’

And as the three of them left the room Taekwoon squeezed Jaehwan’s hand before interlocking their fingers.

‘A long way to go.’ he said glancing at Jaehwan with a soft smile.

‘But we can do it together.’ Jaehwan smiled and Hakyeon chuckled brightly as they reached the others…


Ah, the lovely feels from their first win~ How could I resist? ;)

Inspired by the lyrics and that one special VIXX TV episode.