Rock Ur Body

Voodoo - The aspects of love

Sequel to Say U Say Me


Taekwoon still couldn’t decide what he was doing on a garden party… he supposed that celebrating Jiwon’s – Wonshik one and only little sister – son’s birthday was understandable, a great accomplishment worth commemorating even, but what no one explained to him in advance was why doing so involved filling Jiwon’s garden with half the police force and all their kids from one to ten years old, and why he was required to attend.

‘You are my friend, hyung. And Uncle Wonshik’s friends are on the list.’ Wonshik had told him firmly with a smile that dared him to back out from a meeting again. ‘Don’t worry, you only need to be there. It’s not like we will force you to have fun.’

So here he was, guilty of ditching his friends for years and it meant a must attend to every silly thing they organized.

But Wonshik kept his word, he didn’t drag him around to introduce to everyone and everything and he could sit in the shade in relative peace, save for the few times the others came to talk to him and when Jiwon’s son brought him a cake with a big smile.

Taekwoon supposed it could have been worse and closed his eyes to rest a bit.

Of course it would have been too easy.

Sooo…’ came the annoying noise, that was his best friend. ‘I heard from Hyuk that he heard from Hongbin that Wonshik saw you and Jaehwan together at a café… is that true?’ Hakyeon basically purred, sitting down in the nearest chair.

‘Go away.’ Taekwoon answered.

‘So are you two dating? I also heard it was not the first time you met, just the two of you.’ Hakyeon continued, clearly enjoying his teasing.

Taekwoon sighed, he indeed met up with Jaehwan and he was in fact enjoying his company, very much and he also found him ridiculously attractive… but no they didn’t date.

‘Hakyeon, get your nose out of my personal life already.’ Taekwoon said finally after their silent battle of wits. ‘And also stop using my life as your broadcast stories. I listen to your program for your information.’

‘Oh you do? Taekwoon, you are such a cutie!’ Hakyeon exclaimed, clearly missing the point of the conversation again.

‘Whatever.’

‘Omo, will you look at that?’ Hakyeon squealed suddenly. ‘So cute!’

Taekwoon opened his eyes a bit to see what Hakyeon meant and the only such sight was Jaehwan, who was currently tackled to the ground by an army of small children and he was laughing harder than they were.

Cute indeed.

‘No wonder his class loves him, he is such a dork.’ Hakyeon mused.

‘Well he is a teacher for a reason.’ Taekwoon said, smiling slightly as Hyuk, Wonshik and some fathers joined the pile too, loud laughing flying towards them. Of course Hongbin was taking pictures of the whole ordeal, such a hobby photographer vet he was.

‘And you like him for a reason.’ Hakyeon shot back with a wide grin, unfazed by the glare he received. ‘Now if you excuse me, and don’t miss me too much, I gotta get those pictures for blackmail material.’

‘Not like I asked you to be here…’ Taekwoon rolled his eyes as Hakyeon skipped away to bother Hongbin and he closed his eyes again.

‘Enjoying the party I see.’ chuckled a familiar voice and Taekwoon felt the tug in his stomach.

‘Am I now?’ he answered and felt as Jaehwan settled into the grass right next to his chair.

‘Hmm, you are clearly amused. I can tell from your frown, hyung.’ Jaehwan said and poked his arm.

Taekwoon thought his chair was too comfortable to get up from and opted for simply kicking Jaehwan for the remark.

‘Hyung, you are sweet as ever.’ Jaehwan huffed and Taekwoon opened his eyes to fix him with a glare.

‘At least one of us is enjoying himself.’ he mumbled, his glare softening as the younger pouted up at him.

‘Wah, such a bad guy…You enjoy kicking me is that it?’ Jaehwan asked with mock hurt.

Taekwoon simply rolled his eyes.

‘I know, I know, just kidding.’ Jaehwan chuckled before adding. ‘So you were looking at me, hyung.’

It was not a question and Taekwoon felt the heat rising to his cheeks for being caught.

They stayed like that for a while, just gazing at each other until Jaehwan broke the silence with his wide smile.

‘Good to know, hyung.’ he said, leaning forward to rest his chin on Taekwoon’s knee. ‘Can I also expect your attention later too?’

‘What for?’ Taekwoon asked, the slight connection between them sending a jolt up his spine.

‘Dinner date.’ Jaehwan said, smiling up at the quickly reddening Taekwoon.

‘W-what?’

‘I’m asking you out… guessed that you wouldn’t mind if I made it our first official date.’ Jaehwan answered, winking.

‘I don’t…’ Taekwoon said softly, feeling just a bit shy because of the sudden request.

‘Perfect!’ Jaehwan chuckled with an adoring gaze. ‘I would kiss you right now for being this cute.’ he added leaning slightly up towards Taekwoon, successfully turning his blush an even deeper shade of red.

Taekwoon couldn’t help the glance that swept down to the younger’s full lips.

 ‘But I feel that my life would be in danger then… imagine all the angry fathers if their kids witnessed such a thing. All police officers with handcuffs and guns. ‘Jaehwan sighed, not moving quite back to his original position.

‘Idiot.’ Taekwoon said, face red and aimed another kick at the younger.

Jaehwan caught his foot before it could connect with his ribs, hand curling around his ankle and hold onto it. ‘Date?’

Taekwoon nodded. ‘But don’t play games with me.’

‘I’m serious.’ Jaehwan said, his fingers over the bare skin of Taekwoon’s ankle.

It dragged something hot down his spine that curled in the pit of his stomach and Taekwoon guessed that he was already a goner back during their club reunion, but now it was official.

‘Okay.’

Jaehwan beamed up at him with a brilliant smile and Taekwoon understood why Jaehwan wanted to kiss him before for being too cute. It worked the other way too.

‘Hongbin you’d better take pictures of that!’ came Hakyeon’s squeal and Taekwoon snapped back to reality with a start… they were still at this stupid garden party and Hakyeon was going to meet his sorry end in a few seconds.

And probably Hongbin too.

‘We’ll talk a bit later.’ Taekwoon said, gazing for a while longer at Jaehwan.

‘Sounds good to me.’ Jaehwan said with a satisfied smile, releasing Taekwoon’s ankle.

Taekwoon smiled softly before standing up, his gazing turning deadly as he aimed it at Hakyeon and the busily photographing Hongbin.

‘You’d better start running now!’ Jaehwan yelled, waving amusedly at the duo from his spot on the grass and leaned back to enjoy the show.

The two finally got the idea as they started to back away slowly.

Oh Taekwoon was going to make one good show for Jaehwan and with that he began the chase…

It was turning out to be a good sort of day after all, Taekwoon decided as he tackled the duo onto the grass, all things considered… and the evening promised to be even better.


Update~ This one came to me quick and easy since I found this AU ridiculously addictive... ;)

Inspired by the mood of the song and some parts of the lyrics. Still love it, forever my mood maker song. <3