Chapter 18: News

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Nope.”

“Hey, you didn’t let us finish.” Him Chan spoke in a whisper. The group of boys stood in the dark alleyway with their two guests. “All you have to do is show up and do what you did the last time.”

“First of all, I don’t even like you guys and I’ve done it once. If I do it again, they will catch on.” How many times did Hanhae have to deny it so that they would get the point? Agreeing to do the bid the first time was already a huge risk and they want him to do it for a second time?

“Yong Guk, it is a huge risk you’re asking us to take.” Sae Ryun jumped in between Him Chan and his nephew, Hanhae. It took a lot of work to throw Gi Bum’s men off their tail after they bid for Na Ri. “They’re already asking us if we were working with you.” If the same thing happens for a second time, Gi Bum isn’t going to accept any excuses.

“Sae Ryun, we aren’t left with much choice.” Yong Guk replies lowly. If Na Ri could see how he is now, she would be so heartbroken. The usual well-kept Yong Guk was long gone. Now in his place was someone who hasn’t had a chance to shave or have the luxury to sleep. He has been too focused on hiding and interfering in any of Gi Bum’s business when he has a chance to even take care of himself. Yong Guk keeps his eyes on Sae Ryun as he fixes his black cap so that it would hide more of his face.  

Sae Ryun took a deep breath. This was a hard decision for him. Sae Ryun was never someone who would be this selfless because if anyone would describe him, they would say he is nothing but selfish. So why was he trying so hard for Yong Guk? The man was once after him but for some reason, Yong Guk never finished it, instead, he brought Sae Ryun on his side. And that was long before Yong Guk had ever gotten into any sort of trouble. “Yong Guk, it’s a known fact that you shouldn’t do things twice.” Like the bidding, it worked once – it probably wouldn’t work again.

Yong Guk brought his hands up to rub his tired eyes. All the boys were a wreck and he felt bad for putting everyone through this and more importantly, he hated himself for getting Na Ri stuck in the middle for a second time. “I’m at my wits end.” He chuckled bitterly.

Sudden footsteps on the wet pavement cause everyone to be on high alert. They spin around to face the intruder.

Upon seeing who it was, their tensed bodies’ relaxed and subtle breath of relief was released from each of their lips.

“So this is where you all have been.” Prosecutor Han crankily points out. “So you all escape the safe house to sleep with the rats?” He placed his hands on his hips and huffed. “Do you know how long I have been looking for you all?” It has been over two weeks since the boys’ sudden disappearance.

“We must have been doing a good job on hiding.” Him Chan points out amusingly. Not only do they have to hide from Gi Bum and his men, they have been trying to dodge Prosecutor Han’s attempts to locate them. They couldn’t be forced back under the prosecutor’s watch again. Nothing was moving fast enough in their search for Na Ri.

And when they finally broke free, they managed to find the base but now they were stuck again. How were they going to break into a high security place with just five boys? It was impossible and definitely a suicide mission.

Prosecutor Han was going to respond when the two in the back catches his eye. “Did I intrude on some planning?” Everyone doesn’t answer him right away and Prosecutor Han grew impatient. He knew of Sae Ryun and why they’re all together, they were up to no good most definitely.

“Jung Woo, I’m not coming back with you.” Yong Guk decided to just come right out with it, since that’s what Prosecutor Han wanted in the end.

“You plan to get Chin Ho caught up with whatever you’re planning also?” Prosecutor Han knew that was a touchy subject since in the beginning, Yong Guk had asked him to keep Chin Ho out of the way. “Whatever effort you put in at the start to keep him uninvolved, just know that that’s all out the window.” Chin Ho was somehow taken from right under his nose too and there was no mystery about where the boy was.

And Prosecutor Han knew just from a single glimpse of Yong Guk that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter