Chapter 14: Captured

They Can't Control Us II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And we’re invited?” Hanhae asked in question.

I snapped my head back towards Hanhae who should have done everything but support this monster beside to me. Why was everyone acting this way? Like there was nothing wrong with what Gi Bum was doing? He was selling people as if they were merchandise and people were okay with this?

Gi Bum grinned. “Of course and you’re welcome to participate.”

Hanhae caught my glare and only returned a smile. “That’s interesting. I was waiting for my chance to return Yong Guk a favor for his snitching.”

I clenched my teeth and looked between the two.

It was sickening.

It was sickening to look at them and it was sickening to hear the rowdy laughter that consumed the area. They all think it’s a joke.

Once again I felt a tug on my arm and I looked back at Gi Bum. “If you’re doing this to attract Yong Guk’s attention, you will regret it.” I said and stared back at him, not allowing myself to waver in front of these people.

But he wasn’t the least intimidated by my threat. “That’s what I’m hoping for.”

He was simply doing this, using me as his pawn to drag Yong Guk into his trap. But there was one thing he miscalculated. Yong Guk wouldn’t fail to know it’s a trap and he wouldn’t fail to think of his own plan.

“You’re underestimating him and that’s your second mistake.” I spat.

“Oh?” Gi Bum tilted his head annoyingly. “And what is my first mistake then?”

“By using me.”

At that moment, Min Guk grabbed my other arm and yanked me up on my feet. I ignored the pain that suddenly shoots up my limbs and I whipped my head around to look at him. His expression was anything but happy but did I care? I wasn’t in the best mood at the moment either.

“I’m going to take her around for a moment. Please continue with your talk.” Min Guk tells his father, who returns a nod. I was dragged away from the seating area and through the center of the dance floor. I couldn’t tug or take my arm back so I was left with the choice of following after the boy. My body was put through more pain as the people dancing continue to nudge every part of my bruised body.

We finally get through the crowd and he pulls me down an empty hallway, with an exception of a few laundering couples.

He stopped and forced my back up against the wall. “What?” I looked up at him. He stood inches away and towered over me.

“Stop running your mouth.” He growled. “You think Yong Guk ing cares that you’re here?” He made sure each word that left his mouth taunted me.

“And who the hell do you think you are? You have to be no older than 18. Stop ruining your life.” Now that I’m looking at Min Guk, I couldn’t help but think about Chin Ho. If I didn’t interfere with his life, would he have turned out like this?

“Ruining it?” He chuckled. “Do you know how much cash we make off of this business?”

I shook my head in disbelief. “Humans are not meant to be sold so you can benefit.” This kid that is so young has such a thought in his head. I leaned back when he placed a hand beside my head to bring his face closer.

“This is how the world works.” He whispered.

I placed both hands up and shoved his chest. He straightens up and increases the distance between us. “Then you should also know that judgment will come.”

He laughed at my answer. “What? Is that your way of warning me about Yong Guk?” The humor suddenly leaves Min Guk’s face. “Yong Guk is in hiding right now. The moment he steps out of the shadows, we’ll be there.”

***

That night, sleep was kept away from me once again. No, it wasn’t because of the loud noise out in the hall or the thumping on my ceiling – it was feeling of the unknown. I let out a shaky breath thinking about the auction this weekend.

I always have this insane amount of hope in Bang that continues to be questioned. I was going to get sold this weekend and what was I supposed to do? Continue to think that Bang would magically appear and save me?

Of course I knew what to do. I needed to fight. I needed to fight until Bang had a chance to even get close to where I was. That was the only option available for me. And I needed Jae Ho and Daehyun right by my side.

I froze hearing the sound of my door clicking open. I calmed my breathing and kept my muscles stiff as I listened. The door open wider, letting a small slit of the hallway lights to shine in and the door quickly closes. I clenched the blanket around my body as the quiet footsteps got closer and closer to my bed. The moment I felt a hand on my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter